Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Introduction, pics, and a little interior work.

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Introduction, pics, and a little interior work. by Rezol
Started on: 08-17-2013 11:15 PM
Replies: 12 (417 views)
Last post by: jscott1 on 08-18-2013 07:17 PM
Rezol

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2013 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RezolSend a Private Message to RezolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello all. Wanted to take a few minutes and introduce myself. Name is Mark, from a little town in northern IL. Been a gear head since I was a kid. I'm a ford guy, always have been, always will be. However, I was turned on to fieros by a buddy of mine. I love my mustangs but with my budget (wife,2 kids...) I just couldn't get them to where I wanted them. Plus I've always had a "secret" desire to see what these little cars were all about. One thing led to another, sold both my mustangs and picked up this 86 GT, auto. Payed $600 for the car, extra engine (complete) and he swapped the crappy chevy rims that were on it for a stock set of rims. After a little work and fixing/ replacing things I was driving it. Though it still has small issues, it doesn't run half bad. Quickly decided that she needed some customizing and picked the interior to start with. Here are some pictures.

After bringing it home and swapping the rims.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Rezol

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2013 11:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RezolSend a Private Message to RezolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Started with the shifter plate.

Took the original off, boy is it dirty in there.

1st on the agenda was to get rid of the TALL T handle shifter. Cut it down and made a new push button shifter knob (did I mention besides being a mechanic, I'm also a machinist) and plate to go around shifter. Ends up the shifter doesn't move in a straight line. That's why the plate is angled (to be fixed later)

Next I decided I didn't like the ashtray's or power mirror switch. And the window switches are to far apart/ not in a comfortable place. So it was time for a whole new plate.
Here are some pictures to show the steps

Rezol

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2013 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RezolSend a Private Message to RezolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Rezol

18 posts
Member since Jun 2013
Sized and window switches in.

Hmmm, push button start? Sure, why not.

Last test fit before paint

Looks pretty good I think! Now to get my FIERO GT decal made for the empty space at the bottom.

Rezol

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2013 11:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RezolSend a Private Message to RezolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Rezol

18 posts
Member since Jun 2013
Next up was to install my deck. BUT, I didn't like it down on the bottom. So, I decided to change things a little

Looks like it should fit ok..

After a little "massaging", it fits good.

Now for the surround plate.

Finally a semi finished job. Extended the wires for one of the switches so it could easily be unplugged when lifting the plate up. Still need to hook up the push button start and devise a way to do away with the key all together.

fierogtlt1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2013 12:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good deal on the car.Great start on the interior..now where are you putting the power mirror switch?
Rezol

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2013 12:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RezolSend a Private Message to RezolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am thinking about just omitting it completely. The drivers side doesn't work with the switch and I don't use them anyway. Right now it is just tucked away under the new plate.
solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2013 12:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
AS us Fiero nuts say, "welcome to the madness". Nice shade of red on the toe nail polish.
Rezol

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2013 12:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RezolSend a Private Message to RezolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
haha, ya that's my youngest daughter. She likes to "help" when I'm messing around with the car.
Fierfly

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2013 12:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierflySend a Private Message to FierflyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did you make it to the 30th anniversary show in June?
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2013 12:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking good, I like the custom work on the shifter plate.

I hope I do not offend you, but you are a female? I see the legs, painted toe nails and pink flip flops. Not many female's on here, and a nice addition to the forum!
Rezol

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2013 12:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RezolSend a Private Message to RezolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierfly:

Did you make it to the 30th anniversary show in June?

Did not make the 30th, but It sure looked like it would be a lot of fun.

PFF
System Bot
Rezol

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2013 12:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RezolSend a Private Message to RezolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Rezol

18 posts
Member since Jun 2013

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

Looking good, I like the custom work on the shifter plate.

I hope I do not offend you, but you are a female? I see the legs, painted toe nails and pink flip flops. Not many female's on here, and a nice addition to the forum!

Thanks, and nope not a female, that's my youngest daughter (6 yrs old). She likes to help when I'm working on the car.
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2013 07:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to the forum.

Innovative use of plexiglass. I made some covers out of plexi, but I left it clear for the effect.

We take a lot of grief for collecting these relatively uncollectible cars. But they are a lot cheaper than Mustangs. But we have almost no aftermarket. You can build a 'Stang completely out of a catalog if you got the cash. Here we have to be a little more creative.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock