Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Went to a car show at the Muscle Car Museum today in Punta Gorda Fl.

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Went to a car show at the Muscle Car Museum today in Punta Gorda Fl. by CoolBlue87GT
Started on: 08-24-2013 11:35 AM
Replies: 12 (652 views)
Last post by: diabloroadster on 08-26-2013 09:46 PM
CoolBlue87GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2013 11:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A show in Punta Gorda at the Muscle Car Museum

Took the TDI Fiero, it was a curiosity for most those that checked it out. Got many "Cool & oh wow's" All thought, "what a good idea".

Found some other Pontiac's. Enjoy the pic's

This Pace car was owned by a good friend of mine, he passed away unexpectedly a few years ago. We used to spend hours at shows talking about our cars, he was very proud of his.

Super Duty 455 Firebird

They had row after row of Matchbox cars & larger diecast cars.

1966 Dynamic Oldsmobile w/ 455 cid. The paint was nice, the two tone was separated by a small bright red pinstripe, really set it off.

These VW's must of taken some time to do all the artwork. Looked really good in person.

Trike had some nice air brushed artwork that pops right at you.

This was interesting, A custom 1949 front & rear, was actually built on a Thunderbird. It was done wery nice, I 1st thought it was a Monte Carlo, but then saw the sign inside.

This Impala SS was so clean & fresh, you would swear it was brand new.

Mercury Park Lane

[This message has been edited by CoolBlue87GT (edited 08-25-2013).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
CoolBlue87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2013 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anyone see any cars they liked ?

I really liked the Impala Super Sport , it looked like it just rolled off showroom floor. Yum

TheKingOfBattle

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2013 05:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheKingOfBattleSend a Private Message to TheKingOfBattleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Liked the 455 Super Duty Firebird.
Took me a minute to figure out what was going on with that 90s T-bird. Lot a sheetmetal work there.
CoolBlue87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2013 09:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TheKingOfBattle:

Liked the 455 Super Duty Firebird.
Took me a minute to figure out what was going on with that 90s T-bird. Lot a sheetmetal work there.

I kept looking at it, couldn't fugure it out, I thought it was built on a Monte Carlo , then I saw the sign inside saying Thunderbird.

Ya, the Super Duty Firebird was really sharp, looked like it was all orginal factory paint, which for silver is remarkable.

[This message has been edited by CoolBlue87GT (edited 08-25-2013).]

jaredmurray88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2013 09:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaredmurray88Send a Private Message to jaredmurray88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All of those conversions to look like a 49 I have seen were fiberglass rebody jobs. There is somebody in lavale that has one partially done I think is their dd.The rear though I have never seen now that must have taken some time to get that way lol.
92wastheyear

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2013 11:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 92wastheyearSend a Private Message to 92wastheyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CoolBlue87GT:

I kept looking at it, couldn't fugure it out, I thought it was built on a Monte Carlo , then I saw the sign inside saying Thunderbird.

I can see the T-Bird in it....of course I used to have that vintage T-Bird so it jumps out to me a little easier
blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2013 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That GTO convert is a real head turner. I love classic Pontiac power!

Thsnks for posting the pics!
oldbikeracer

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2013 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for oldbikeracerClick Here to visit oldbikeracer's HomePageSend a Private Message to oldbikeracerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The 49 Ford re body on the Thunderbird is made by Easy Rods. They also have a 57 Chevy re body for Camaro.
92wastheyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2013 01:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 92wastheyearSend a Private Message to 92wastheyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by oldbikeracer:

The 49 Ford re body on the Thunderbird is made by Easy Rods. They also have a 57 Chevy re body for Camaro.

I think my favorite rebody for the camaro is this one

kevin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2013 03:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kevinSend a Private Message to kevinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CoolBlue87GT:

A show in Punta Gorda at the Muscle Car Museum

Took the TDI Fiero, it was a curiosity for most those that checked it out. Got many "Cool & oh wow's" All thought, "what a good idea".

Found some other Pontiac's. Enjoy the pic's

Cool Blue,
I enjoy your pic's I want to know what the people were saying and/or commenting on your Fiero? What do you mean by "what a good idea"? Are some people niave about the consruction of the Fiero? While I am at it, can you show us your interior picture?
Thsanks,
kevin

This Pace car was owned by a good friend of mine, he passed away unexpectedly a few years ago. We used to spend hours at shows talking about our cars, he was very proud of his.

Super Duty 455 Firebird

They had row after row of Matchbox cars & larger diecast cars.

1966 Dynamic Oldsmobile w/ 455 cid. The paint was nice, the two tone was separated by a small bright red pinstripe, really set it off.

These VW's must of taken some time to do all the artwork. Looked really good in person.

Trike had some nice air brushed artwork that pops right at you.

This was interesting, A custom 1949 front & rear, was actually built on a Thunderbird. It was done wery nice, I 1st thought it was a Monte Carlo, but then saw the sign inside.

This Impala SS was so clean & fresh, you would swear it was brand new.

Mercury Park Lane

CoolBlue87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2013 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kevin:
I enjoy your pic's I want to know what the people were saying and/or commenting on your Fiero?

What do you mean by "what a good idea"?

Are some people niave about the consruction of the Fiero?

While I am at it, can you show us your interior picture?

Thanks,
kevin

Most were saying what a good idea, meaning to combine the fuel mileage of a TDI with the light weight of the Fiero. They said having a sporty car with the TDI made sense.

At far as the consruction of the Fiero, almost all I talked to knew of the way they were built. I've met so many people that actually worked on the production line over the years, It's pretty neat when you run across one, they can tell you stories about the factory that is not commonly known.

Sent you aa PM, hope you can edit your post to make it shorter. I'll look for an interior shot for you.
PFF
System Bot
diabloroadster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2013 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for diabloroadsterSend a Private Message to diabloroadsterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That '32 Ford is almost just like my good friends '32 Ford, same color, same wheels, ect.....
diabloroadster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2013 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for diabloroadsterSend a Private Message to diabloroadsterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

diabloroadster

269 posts
Member since Jan 2011
That '32 Ford is almost just like my good friends '32 Ford, same color, same wheels, ect.....

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock