aftermarket fuel pump suggestions? by LeeR
Started on: 08-11-2013 12:43 PM
Replies: 4 (428 views)
Last post by: LeeR on 08-14-2013 03:32 AM
LeeR

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2013 12:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LeeRSend a Private Message to LeeREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well it's about time I get my butt into gear and start working on my Fiero. I need some input though. I bought a fuel tank from Joe and am going to use an aftermarket externaly mounted fuel pump. I have a stock 2.8 and if I remember correctly, my new pump needs to put out something like 35-45 psi with a flow rate of about 50 gph. My numbers could be way off so please let me know if they are!

I'm curious what fuel pumps you guys are running with a similar set up like mines? Thanks for any help!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
crashyoung

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2013 04:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crashyoungSend a Private Message to crashyoungEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I used to run a Holly pump and pressure regulator on my Nova.
I drove the car street/strip, and I never had a problem with the
system.
For what you need, it should be more than adequate.
The only difficulty might be priming the pump, and the elimination
of the internal pump.
If you can use steel line inside the tank, then you won't need the
special hose that costs $30 a foot.
LeeR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2013 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LeeRSend a Private Message to LeeREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for taking the time to give me that info! I actually need a little more specific info if possible. If some one has specific part # that would be awesome! Or maybe the specs of their fuel pump would work too.
1986 Fiero GT

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2013 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1986 Fiero GTSend a Private Message to 1986 Fiero GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LeeR:

Thanks for taking the time to give me that info! I actually need a little more specific info if possible. If some one has specific part # that would be awesome! Or maybe the specs of their fuel pump would work too.

Bosch 044

LeeR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2013 03:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LeeRSend a Private Message to LeeREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice! I was looling at that one as well as the walbro gsl-392. the 2 are close to the same in performance, but the walbro is half the price. If your car is running already, can you tell me if that pump is loud at all?

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock