Everyone Loves Fieros! by RilesOfSmiles
Started on: 08-10-2013 05:56 PM
Replies: 21 (804 views)
Last post by: Doober on 08-18-2013 10:23 PM
RilesOfSmiles

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2013 05:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RilesOfSmilesSend a Private Message to RilesOfSmilesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You read that right. Everyone! Well okay maybe not everyone but you get the idea. The only people I have found that don't like them are the ones who have never ridden in or driven one. I get all sorts of people who used to have one or know someone that did and they love them. My store manager used to have one in the early 90s and he just came out and sat in mine and flood of memories came back to him. Ever since I bought mine a bunch of people I know want to buy one too.

I see people criticize it on internet forums and automotive reviewers treat it as a joke. But in the real world that isn't the case at all! Oh sure sometimes I come across people who have their "opinions". But I just tell them to get in, sit down, shut up, and hang on. Puts a smile right across their face and then they start asking if I know where they could buy one!

Seriously 99% of the people that hate fieros have probably never even ridden in one.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
sgosser

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2013 06:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sgosserSend a Private Message to sgosserEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I agree. It is funny how many people I notice staring at mine as I go by. ( even the ones sitting in new mustangs and camaros)
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2013 06:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I almost always get good stories from people that want to talk about it. Seems like everyone had one or knew somebody who had one. Very few fire jokes, to which I usually respond 'it's only caught fire twice'
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 259
Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2013 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can't hardly go to a gas station without someone coming up and asking about the car... but the exhaust note of the LS4 might have something to do with that.
sgosser

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2013 12:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sgosserSend a Private Message to sgosserEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I live in a college town and most of the kids do not know what a fiero is. They always look real hard.
crashyoung

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2013 11:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for crashyoungSend a Private Message to crashyoungEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I get two reactions, most are pleasant, but sometimes, I have jerks in pickups that try to kick up stones by driving on the shoulder of the road, I guess they don't like people having nice things.
Dotrenrew

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2013 11:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DotrenrewClick Here to visit Dotrenrew's HomePageSend a Private Message to DotrenrewEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I let my buddy drive mine today. He was very skeptical when I got it. He felt it was a useless, impractical car.

I think he's hooked now that he drove mine.

Bwahahahaha! Another turned to the darkside.

------------------
2002 Audi Allroad. Tip. 100% Natural. (FOR SALE)
2011 VW Golf. (Wife's Wheels)
2002 VW Jetta (FOR SALE)
1984 Pontiac Fiero 4 speed Duke.

solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2013 11:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by crashyoung:

I get two reactions, most are pleasant, but sometimes, I have jerks in pickups that try to kick up stones by driving on the shoulder of the road, I guess they don't like people having nice things.

I noticed that some of the pickup drivers in Lowell are real buttheads. First class turds!
I encountered of the the jerks you mentioned in Lowell. I was pulling in to the strip mall on the west side of town and one of the jerks you where talking about in a black ford pickup was setting waiting to turn out. I put my trans into neutral and revved it up knowing it would set him off. Sure enough he had to floor his truck and speed off. I was just standing there laughing with a thumbs down to him.

[This message has been edited by solotwo (edited 08-11-2013).]

nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2013 12:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by solotwo:

I was pulling in to the strip mall on the west side of town and one of the jerks you where talking about in a black ford pickup was setting waiting to turn out. I put my trans into neutral and revved it up knowing it would set him off. Sure enough he had to floor his truck and speed off. I was just standing there laughing with a thumbs down to him.

So you rev your engine looking like a preteen ricer douche, and he's a jerk for doing some WOT acceleration?

I fail to see the logic

I've only let 2 of my buds drive my Fiero and had maybe 10 passengers in it through the 1.5 years I owned, none were converted into Fiero freaks . Sadly a lot of people my age don't care unless its a new luxury car or exotic . I got attention from slightly older folks with the typical- I used to have one, or a friend of mine had one. Meh.

[This message has been edited by nitroheadz28 (edited 08-12-2013).]

fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2013 09:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RilesOfSmiles:

...I come across people who have their "opinions".
But I just tell them to get in, sit down, shut up, and hang on.
Puts a smile right across their face and then they start asking if I know where they could buy one!

Seriously 99% of the people that hate fieros have probably never even ridden in one.

So true. Take the guy with the "biggest mouth" for a ride, and he'll straighten out the other guys.

Out our way, Sourmug was being hassled by co-workers for driving a Fiero - an old "plastic" car.
That was until a summer hailstorm blew through the company's parking lot 3 years ago.
These guys were in tears seeing their destroyed (written off) BMW, Lexus etc.
The Fiero parked among them didn't even have a chip in the paint! They've been quiet since.

Among the "haters" - WHY does it matter to them so much what I drive?
If he's a Chev guy, I doubt he's on others forums just to knock Mustang owners.

------------------
My World of Wheels Winners (Click on links below)

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT and Super Duty 4 Indy #163

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 08-14-2013).]

crashyoung

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2013 10:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for crashyoungSend a Private Message to crashyoungEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by solotwo:

I noticed that some of the pickup drivers in Lowell are real buttheads. First class turds!
I encountered of the the jerks you mentioned in Lowell. I was pulling in to the strip mall on the west side of town and one of the jerks you where talking about in a black ford pickup was setting waiting to turn out. I put my trans into neutral and revved it up knowing it would set him off. Sure enough he had to floor his truck and speed off. I was just standing there laughing with a thumbs down to him.

Was that the all black truck, or the black with orange trim? Quite a few of the Lowell trucks go mud running, and hang together.

I had a grand am driver camped out in the passing lane on I-96, I went into the right lane, and the other driver had to floor it so I couldn't pass him.
I wasn't trying to pass him, but why do they pull beside other cars in the right lane and match speeds?
PFF
System Bot
jaredmurray88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2013 08:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaredmurray88Send a Private Message to jaredmurray88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well my only advise is if a truck driver along a route is giving you a hard enough time keeping a handful of button cap nails or empty shotgun casings with the plastic cut off would be nice to have. If they try to run you off the road just get ahead and toss them out over the roof. The button caps land nail up most of the time and the shot shells make a hole you can't plug. If they decide to go to the cops what are they going to say "This guy I have been stalking and haraassing for x amount of time fought back"? I have had that happen around here before and solved it that way.
crashyoung

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2013 11:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crashyoungSend a Private Message to crashyoungEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't want to anger someone in a vehicle much larger than mine.
I usually take a quick turn and continue my journey by an alternate route.
It is much better to back off, as Michigan isn't a stand your ground state.
Heartland Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2013 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Heartland FieroSend a Private Message to Heartland FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I love Fieros, girls loved my Fieros, my friends loved the Fiero and so did my coworkers. My mother wasn't wild about it but I can't think of anyone else...

To make a long story a lil longer, the Fiero rocks
weloveour86se

Feedback score:    (115)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2013 11:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was at the front of an intersection in town one day, minding my own business. The light turned green and I drove through and when I got across the intersection there were some dudes in a Eclipse waiting for the left turn light. Well right when I passed them the guy in the drivers seat yelled, "Fu#$ you!". I had never seen the guy or car before in my life. Ever.

WTH?! lol

I love cruising through our summer beach town. I get people yelling, "Fiero!!" all the time. Wait till my new dash cam comes in. Bikinis everywhere!...
cam-a-lot

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2013 08:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jaredmurray88:

Well my only advise is if a truck driver along a route is giving you a hard enough time keeping a handful of button cap nails or empty shotgun casings with the plastic cut off would be nice to have. If they try to run you off the road just get ahead and toss them out over the roof. The button caps land nail up most of the time and the shot shells make a hole you can't plug. If they decide to go to the cops what are they going to say "This guy I have been stalking and haraassing for x amount of time fought back"? I have had that happen around here before and solved it that way.

And what about the tires of the innocent people that are behind the truck? The 73 year old grandmother going to her grand daughter's wedding who will now miss it? The 21 year old kid who lost his left arm in Iraq and will never be able to jack up a car and change his tire?

Would it not be more intelligent to simply pull to the side of the road, let the a-hole in the truck pass, and then continue on your way?

Back on topic.. I am also surprised how many positive comments I get on this car, even from owners of real sports cars like Porsche. I think that people that are "into" cars appreciate the effort that goes into keeping an old car on the road, regardless of make or model.

[This message has been edited by cam-a-lot (edited 08-17-2013).]

robiwon1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2013 09:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for robiwon1Send a Private Message to robiwon1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
In 1987 I drove a friend of a friend home who needed a ride, in my then brand new silver 87 Coupe. She is now my wife. I like to think that car had something to do with it!

I wonder where she is now?

The car, not my wife.....

[This message has been edited by robiwon1 (edited 08-17-2013).]

Francis T

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2013 02:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by robiwon1:

In 1987 I drove a friend of a friend home who needed a ride, in my then brand new silver 87 Coupe. She is now my wife. I like to think that car had something to do with it!

I wonder where she is now?

The car, not my wife.....

You lost car and kept the wife....duh?

------------------
http://i16.photobucket.com/...ancis44/100_1147.jpg
[/URL]
[IMG]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b50/francis4
4/000_0451-1.jpg[/IMG]
trueleo.com
RSpiderII@aol.com

crashyoung

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2013 06:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crashyoungSend a Private Message to crashyoungEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cam-a-lot:

And what about the tires of the innocent people that are behind the truck? The 73 year old grandmother going to her grand daughter's wedding who will now miss it? The 21 year old kid who lost his left arm in Iraq and will never be able to jack up a car and change his tire?

Would it not be more intelligent to simply pull to the side of the road, let the a-hole in the truck pass, and then continue on your way?

Back on topic.. I am also surprised how many positive comments I get on this car, even from owners of real sports cars like Porsche. I think that people that are "into" cars appreciate the effort that goes into keeping an old car on the road, regardless of make or model.

Agreed for the most part, except for pulling over.
I will leave the scene by taking a turn or exit, and if they
start to follow, lead them to the local police department.

I see many faces of the younger crowd looking bewildered
because they don't recognize the Fiero.
The older crowd smile and tell their story of owning or
knowing someone who owned a Fiero.
robiwon1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2013 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for robiwon1Send a Private Message to robiwon1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Francis T:You lost car and kept the wife....duh?

Hopefully sometime next month I'll be getting another one.
A new Fiero, not a wife.......
Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2013 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My neighbor has two Pontiac Solstice and he is forever trying to buy my Fiero.

But yeah, now-a-days more and more people are giving great compliments to Fieros.

[This message has been edited by Wichita (edited 08-17-2013).]

PFF
System Bot
Doober

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2013 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DooberSend a Private Message to DooberEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've seen 5-8 Fieros out here in Tucson... every comment I've gotten has been positive. It's either younger kids that're all "WTF is that?!", or people that recognize it and give some kind of compliment, every once in a while it's been someone that's actually taken a couple minutes to chit-chat about 'em. The day after I brought it home I was out doing a tune up and two separate guys stopped and started talking to me about it, and just cars in general.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock