V8 Archie rocker panels by KOS
Started on: 08-21-2013 04:04 PM
Replies: 7 (1071 views)
Last post by: KOS on 08-21-2013 10:32 PM
KOS

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2013 04:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KOSClick Here to visit KOS's HomePageSend a Private Message to KOSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just realized it looks like Archie has 2 different rocker panels.

One is the integrated kit

and one on his wide body kit

Thought I would post here first before calling him as I am not quite ready to pull the trigger on anything. Can anyone confirm if he has just updated his rockers or are they 2 different ones.

Anyone just have the ones from the wide body on their car?

------------------
Dan
Build Thread

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
EvilSqueezles

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2013 04:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for EvilSqueezlesSend a Private Message to EvilSqueezlesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I do believe they are 2 seperate things. The regular rockers taper back into the molding line, while I believe the widebody version doesn't have the taper so it will match up to the 3" wider hips that are added onto the rear quarter.
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2013 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
the bottom picture is the wide body.. the top pic is just the side skirts.. had a set of them, they look great but they can be a pain to install. and no they haven't been changed or updated.... IRM made them back in the day and no he has them. the top pic is what you get with just the rockers.

[This message has been edited by pontiackid86 (edited 08-21-2013).]

BlackEmrald

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2013 06:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackEmraldSend a Private Message to BlackEmraldEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The bottom picture is a widebody kit, as said above. It includes fenders, rockers, door extension, quarter panels and more. You are looking for the first option, unless you a planning on replacing almost the whole body of your car.
Fiero84Freak

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2013 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero84FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero84FreakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's all on his webpage - v8archie.com

The old style - the ones on top - are $475.00.

The newer wide body - the bottom one - is $1,950.00 for the basic kit or $2250.00 with the optional front fenders.

A few people have scored the older styles used as there's a good handful of them out there. I'm sure Archie has sold plenty of the widebody too, but not too sure you're going to find anyone off-loading that used....

[This message has been edited by Fiero84Freak (edited 08-21-2013).]

KOS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2013 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KOSClick Here to visit KOS's HomePageSend a Private Message to KOSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks guys. I get all of that stuff. I was just unsure if there were different styles and if the wise body one had ever been put on by itself. Which sounds like there are and the wide body wouldn't work . I plan to get the wide body at some point.

------------------
Dan
Build Thread

BlackEmrald

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2013 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackEmraldSend a Private Message to BlackEmraldEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They don't interchange, if that's what you are asking.

You can't get get regular archie rockers and add the wide body to it later. They are completely independent.
KOS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2013 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KOSClick Here to visit KOS's HomePageSend a Private Message to KOSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks. I just want sure if those were old shots on his site or if they were different parts. Now it is just a decision to build my engine or get more body parts. I just got the chin and trunk lip spoiler and have smoked markers on the way. But I also have the engine. Now that the interior is almost done time to move onto phase 2 ..decision time...

------------------
Dan
Build Thread

[This message has been edited by KOS (edited 08-21-2013).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay