Started on: 08-03-2013 08:09 PM
Replies: 21 (608 views)
Last post by: MstangsBware on 08-07-2013 02:25 PM
mrfiero

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2013 08:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It has been a very long time since I have owned an '88 GT (about 9 years!) and today that drought has ended. I found one on Craigslist in Denver and it looked promising......it's not perfect, but will make a nice driver and it has almost everything I want in an '88 GT. The only thing I would have preferred is a beechwood interior. It's a bright red hardtop with gold factory wheels, gray leather interior, all power options (including rear de-fog & Performance Sound), 5-sp., spoiler and 94K miles. I love me a good hardtop Fiero!

I bought this car virtually sight unseen from 800 miles away and won't lay eyes on it for almost 2 more weeks, but I think I got a good buy and can't wait to start fixing it up. Here's a picture from the Craigslist ad......the paint is original and pretty faded on top, but it's presentable. I'll post more pictures when I can.....I'm so excited! What better way to celebrate my birthday than buying a Fiero?

I want to thank PFF member (and my friend) "Christine" again for helping me with the transaction. She spent part of her Saturday looking at this car and taking pics of it while we talked over the phone. Plus she's doing all the leg work as far as paying for the car and picking it up for me too......without her help this would not have happened. I live in Texas and will be in Arizona all next week, so the logistics would have been a nightmare and the car would probably have sold before I could get up there.

This makes up for the reneged deal on another hardtop '88 GT earlier this year (still ticked about that one).

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2013 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Congrats on the '88 GT.

I picked up my first '88 last weekend... a 5-spd Formula with a sunroof. (I really like having a sunroof.) With the climate here, I would've preferred a rear window defogger instead of the A/C , but hey... I'm happy.
Tom Slick

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2013 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i agree on the Beechwood interior... love me some Beechwood.

car looks nice, now you can come to the club meetings in a fiero instead of that bugeye car.
that car is cool too...

rpro

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2013 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My side by side swap offer still stands. The only thing we would each have to do is our own headliners.

[This message has been edited by rpro (edited 08-03-2013).]

RossT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2013 11:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RossTClick Here to visit RossT's HomePageSend a Private Message to RossTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice find. Gold wheels with grey leather is awesome. WTH you doing in Texas?

87_FieroGT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2013 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87_FieroGTSend a Private Message to 87_FieroGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks great! Congratulations.

------------------

1987 Pontiac Fiero GT, Silver, 5 Speed - "Ariana"
2 Corinthians 5: 17

Christine

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2013 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChristineSend a Private Message to ChristineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rpro:
My side by side swap offer still stands. The only thing we would each have to do is our own headliners.

I take it you are not in love with the beachwood interior, you never know Mike might consider it.
You would like the car is needs a little love but not too much and making your own is half the fun sometimes.

Mike you are welcome, I am glad to help you get another Fiero. I hope you are still happy when you see it.
mrfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2013 12:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

Congrats on the '88 GT.

I picked up my first '88 last weekend... a 5-spd Formula with a sunroof. (I really like having a sunroof.) With the climate here, I would've preferred a rear window defogger instead of the A/C , but hey... I'm happy.

Your first '88!?! You poor, deprived man! I prefer the hard top because it is a quiet ride and nothing leaks. My first Fiero was a hardtop, so I guess that might have something to do with it too.

Originally posted by Tom Slick:

i agree on the Beechwood interior... love me some Beechwood.

car looks nice, now you can come to the club meetings in a fiero instead of that bugeye car.
that car is cool too...

Beechwood is awesome, but I can live with the gray for now. The factory leather seats were a bonus (not in bad shape either!). I love my Bugeye and it is a ball to drive, but showing up to a Fiero function in it is no fun......this will fix that! Unfortunately, I don't know when I will be able to bring it down to Texas. I have 3 cars down here already and just have no place to put it (along with my 1970 Datsun Roadster). I need to buy some acreage and build a big garage.

Originally posted by rpro:

Robert....you'll be the first person I call if/when I decide to do a gray to beechwood swap.

Originally posted by RossT:

Nice find. Gold wheels with grey leather is awesome. WTH you doing in Texas?

Ha! I wonder why you would say that?? Mine is identical to yours, sans the T-Tops. How is yours treating you? Have you driven it to death yet?

I moved to the Dallas area about 5 months ago for a new job and it is working out very well for me so far. I miss Colorado, but could not pass up the opportunity.

Originally posted by: 87_FieroGT:

Looks great! Congratulations.

Thanks! It actually looks better in the picture than it really is......the clearcoat is burned on the spoiler and roof, but I think I can clean it up enough to be presentable (although I may need to repaint the spoiler).

Originally posted by Christine:

I take it you are not in love with the beachwood interior, you never know Mike might consider it.
You would like the car is needs a little love but not too much and making your own is half the fun sometimes.

Mike you are welcome, I am glad to help you get another Fiero. I hope you are still happy when you see it.

I've talked to Robert about this before......he prefers the gray. If I had enough really nice gray parts I would have traded for the beechwood stuff last year. I may consider swapping in a beechwood interior, but I would need to find nice set of factory leather seats and those are difficult to come by.

Anyway.....I can't say thanks enough, so thanks again for all your help.

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2013 09:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice ride!

Congrats, Mike!
FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2013 11:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congrats! Looks like a nice car.

------------------

88 Coupe: 2.0L Turbo 4 Cylinder, W2A, T25 Turbo.
84 Indy #64: Restoration Project, Super Duty 4 swap

ChuckLS1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2013 04:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChuckLS1Send a Private Message to ChuckLS1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think I saw your old car in Greensboro North Carolina at Cars and Coffee a couple of
months ago.

------------------
Chuck
88 Formula W/fastback
2000 Grand Prix GTP

PFF
System Bot
mrfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2013 04:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ChuckLS1:

I think I saw your old car in Greensboro North Carolina at Cars and Coffee a couple of
months ago.

Are we talking about the purple Northstar convertible (now silver)? I can't believe it's been almost 7 years since I sold that one.
mrfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2013 04:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

mrfiero

8996 posts
Member since Mar 99

Originally posted by Raydar:

Nice ride!

Congrats, Mike!

Thanks Raydar......I can't wait to see it in person.

Originally posted by FieroMaster88:

Congrats! Looks like a nice car.

Thanks!
kooljess

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2013 12:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kooljessSend a Private Message to kooljessEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congrats on your new acquisition.

------------------

blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2013 10:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
good news.... Yaris, Sprite, Fiero... we will take Mike V any way that we can...

------------------
<---- did you buy Cliff a beer?
......................................................www.northtexasfieroclub.org

Christine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2013 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChristineSend a Private Message to ChristineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blakeinspace:

good news.... Yaris, Sprite, Fiero... we will take Mike V any way that we can...

I am not sure this statement reads the way you intended, or does it?
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2013 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congratulations!

That's pretty much the twin to my first 88GT

Except mine had beechwood, (which I removed and sold).

sold the gold wheels too.
mrfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2013 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

Congratulations!

That's pretty much the twin to my first 88GT

Thanks....I wish mine looked as nice as yours in that pic!

Except mine had beechwood, (which I removed and sold).

sold the gold wheels too.

Sacrilege!!

Christine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2013 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChristineSend a Private Message to ChristineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The GT is in the driveway and ready for Mike to pick up when he gets in town.

5 cars in 4 spaces.
mrfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2013 12:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for posting the pics you took......I was going to do it yesterday, but I'm in Flagstaff working and just hadn't found the time. I can't wait to start tinkering with it......first on the list is a new taillight!
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2013 06:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Coming from Blake it does...
PFF
System Bot
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2013 02:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Coming from Blake it does...

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock