Started on: 08-17-2013 03:29 PM
Replies: 4 (356 views)
Last post by: Old86 on 08-18-2013 09:57 PM
mrfiero

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2013 03:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have caught the bug again, I guess. While I'm up in Denver picking up and readying my new '88 GT for the drive back to Dallas I bought an '86 GT! It is a 1-owner car that hasn't seen much use in the past 10 years due to a back injury (she just couldn't get into it anymore). After putting in a little gas and charging up the battery it fired right up and settled into a normal idle. It runs & drives fine, but has bad paint and some interior issues (plus worn shocks & sticky brakes). Anyway, back to the topic at hand. I know that the fastbacks came out in April 1986, but does anyone know which VIN was the #1 fastback? The door tag says this one was built in March '86, so it has to be close to the first one.

The last 5 of the VIN are 60880, built in 3/86 (as per the door tag).

Any help would be appreciated......I'm more curious than anything else.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
NoMoreRicers

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2013 04:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NoMoreRicersSend a Private Message to NoMoreRicersEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"They arrived at approximately 240000 sequence number."
mrfiero

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2013 04:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by NoMoreRicers:

"They arrived at approximately 240000 sequence number."

Thanks.....I guess mine isn't near the top after all.
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2013 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The first fastback was made in 1984, but it was a concept shown to management. It had large side scoops on each side, much like some install today. The unveiling and first public offering of the fastback was on January 3, 1986 and was offered with the standard TH125 automatic or the Muncie 4-speed. Not until June did they offer the Getrag 5 speed.
Old86

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2013 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old86Send a Private Message to Old86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My 86 GT was built on 2/17/86. Last 6 of VIN#249638. I have a copy of the original build/shipping invoice.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock