Started on: 08-22-2013 08:46 PM
Replies: 27 (890 views)
Last post by: fierofool on 12-26-2015 11:10 PM
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2013 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The remains of The Joel Project are at ThaDrivers. Basically, it's a space frame with the engine, trans and running gear. One of the Georgia Fiero members has obtained the original body panels, sans rear decklid. I think they were part of the Come and Get Free Fiero Stuff in Canton. We have a lot of items to put the car back together, but it's unknown if we have enough to finish it.

John, I've been calling and sending you emails and messages but I've not gotten any replies, so this is an attempt to have you contact me. You have my phone number. I have something to discuss with you regarding The Joel Project. We will not proceed any further until I hear from you. Please call, ASAP. jetsnvettes, Archie, or any others who speak with John, please let him know that we need to speak with him.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
jetsnvettes2000

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2013 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM Sent!
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2013 12:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wish the best for the project, and hope it all turns out well. It is a shame, as when I flew up to help with the Joel project, (the first time ) The whole car was there. We all put a lot of work into the car, and I was so disgusted to see what that idiot did to it when we all left. Redraif and I spent a few hours completely restoring the tail lights. High speed buffing the oxidized plastic, then meticulously taping off and repainting them. That idiot probably sold them to someone for a profit.

Here is a time lapse video I took last January on one of the 2 build days:

fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2013 08:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There doesn't appear to be much left of the project as we left it. Chuck still had the front and rear bumpers when I picked up the car as well as the interior trim pieces. The stainless brake lines were still on the car, at least on the back. I got to see them due to both rear wheels blowing out. The complete engine is there, too. I don't remember what seats were in the car, but when I picked it up there were none. I have a set of 88 seat bases and I think it was CowsPatoot that said he had a set of GT skins to go on them.

There was a young man who loaded up bunches of free stuff and took it home to use on his Fiero. He has enlisted in the military and his parents said the stuff had to go. tntcary has been the recipient of much of that and that includes the fenders, door skins and rear quarters. He has told Aerodonamic that he would donate them to help complete the project.

I have a set of tires for the car and a pair of tail lights. Not as nice as what John and Redraif produced, but at least they will let people know when the car's stopping.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2013 08:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

fierofool

12811 posts
Member since Jan 2002
Jetsnvettes2000, PM replied. Thanks.
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2013 03:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool: I don't remember what seats were in the car, but when I picked it up there were none.

Wow, what a schmuck! Mr. Mike was kind enough to donate seat covers for the Joel Project. I KNOW he must have made a profit on them, I just wonder who's car they ended up in, and not even knowing their original intent........

These were the seats re-done for the car:

I am sorry for bringing some of this up, I am just so very angry over what the unmentionable person Dean Caine AKA WhoDeanie, (I feel let EVERYONE know his real name, and not hide it) did. People drove in from all over the Southeast to donate their money and time. One drove in from New Hampshire, I flew up from West Palm beach, it just makes me sick, sorry.

Now, that that is all in the past, I think it is fantastic that the project see's the light of day again, and gets the chance to be completed. I love the idea of finding another deserving person. I believe Joel kinda backed out the last time, and almost 2 years later has moved on. If anyone is connected with churches, community center or the like, ask around for a deserving person, maybe someone knows someone that needs it first hand. How about getting a few deserving people, and letting everyone have a look at their back story, why they deserve it, and come to a popular decision? That's just an idea, but would get people that have been involved with the car some input.

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 08-23-2013).]

johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2013 03:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I grabbed the Mr. Mikes Seats. I donated them to a needing Indy owner that had a car in VERY rough shape when all this went down. Dean never tried to steal or sell them that I know of. I may not like what Dean did but please let us keep rumor, conjecture, or inuendo out and only facts be passed around. We are better than that.

[This message has been edited by johnyrottin (edited 08-23-2013).]

fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2013 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Johnyrottin, would you call me so I can discuss this project with you?
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2013 05:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by johnyrottin:

I grabbed the Mr. Mikes Seats. I donated them to a needing Indy owner that had a car in VERY rough shape when all this went down. Dean never tried to steal or sell them that I know of. I may not like what Dean did but please let us keep rumor, conjecture, or inuendo out and only facts be passed around. We are better than that.

Sorry John, that was not my intent. When we left the seats were there, when the car was recovered they were not. I just mistakenly jumped to the wrong conclusion, for that I sincerely apologize.
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2013 08:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
JohnWPB,
No apology needed my friend but sincerely accepted. Just trying to stay focused on the positive and stay away from the negative. We have great people here! Let's not taint it with talk of he who shall not be named.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2014 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sadly, Georgia Fieros will have to abandon completion of The Joel Project. The vehicle is too badly cannibalized for us to complete it. We had received an 86SE from RobsFieros that was to replace the 84, but it was severely rusted and damaged underneath that it is being parted out to finance our Wounded Warrior Project car.

I've spoken to John about this, and there were several options. The car has an 84 cradle with a 4-speed transmission and a low mileage 2.8 with roller rockers and maybe some other mods. The interior is gone, the disks and calipers are gone. Only the upper body panels fascias remain. There are no serviceable tires on the car. The car is almost complete in its wiring conversion to the V6. That's about all that's there. The whole car is available and if you can work out a price with johnyrottin, it can be picked up in Commerce, Ga. The money from the sale will go to John Harbour to be used as he sees fit.

Georgia Fieros is working on an 88GT that is to be given to a Wounded Warrior and our efforts and monies need to be directed at that car. We had hoped to salvage The Joel Project, but it was just too far gone.
PFF
System Bot

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2014 10:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just want to post to say thanks for all your efforts everyone who was involved and giving of yourselves to organizing and working on it.
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2014 01:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, where should the proceeds go? Any ideas/thoughts/suggestions?

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2014 01:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Well, where should the proceeds go? Any ideas/thoughts/suggestions?

Whats a re-cap of what there is?
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2014 02:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is what the car looks like.

John, may I suggest the money go to your favorite charity?
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2014 04:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Johnny, I helped along with many others to get the Joel Project done. Unfortunately that never happened. Your heart and money, time and effort, were all in the right place.

I personally would not mind one bit if you sold the engine and frame for what you could, and put the money towards your RottinChop2 project. I know you will balk at this, but I strongly encourage you to think it over. You were one of the ones burned the worst, and lost the most amount of money in the whole whodeanie mess.

You have a fine team of people that have stepped up to help you complete the car. Use the few hundred that you can get from the lil red car, and put it into yours. You will live to do something else good yet another day.

johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2014 02:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
While the idea sounds good and I appreciate the thought, I don't think I could do it. I think the guilt would just about kill me. But I do promise you guys, I will be building one of these after I retire to give away to a needing high school aged boy or girl. I won't let that goal die.
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2014 06:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

While the idea sounds good and I appreciate the thought, I don't think I could do it. I think the guilt would just about kill me. But I do promise you guys, I will be building one of these after I retire to give away to a needing high school aged boy or girl. I won't let that goal die.

When I finish your car, Lets get it done. Building these cars is my version of therapy Id be happy to do another one free just grab a shell or this one we have plenty of parts here to get it together minus seats and dash but that is not as big deal either as my old fiero with a perfect dash is in the local yard and they only want 50 bucks for it.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2014 09:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jetsnvettes2000:

When I finish your car, Lets get it done. Building these cars is my version of therapy Id be happy to do another one free just grab a shell or this one we have plenty of parts here to get it together minus seats and dash but that is not as big deal either as my old fiero with a perfect dash is in the local yard and they only want 50 bucks for it.

johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2014 10:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So it is written, so shall it be done.
dcarrd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2014 12:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dcarrdSend a Private Message to dcarrdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well, speaking of high school kids there's a 17 year old kid that lives two doors down to me who took the little money he had and got suckered into buying a an old 80s mercedes with all kinds of maladies. There's nothing he can do with it that he can afford at this point. When I brought my Fiero over from storage the first thing out of his mouth was "WOW, I WANT A FIERO!" lol(keep it mind that it looks like **** at the moment after sitting for 8 years on the grass). He's trying to sell his German heap for a few hundred so he can start saving for one. This is a kid whom his real parents abandoned and was rescued by an older couple, one of them being sick, and are raising him.
I bring him up as a possible recipient and since I will be purchasing another Fiero on Monday I can make my 84 SE available to either rebuild(its a michigan car yikes!) or scavenge parts off to add to the Joel car after I swap out some parts into my "new" 85.
Either way, Id be happy to help with part donations with any other recipient as long as the parts are available.
Good luck.
PFF
System Bot
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2014 11:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
John, can you tell us what to do with the car? We may not have a place to store it for much longer. We also need the wheels we put on it to go on another project we're working on.
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2014 09:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I thought you guys were going to strip it down and salvage the salvageable parts?
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2014 12:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Some of the PFF members had indicated they'd like to retrieve it and finish it up. It has a great chassis on it and I guess all of the conversion wiring is still there. The V6 engine is still there along with the 4-speed trans. I don't recall if it has the 84 or 85-86 trans. The stainless brake lines are there, but they were disconnected when the new calipers were stripped off.

If we did strip it, we'd need a title to dispose of the chassis. That probably couldn't happen during calendar year 2014.
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2014 03:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am up for whichever is least intrusive to you guys. It did have a VERY clean chassis from what I remember.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2015 11:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Does anyone know anything about the engine that had been installed in this car? As I recall, it had some work and upgrades done, but I could be mistaken. There is a notation in this original archived thread about a local shop donating labor on the engine.

//www.fiero.nl/forum/A...0314-1-084045-5.html
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2015 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just remember it was a V6 that was in perfect running order when it was swapped in.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2015 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hopefully it's the same engine. I think everything had been repainted on it. I'll have to get Paul to look at the intake and valve covers. I thought it had a bigger can or higher ratio rockers. We would like to know for interested parties.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock