Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Anyone here attending the Woodward Dream Cruise this week?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Anyone here attending the Woodward Dream Cruise this week? by lateFormula
Started on: 08-13-2013 02:26 PM
Replies: 9 (218 views)
Last post by: Justinbart on 08-18-2013 09:10 PM
lateFormula

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2013 02:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lateFormulaSend a Private Message to lateFormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll be out on Woodward every night this week (when it is not raining).
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
goatvenom

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2013 02:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for goatvenomSend a Private Message to goatvenomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i want to but im sure my wife will come up with a reason of why not, i wanted to take my fiero down there and show it off, i have become sort of like a proud father after all the work and labor and small mods i have done to this car.

Ryan
Justinbart

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2013 02:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm sure i'll be down there sometime Thursday, Friday or Late Saturday.

------------------
Turbo 3800 E85 F23 5spd spec5
11.17@132.6

lateFormula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2013 04:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lateFormulaSend a Private Message to lateFormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Justin, be forewarned that on Saturday after about 10:00-11:00am the entire stretch of Woodward between 9 Mile and Maple (15 Mile) becomes a parking lot. It will take half hour minimum to cover one mile, it's just bumper to bumper stop and go traffic.
Justinbart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2013 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah I know, I won't be cruising.

------------------
11.17@132.6

lateFormula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2013 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lateFormulaSend a Private Message to lateFormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well I spent some time out on Woodward this week and I was disappointed at how few Fieros were out there. Today (Saturday - actual cruise day) I was out there this morning till a little bit after 10:00 am and I saw only four Fieros aside from my own.
California Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2013 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Cruise itself is a nice way to fry a clutch and get a nice headache from all the exhaust fumes in grid lock traffic. It's better a week or two before or after the actual Cruise, it's just gotten too big without enough traffic control to keep things moving.
lateFormula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2013 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lateFormulaSend a Private Message to lateFormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
One interesting thing I noticed this year...

Apparently on Friday night someone (the police, the county road commission, etc) spread some gravel at every intersection. I never would have thought of this, but it sure is an effective way to prevent people from doing burnouts off the stoplights.
California Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2013 11:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by lateFormula:

Apparently on Friday night someone (the police, the county road commission, etc) spread some gravel at every intersection. I never would have thought of this, but it sure is an effective way to prevent people from doing burnouts off the stoplights.

Putting gravel on the pavement ????!!!!!! That would definitely disturb anyone with a nice car, nothing like taking you pristine car out for a Cruise to get stone damage on it.

The sad thing is that a few people ruined Woodward Cruising for a lot of people many years back. A few not so automotive skilled in driving high performance cars caused some problems (crashes and out of control driving), that ruined it for all of us. Now you can get ticketed just for chipping the tires, plus a lot of other stuff that would normally get passed by.

During the Cruise, you can actually pedal a bike easily and go faster than the cars on Woodward.
Justinbart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2013 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by lateFormula:

I was wondering what was all over the road. After the police rolled out at 11 it was pretty much a free for all.

Just asked some people, they all said it was road flares.

------------------
11.17@132.6

[This message has been edited by Justinbart (edited 08-18-2013).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay