Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Water Spots on Glass: Anyone had any luck removing them?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Water Spots on Glass: Anyone had any luck removing them? by 92wastheyear
Started on: 08-10-2013 06:42 PM
Replies: 14 (315 views)
Last post by: jaskispyder on 08-12-2013 07:33 PM
92wastheyear

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2013 06:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 92wastheyearSend a Private Message to 92wastheyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have some water spots on pretty much all of my glass (they are faint but noticable). Has anyone had any luck getting rid of them? I have tried Vinegar. I have even tried toothpaste ....no luck
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
rpro

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2013 07:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, you can remove much of it with oooo super fine steel wool and some polishing compound.
jim94

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2013 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jim94Send a Private Message to jim94Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have used a clay bar on my glass
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2013 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rpro:

Yes, you can remove much of it with oooo super fine steel wool and some polishing compound.

Ironically, I just had to do this earlier today. My wife came back from Nevada where she parked our truck next to a sprinkler. NOTHING would remove the spots from the glass. I had to use Meguirs Fine Cut cleaner to buff them out.
spirit

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2013 08:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for spiritSend a Private Message to spiritEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have been told that Corningware polish works really good. Now try finding the polish, I can't.
DL10

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2013 08:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by spirit:

I have been told that Corningware polish works really good. Now try finding the polish, I can't.

http://www.shopworldkitchen...-conditioner-1048984
deceler8

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2013 09:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for deceler8Send a Private Message to deceler8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got something called "Glass Scrub" a couple years ago at Advance Auto. It's in a squeeze bottle like car wax and it removes pretty much anything, sap, paint overspray, adhesives...it even takes the "yellowing" off old plastic headlight lenses.

Have had the same tube since, so don't know if it's still available.

------------------

Stubby79

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2013 04:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Stubby79Send a Private Message to Stubby79Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Magic Eraser.
TM_Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2013 05:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TM_FieroSend a Private Message to TM_FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The t-top in my Fiero had bad waterspots when I bought it. Tried several things, many already mentioned here without success. The only thing I found that worked was Zaino glass polish.

http://www.zainostore.com/M...ino&Product_Count=16
Freak-Du-Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2013 08:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Freak-Du-FieroSend a Private Message to Freak-Du-FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/...=starcardetailing-21

http://www.mothers.com/02_products/06712.html

???

[This message has been edited by Freak-Du-Fiero (edited 08-12-2013).]

Shill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2013 09:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ShillSend a Private Message to ShillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cut a potato in half and rub it against the glass. Works wonders on glassware in the kitchen also that have mineral stains from the dishwasher. use a bit of vinegar for the large spots or a bit of a lubricant if you find the potato sticking to the glass alot.
PFF
System Bot
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2013 10:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I used some Diamonite, a two step process, a few years ago. Part 1 was a scub, part 2 was a glass cleaner. I don't remember where I bought it.
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2013 04:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bon-Ami or even just vinegar?
92wastheyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2013 04:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 92wastheyearSend a Private Message to 92wastheyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jaskispyder:

Bon-Ami or even just vinegar?

I tried toothpaste and I tried vinegar ...I have avoided powdered cleanser (or SOS pads) because it could scratch the glass

[This message has been edited by 92wastheyear (edited 08-12-2013).]

jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2013 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 92wastheyear:

I tried toothpaste and I tried vinegar ...I have avoided powdered cleanser (or SOS pads) because it could scratch the glass

Bon Ami is not supposed to scratch glass. I used it on my fieros and table tops.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock