Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Heartland Fieros 10th (yep I said 10th!!) Annual Car Show August 10th

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Heartland Fieros 10th (yep I said 10th!!) Annual Car Show August 10th by DanFiero
Started on: 07-31-2013 12:00 AM
Replies: 38 (1099 views)
Last post by: DanFiero on 08-16-2013 01:15 AM
DanFiero

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2013 12:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanFieroSend a Private Message to DanFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey everyone,

Time to start getting revved up for this years Heartland Fieros 10th Annual show in Davenport on August 10th!!!

I have some preliminary info which I'm listing below and may be subject to change:

Host Hotel:
Quality Inn & Suites
6605 N. Brady Street, Davenport, IA 52806
Phone: (563) 386-8336
E-mail: QualityInnDavSales@gmail.com
Heartland Fiero Group Rate: $74.99 plus tax
Map of Hotel

Itinerary of Events:
Friday:
Dinner Cruise
Meet at Host Hotel Lobby 6pm
Dinner at Hickory Gardens 7pm
3311 Hickory Grove Rd, Davenport, IA 52806

Saturday:
Car Show in the Village of East Davenport
Car Show 12pm - 4pm
Awards Presentation at 3:30pm
Map to the car show site

Saturday Evening:
Cookout at Fred and Annettes 6pm until ?????

Camping Available at Fred and Annette's Friday and Saturday Night

So plan a good time with some great people and join us for some great cars and good food.

Any questions please let me know through a P.M.

Dan Moffatt
Heartland Fieros

Join us on Facebook

[This message has been edited by DanFiero (edited 08-04-2013).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2013 09:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We'll be there

Heres a few pics from past years:

BBQ at Fred's afterwards

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

Corvus

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2013 11:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CorvusSend a Private Message to CorvusEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Holy crap, this is a thing?!
I just moved to the area and am within walking distance of the show!
mrfred8

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2013 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Now this is the kind of Fiero Freeze I can get into to. Much better then the Fiero Freeze last weekend camping out in Minnesota.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2013 12:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Corvus:

Holy crap, this is a thing?!
I just moved to the area and am within walking distance of the show!

Good deal! Bring your car!

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 07-31-2013).]

Corvus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2013 12:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CorvusSend a Private Message to CorvusEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Good deal! Bring your car!

Haha. My car is in no shape that anyone would want to look at it. I'll definitely attend the show to get some inspiration as I fix up mine, though!
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2013 12:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Haha. My car is in no shape that anyone would want to look at it. I'll definitely attend the show to get some inspiration as I fix up mine, though!

Bring the car, I bet everyone would want to check it out. Its a Fiero, its worth looking at.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2013 01:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There have actually been a few that came the last 3 years I've been there that are projects, also daily drivers. The more the merrier.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 07-31-2013).]

Corvus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2013 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CorvusSend a Private Message to CorvusEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

There have actually been a few that came the last 3 years I've been there that are projects, also daily drivers. The more the merrier.

Fair enough. We'll see if mine can make it the short drive without breaking down.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2013 02:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ther'll be alot of help nearby
DanFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2013 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanFieroSend a Private Message to DanFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fair enough. We'll see if mine can make it the short drive without breaking down.

Well if it does, there will be enough Fiero Gurus nearby just give us a holler and we'll see what we can do to help out. But as others have said we appreciate all Fieros no matter what condition. All are welcome!!

Also shoot me a P.M. with your email address and I'll add you to our club list so you can get updates on upcoming activities.

Dan

[This message has been edited by DanFiero (edited 07-31-2013).]

PFF
System Bot
pegasus1848

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2013 01:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pegasus1848Send a Private Message to pegasus1848Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There are at least 3 and possibly 5 coming from Dubuque.
All are project cars and all are in varying degrees of completeness.
Come one come all . . . the more cars (and friends) the better.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2013 08:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Maybe there will be a widebody fastback concept car???
h.d.fire

Feedback score:    (28)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2013 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for h.d.fireSend a Private Message to h.d.fireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Regrettably I'll be getting cats out of trees that day (on-duty at the Fire House), but wishing everyone else
a safe and fun day!
Wish I could be there for the grand unveiling! hehehe....
JamesCurtis

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 64
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2013 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JamesCurtisSend a Private Message to JamesCurtisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Don't think I'll be able to make it unfortunately. I don't think I trust my car to drive 8 hours just yet .
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2013 11:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If anyone is planning on getting in town early or is local, myself, zmcdonal and I think 2.5 and his wife are planning on meeting at 1:30 at the hotel and heading over to Antique Archeology. It is the shop from American Pickers and is just 15 mins from the hotel. Depending on how long that takes, maybe a little cruise up the river as well before heading back to the hotel.

http://antiquearchaeology.com/
DanFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2013 08:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanFieroSend a Private Message to DanFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mrfred8:

If anyone is planning on getting in town early or is local, myself, zmcdonal and I think 2.5 and his wife are planning on meeting at 1:30 at the hotel and heading over to Antique Archeology. It is the shop from American Pickers and is just 15 mins from the hotel. Depending on how long that takes, maybe a little cruise up the river as well before heading back to the hotel.

If you do, it's kinda hard to find, it's behind the convenience store in the alley. We drove around for 15 minutes before we realized where it was...and then they weren't open.

Map of the place
Dan

[This message has been edited by DanFiero (edited 08-04-2013).]

mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2013 06:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DanFiero:

If you do, it's kinda hard to find, it's behind the convenience store in the alley. We drove around for 15 minutes before we realized where it was...and then they weren't open.

Map of the place
Dan

Thanks for the tip Dan.

DanFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2013 01:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanFieroSend a Private Message to DanFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bumppity bump and bump
and now a picture of a dancing hotdog

Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2013 06:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I went to the one in Nashville and wasn't impressed. Sure there were old things for sale but it's mostly just a trinket and t-shirt shop.
Corvus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2013 07:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CorvusSend a Private Message to CorvusEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gokart Mozart:

I went to the one in Nashville and wasn't impressed. Sure there were old things for sale but it's mostly just a trinket and t-shirt shop.

Be warned: the one here is the same way. It is kinda cool to see a couple of things that they bought on the show. The vast majority of the things they buy on the show, though, they do so with a buyer already in mind. Your chances of seeing Danielle are also really slim.
PFF
System Bot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2013 08:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Be warned: the one here is the same way. It is kinda cool to see a couple of things that they bought on the show. The vast majority of the things they buy on the show, though, they do so with a buyer already in mind. Your chances of seeing Danielle are also really slim.

Yeah figured as much. I'm going just to see the shop, cause I like the show, and its pretty close to the host hotel for the carshow
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2013 08:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yeah figured as much. I'm going just to see the shop, cause I like the show, and its pretty close to the host hotel for the carshow

I was just going to post the same thing

If nothing else get a photo in front of the Hudson Hornet out front. Anyone know how the pool is at the host hotel? Last year I camped, this year am staying at the hotel.

carbon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2013 08:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gokart Mozart:

You mean it was staged/scripted for TV!?

Say it ain't so! Oh, the mortifying disillusionment!

DL10

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2013 09:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Danielle has her own store about 1 or 2 blocks from the Pickers shop, you probialy won't see her there either. Just like someone else said, it's mostly a t shirt and trinket shop.
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2013 09:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2013 11:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

mrfred8

1719 posts
Member since Oct 2011

Originally posted by DL10:

Danielle has her own store about 1 or 2 blocks from the Pickers shop, you probialy won't see her there either. Just like someone else said, it's mostly a t shirt and trinket shop.

Yeah, she also opened a store in Chicago, and is often spotted out at nightspots around the city.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2013 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...050119-1-044892.html

Ooooo! Another convertible with the same conversion as the one at the Tyler Shipman Memorial Carshow. Nice

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 08-06-2013).]

DanFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2013 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanFieroSend a Private Message to DanFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Show is this Saturday!!!!!

DanFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2013 10:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanFieroSend a Private Message to DanFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Heartland Show is tomorrow!!!

Hope to see everyone there!!

Dan
Christine

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2013 11:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChristineSend a Private Message to ChristineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How was the show?
PFF
System Bot
1984whitesc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2013 11:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1984whitescClick Here to visit 1984whitesc's HomePageSend a Private Message to 1984whitescEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can't believe it has been 5 years since I have been to that show. I wish I could make it this year.

------------------

1984 White Fiero Sport Coupe (Juliet) in restoration
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/089093.html
1988 Red Fiero Standard Coupe (Bella) in restoration
1990 Black Buick Reatta (Noir)
2002 White Chevy Impala base(Haylie)

[This message has been edited by 1984whitesc (edited 08-11-2013).]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2013 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Christine:

How was the show?

Sweet! Some new faces attending, some I remembered. I cant believe I got to see yet another rare Fiero. The concept fastback widebody. It is as it was when picked up. Still has dust on it. Guess what with electric assisted power steering and brakes. We also found out the cassete player works....there was a mix tape under the seat. Steely Dan

Some of the show cars

The concept car...

caught Fred smiling

This is Fred's new car's previous color...

pics of other historic cars

Back at Freds for the BBQ

The widebodies together

The campfire that night and a few attendees

Lots of fun

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 08-12-2013).]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2013 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

43225 posts
Member since May 2007
More pics of the fastback widebody

mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2013 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2013 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

mrfred8

1719 posts
Member since Oct 2011

Originally posted by 1984whitesc:

I can't believe it has been 5 years since I have been to that show. I wish I could make it this year.

Next year you can drive Juliet down.

Christine

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2013 12:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ChristineSend a Private Message to ChristineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice! Thanks for the pics, looks like it was a good show.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2013 08:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A few of us also drove about 13 miles over to where the American Pickers show is based Saw some items fom the show and my wife bought a T shirt.

DanFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2013 01:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanFieroSend a Private Message to DanFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I sent my daughter around to take a picture of each car at the show///hopefully she got everybody.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock