Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Can anyone recommend an auto shipping company??

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Can anyone recommend an auto shipping company?? by retroman
Started on: 08-20-2013 10:51 PM
Replies: 7 (305 views)
Last post by: sricka01 on 02-28-2015 05:49 PM
retroman

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2013 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for retromanSend a Private Message to retromanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So, it's finally getting close. My time in Hawaii is almost up and I will be leaving in a few months. My wife and I will be moving to South Dakota. We have decided to ship our vehicles rather than sell, as they are both paid off, and adding a car payment to a new job, college, and a mortgage just didn't seem like a bright idea to us. My problem is is that when I shipped them out here, I used Matson and shipped from San Diego. I don't think Matson has a fleet of semis though for the cross country trip once they are offloaded onto the pier, and doing a winter road trip is out of the question due to time constraints and potential heavy winter conditions. If anyone knows of a reliable company that will do trans-ocean and trans-continental shipping, I would greatly appreciate it. So far, I am bombarded with search results that only offer one or the other. Thank you.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Jfrost

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2013 11:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JfrostSend a Private Message to JfrostEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just curious, were you out there with the military? I had a friend stationed there a few years ago and visited him on Oahu. I absolutely loved it it and want to go back already!

Good luck with your search.

------------------
Project L67 Fiero

mmeyer86gt/gtp

Feedback score:    (161)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2013 09:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
get with your TMO office.
retroman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2013 02:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for retromanSend a Private Message to retromanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes I am with the military, but they will only ship one vehicle. We decided to ship my wife's Cobalt on Uncle Sam's dime since it was the heavier and overall larger vehicle of the two. That leaves me to pick up the bill for the Fiero.
mmeyer86gt/gtp

Feedback score:    (161)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2013 12:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
TMO will have options of shippers you can contact and use to get your car to where it needs to be.
kristencarter

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2015 02:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kristencarterSend a Private Message to kristencarterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Anyone have any experience with shipping their car across the country? I'm sending my car to DCR headquarters from some TLC. The first company I contacted, Auto Shippers America, was $675 one way. I'm looking for a reputable shipping company to make sure it gets there in one piece! Thanks
retroman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2015 10:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for retromanSend a Private Message to retromanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just bought a Charger in October. Had to have it shipped from the point of sale to my house. The first broker (Get it Done Transportation) I used was not that good or honest. Thankfully, another broker saw the delay in pickup and called me about the situation. He was true to his word and handed me my car the next day. Here's the contact info:

Sean Irvin
Haul Away Auto Transport
754-201-2242
sricka01

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2015 05:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sricka01Send a Private Message to sricka01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I used uship.com bidding service to ship from Seattle to Dallas. Three cars (2 Fiero, 1 Reatta) was $2,193.99. I bought the driver Starbucks which went a long way in how he treated them.
I begged for top level load for the Fiero I cared most about and he obliged. Normally top load is reserved for those who pay extra.
Montway Auto Transport won the bid. The driver seemed to do a good job but on the drop off point, my family said he was covered in grease and dirt from having to crawl and secure under vehicles.
I had expected this and wrapped my entire grey cloth interior, doors, handles in carpet wrap they sell at Home Depot. So keep this in mind too.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock