Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Does anyone know what happened to the Central Iowa Fiero Club?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Does anyone know what happened to the Central Iowa Fiero Club? by don297
Started on: 08-17-2013 08:55 PM
Replies: 7 (414 views)
Last post by: 2.5 on 08-19-2013 04:27 PM
don297

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2013 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for don297Send a Private Message to don297Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Their page hasn't been updated since October 15, 2009. I was looking into joining a fiero club but all the ones in Iowa seem to have disbanded. The latest I could find on them was an event in 2010, but the website is still from 2009. Anyone have any insight?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
GTMN

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2013 11:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTMNSend a Private Message to GTMNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Where are you at in Iowa? Heartland Fieros out of the Quad cities is still here and covers a good part of southeast and east central Iowa. Our website went away but the Club is still here.
I haven't seen any thing from the Central Iowa group in a year or so, not sure of their status at this time.
Mark
DanFiero

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2013 01:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanFieroSend a Private Message to DanFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Heartland has kind of become Facebook based, but shoot me a P.M. with your email and I'll add you to the list so you can get any updates as to upcoming activities.

Heartland Facebook

Dan
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2013 01:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Most car clubs ive been in generally are short lived. People join but never participate in any activities. You wonder why they join a club in the first place if they never do anything with them. Most im familar with are good for 4-5 years at best and then just stop. I havent joined any in last 5 years because I like being active and apparently no one else does. I do everything as a lone wolf now. I still go occasionally to a local Fiero clubs get togethers simply because I know most of them and I stay in touch.
don297

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2013 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for don297Send a Private Message to don297Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the replies everyone, I hope to attend the next Heartland event!

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2013 08:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When a group becomes facebook based, they should make that known and put a link to it on their website. Id also delete the dates and things that make it look like your site was abandoned.
DanFiero

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2013 04:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanFieroSend a Private Message to DanFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

When a group becomes facebook based, they should make that known and put a link to it on their website. Id also delete the dates and things that make it look like your site was abandoned.

Unfortunately I had/have no control over our website. Most information is usually on our Facebook but I always try and send information to our members via our email list (unfortunately I did drop the ball on that with out last show and thought I had put out a reminder but was informed that I didn't....my bad).

Dan
Heartland Fieros

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2013 04:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Didnt mean to point at Heartland in particular , I went to your show and loved it, always do. I took the time to find out what and when, and I looked for your facebook. Just in general this is a trend all over, facebook gets used and websites people may have been accustomed to using get left behind. People without a facebook page may also get left behind.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock