Very cool custom Fiero model kit by robiwon1
Started on: 08-14-2013 09:47 PM
Replies: 24 (2201 views)
Last post by: Chelo Fiero on 06-05-2014 02:36 PM
robiwon1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2013 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for robiwon1Send a Private Message to robiwon1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
One of my hobbies is building models, mainly scifi but I dabble in other areas as well. I saw this posted on the Model Car Magazine forums. It was so cool looking I thought I would share it. So who is going to build a full size replica?

http://www.modelcarsmag.com...topic=75342&hl=fiero
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
SuperchargedV6

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2013 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SuperchargedV6Send a Private Message to SuperchargedV6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks allot like a Datsun Z ?????
donnie072003

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2013 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for donnie072003Click Here to visit donnie072003's HomePageSend a Private Message to donnie072003Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Man has some serious modeling skills!
Fiero84Freak

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2013 11:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero84FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero84FreakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's actually pretty amazing. The modeler is for sure at a very high skill level to put those modifications on the body at that scale. I'd like to see what details went into the drivetrain, as if the body modifications are any indication it hopefully is pretty detailed.
BlackEmrald

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2013 03:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackEmraldSend a Private Message to BlackEmraldEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If we are honest there isn't much Fiero left on that model...
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2013 09:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero84Freak:

I'd like to see what details went into the drivetrain, as if the body modifications are any indication it hopefully is pretty detailed.

You didn't bother to click on the link, did you?

------------------
My World of Wheels Winners (Click on links below)

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT and Super Duty 4 Indy #163

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 08-15-2013).]

TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2013 10:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great Model...very cool!
Corvus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2013 11:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CorvusSend a Private Message to CorvusEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BlackEmrald:

If we are honest there isn't much Fiero left on that model...

I tend to agree with BlackEmrald. While the body, itself, used to be a Fiero, I can't really see much of what was originally there. If you read the guy's commentary it is evident that he doesn't particularly like them and had the goal of making the Fiero not look like a Fiero. Even some of the comments mention that someone would, "...never think that's a Fiero."

Would I still drive it if it was real? Hells yes!... I just don't think he stayed true to the Fiero's form.
Chelo Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2013 11:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chelo FieroClick Here to visit Chelo Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Chelo FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well i hear people saying that`s not munch Fiero left in that model, but to be honest a lot of people here are doing the same with their cars, so don`t worry for a model... it looks great.
ConvictedRedneck

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2013 03:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ConvictedRedneckSend a Private Message to ConvictedRedneckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Chelo Fiero:

well i hear people saying that`s not munch Fiero left in that model, but to be honest a lot of people here are doing the same with their cars, so don`t worry for a model... it looks great.

Quoted for truth!

Let's see...stretched, longitudinal engine, fastback "swap", widebody, flush mount headlights, custom decklid, custom front and rear bumpers...yup, I think they've all been done to real cars! Realistically someone could model (har har har ) a real car after this. The first thing I thought of when I saw it was Bubbajoe's car.
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2013 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think it is kinda cool that Vette, Ferrari, and GT 40 kits were cannibalized for a Fiero model.

The skill it took is quite impressive!
PFF
System Bot
Fiero84Freak

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2013 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero84FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero84FreakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierosound:

You didn't bother to click on the link, did you?

I did. I don't see a lot of engine detail there. There's a whoooollllleeee lot more that could be done to detail that up - hence why I said I hope the 'final' product didn't skimp.
Chelo Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2013 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chelo FieroClick Here to visit Chelo Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Chelo FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, the skill level is great. I'm a builder of model cars since i was like 8 years old. I have a few FIEROS build over Xmods platforms and a few others... I will try to post later a few pics.
Chelo Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2013 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chelo FieroClick Here to visit Chelo Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Chelo FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Chelo Fiero

162 posts
Member since Aug 2008
this one was used in Xmods racing. upsss. problems with pip

[This message has been edited by Chelo Fiero (edited 08-15-2013).]

solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2013 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I liked how the Vette front lower bumper cover was used. Looks great on a Fiero.
robiwon1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2013 05:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for robiwon1Send a Private Message to robiwon1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Being a model builder I know the skill that must have went into this model. The builder may not be a real Fiero fan, but he certainly has an eye for design. Not much left of the Fiero in the finished model but, it was built as a fictional race car. Not much left of a real Fiero, for example, in a Goodwrench IMSA Fiero either.

Just posted for fun because I thought it was cool looking.
BrittB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2014 02:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BrittBSend a Private Message to BrittBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It does look cool and would be awesome in 1:1 scale.
Scottzilla79

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2014 02:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Scottzilla79Send a Private Message to Scottzilla79Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That is awesome. What model do you use to put on the xmod ?
Carcenomy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2014 02:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CarcenomyClick Here to visit Carcenomy's HomePageSend a Private Message to CarcenomyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Neat! Looks almost like my '87
hercimer01

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2014 05:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hercimer01Send a Private Message to hercimer01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie has to see this!
That looks like a car in his shop when he is at work!

------------------
Project Genisis Lo Budget 3800SC swap
13.104 @ 101.45 MPH 3" exhaust, 3.4 pulley, ZZP tune and 18 year old tires.

88 Coupe under construction

Chelo Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2014 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chelo FieroClick Here to visit Chelo Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Chelo FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Scottzilla79:

That is awesome. What model do you use to put on the xmod ?

It is a monogram 1/24 that the Fiero store used to sell a few years back. Now you can see them on ebay from time to time. I also have the gt model on an xmods chassis
PFF
System Bot
rice.1

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2014 11:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rice.1Send a Private Message to rice.1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It is a monogram 1/24 that the Fiero store used to sell a few years back. Now you can see them on ebay from time to time. I also have the gt model on an xmods chassis

That is sweet! What modifications did you have to make to it? I have an old xmods, the Civic. It would be neat to convert.
SCCA FIERO

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2014 02:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SCCA FIEROSend a Private Message to SCCA FIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Has anyone built any of these:

http://www.mamodels.com
They are 1/43 scale, which is pretty small, right?
Scottzilla79

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2014 04:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Scottzilla79Send a Private Message to Scottzilla79Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

How hard would you say it was to do? I have and xmod that I would love to put a different body on. I think the generation of xmod matters right? I have the evo one I think. the Firebird.
Chelo Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2014 02:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chelo FieroClick Here to visit Chelo Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Chelo FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Scottzilla79:

How hard would you say it was to do? I have and xmod that I would love to put a different body on. I think the generation of xmod matters right? I have the evo one I think. the Firebird.

With the monogram models you can use either first or second gen xmods. The most dificult part is to fit between the lenght of the axels depending on the xmod model you will use.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock