Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  13th annual Auburn Cord Duesenberg Festival Downtown Cruise-In show

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
13th annual Auburn Cord Duesenberg Festival Downtown Cruise-In show by Darth Fiero
Started on: 08-12-2013 03:56 PM
Replies: 21 (476 views)
Last post by: solotwo on 09-03-2013 01:13 PM
Darth Fiero

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 361
Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2013 03:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth FieroClick Here to visit Darth Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

The Auburn Cord Duesenberg Festival

13th AnnualDowntown Cruise-In

Friday August 30th, 2013

Cruise-in cars may arrive at 1:00pm

Sundaes on Friday begins at 5:00pm

Car Admission $10

Free to Spectators!

Who wants to go? If we have a group of Fieros who wants to all park together, we'll need to meet up somewhere (perhaps the Wal-Mart parking lot) beforehand and drive downtown together as a group.

PLEASE POST IN THIS THREAD your intentions if you want to attend as a group and what time you'll be able to meet up. As their website says, they are going to ALLOW show cars to begin arriving around 1pm. By no means do we have to get there this early. But I would like to be downtown no later than 3pm if possible.

-ryan

------------------
OVERKILL IS UNDERRATED

Custom GM OBD1 & OBD2 Tuning | Engine Conversions & more | www.gmtuners.com

[This message has been edited by Darth Fiero (edited 08-13-2013).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
J Gunsett

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2013 06:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for J GunsettClick Here to visit J Gunsett's HomePageSend a Private Message to J GunsettEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will be there, let me know what time you want to meet up.

Jack

------------------
WARNING: Surgeon General said it's okay to smoke 3800s

kendallville

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2013 07:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kendallvilleSend a Private Message to kendallvilleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Ryan: I made it last year , but don't know about this year still don't have tires. Will try to be there and will tell my son.
Kurt
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2013 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm in.
solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2013 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I went many moons ago with Gene Smith and his New Beetle yellow 4.9 GT. Saw some great Fieros. I have the pictures from that show as part of my screen saver. WAIT come to think of it, that's all there was downtown was Fieros. Hmm I guess it wasn't the same show. I guess I better get all my honey doo stuff done and may be the misses will let me go. LOL

[This message has been edited by solotwo (edited 08-12-2013).]

KN16

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2013 12:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KN16Click Here to visit KN16's HomePageSend a Private Message to KN16Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
IIKool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2013 08:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IIKoolSend a Private Message to IIKoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks, KN16. Great pic's, Only had time to go through the first set, but had a great time looking. BTW that is alot of pic's. Thanks again
Darth Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2013 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth FieroClick Here to visit Darth Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by J Gunsett:

I will be there, let me know what time you want to meet up.

Jack

Hey Jack, great to hear you'll be coming! Like I said, I would like to head downtown no later than 3pm if at all possible. But the website said this year that they would start allowing cars in as soon as 1pm. So what time works for you guys to meet up at Wal-mart? Things don't really wind down until dark; so even if we don't get down there till 3, there will still be plenty of time to look at cars. Just let me know what time works for everybody.

Parking is first-come, first-served. So if you don't travel downtown in the "group", you won't get to park next to us. Just FYI.

[This message has been edited by Darth Fiero (edited 08-13-2013).]

J Gunsett

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2013 09:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for J GunsettClick Here to visit J Gunsett's HomePageSend a Private Message to J GunsettEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Joe and I are looking to be there at 2 PM. We are checking with some of the other club members up to see if they are going to tag along or come down later. Will keep you posted.

Jack
R Runner

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2013 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wish I could be there.
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2013 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ha ha ha - Jack, I just noticed the "Surgeon General's Warning " in your sig.

Now, that's funny!

PFF
System Bot
rogergarrison

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2013 04:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I went there a few times myself, once with Fiero Lisa. Nice trip and show. It used to be put on by an old member of the forum. I think his name was Mark or Mike or something. I know someone here thats been a while remembers. One year I took my Ferrari kit and a friend came with us in his real 308 to park beside me to show the differences/ similarities.
Darth Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2013 04:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth FieroClick Here to visit Darth Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just to clarify, this is not an all-Fiero show like the Fieros at Auburn show that Chris Moore used to put on years ago. This is a completely different event with all makes and models (mostly classics) that is put on by the Auburn Cord Duesenberg Festival. This show is part of the event that surrounds the Auburn fall auto auction that big name celebrities attend.

More info on the parent event can be found here: http://acdfestival.org/festival/

Meeting at the Wal-mart parking lot near the I-69 and Hwy 8 interchange at around 2pm sounds good to me.
rogergarrison

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2013 10:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ya, Chris was the one I was thinking of. I didnt know they had another show there too. Sorry bout that.
Darth Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2013 12:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth FieroClick Here to visit Darth Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No worries. Chris's show was cool, but this is MUCH BIGGER. And you'll likely see several million dollar + cars too as there is usually a contingent of Auburns, Cords, and Duesenbergs that attend. Basically, the entire downtown gets blocked off to traffic and everyone parks around the town square and surrounding streets. Go here to look at last year's show pics:

http://www.gmtuners.com/eve..._show2012/index.html
Darth Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2013 03:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth FieroClick Here to visit Darth Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sounds like a number of people want to meet around 2pm at Wal-Mart then drive down as a "group". So I'm making it official - meet at the Auburn Wal-Mart parking lot (outer lot near the Applebee's) between 1:30pm and 2:00pm Friday, August 30th. We will leave at around 2pm to head downtown.
Darth Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2013 05:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth FieroClick Here to visit Darth Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
4 days till bump!
MadMark

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2013 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ryan, are you planning on more than just Friday? Carol and I are planning on coming with both of our Fiero's.
Darth Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2013 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth FieroClick Here to visit Darth Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MadMark:

Ryan, are you planning on more than just Friday? Carol and I are planning on coming with both of our Fiero's.

I, personally, am only planning on attending Friday. I have family coming in from out of town Saturday thru Monday so I'll be visiting with them the rest of the weekend.
Darth Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2013 02:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth FieroClick Here to visit Darth Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For those of you who weren't able to attend, I snapped a few photos and posted them here:

http://www.gmtuners.com/eve..._show2013/index.html

Enjoy!
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2013 07:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The '63 Corvette Grand Sport replica was absolutely AMAZING!
PFF
System Bot
solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2013 01:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice pictures!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock