Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  1986 Fiero SD4 IMSA concept to be Auctioned Aug 1-3. (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
1986 Fiero SD4 IMSA concept to be Auctioned Aug 1-3. by TRiAD
Started on: 07-30-2013 12:09 PM
Replies: 102 (4006 views)
Last post by: SuperchargedV6 on 08-24-2014 12:54 PM
TRiAD

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2013 05:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TRiADSend a Private Message to TRiADEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Let's hope it went to a good home.

If it's on this site somewhere, PM me, one day I will be looking for her.

IP: Logged

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2013 05:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mrfred8:

Hope he can get the car home by next weekend

SWEET!!!
SuperchargedV6

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2013 05:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SuperchargedV6Send a Private Message to SuperchargedV6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TRiAD:
Wow, I had never heard of that.
Does anyone have a pic of those tags?

Here yah go. Rick B

California Kid

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2013 05:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's a pretty damning tag !!!!
SuperchargedV6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2013 05:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SuperchargedV6Send a Private Message to SuperchargedV6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by h.d.fire:

So it went to good home.

Is there any other home for a Fiero like this that we know of Rick B
SuperchargedV6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2013 05:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SuperchargedV6Send a Private Message to SuperchargedV6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

SuperchargedV6

1966 posts
Member since Jan 2006

Originally posted by California Kid:

That's a pretty damning tag !!!!

Exactly and I told the truth about this car but got negatives for doing that. Yes I know the history on this car and know who bought it but promised to keep quiet until the owner comes forward. Rick B
mrfred8

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2013 05:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cant wait to hear the real history on this one.
SuperchargedV6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2013 06:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SuperchargedV6Send a Private Message to SuperchargedV6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A tiny hint and I have discussed allot of this in the past. Rick B

hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2013 06:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mrfiero:

Damn! $3200!? I really should have signed up to bid on this car......the sum of the parts is worth much more than what it sold for.

That is what I have been saying.

The history here is not staggering but the car has a lot of good items in it but they are of little interest outside the Fiero community.

I really did not expect it to be more than $5K.

I expect it will be in pretty good shape and fairly easy to get back running.

I know It will be s preserved and shown vs. just sitting in a basement somewhere since someone could not keep a secret! LOL!

[This message has been edited by hyperv6 (edited 08-01-2013).]

RAREW66

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2013 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RAREW66Click Here to visit RAREW66's HomePageSend a Private Message to RAREW66Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by h.d.fire:

So it went to good home.

Of course Mike, it is going to a good home. Maybe I will let you drive it too.
SuperchargedV6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2013 06:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SuperchargedV6Send a Private Message to SuperchargedV6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
LOL and no I didn't buy it. My kids watched the auction with me and yelled at me cause they said we could have bough it for that much I will say that it was started up and they drove it which I personally did not like to here. I think it should have been prepped super well 1st. Also with that tag it honestly is only good for a few people who will respect it and keep it for future Fiero people to enjoy and drool over. I talked with John and Bob over it and been stocking the coals on their memories. Bob has been super with me on his history and I have even gotten into his part of history on building all the Chevy Mirage Monza's besides the Iroc Z Camaro bodies and IRL cars. I am trying to get it all out of him for a small book or Disc book so the info is not lost. He goes to Michigan once a year to meet up with friend and is even going to pull out a bunch of Fiero watches he used to give to people he build wide bodies for. I think I am going to drag the car up one time and drink a few beers with him and his buddies or past GM and race buddies he meets with. He is super hot on finding this old race car that was disqualified before they could compete. It was a Super Duty 4 also and whooped everything on the track. Maybe AKraiser can let me post a shot of this car when it was done????? It was a beauty. He was doing a story so I didn't want to spoil that picture. Rick B

PFF
System Bot
1988holleyformula

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2013 06:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SuperchargedV6:

Exactly and I told the truth about this car but got negatives for doing that.

Not that one would have came from me, but I can see how the "I know something you don't know" tone your posts had could have rubbed a few members the wrong way. I feel like that was where a lot of BV's neg's came back when he was exposing Whodeanie.

Anyways... Can't wait to see what the new owner has in store for this piece of Fiero history.

[This message has been edited by 1988holleyformula (edited 08-01-2013).]

SuperchargedV6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2013 06:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SuperchargedV6Send a Private Message to SuperchargedV6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RAREW66:

Well the cats out of the bag Congrats Fred. Watch Fred out of excitement out bid himself Rick B

RAREW66

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2013 07:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RAREW66Click Here to visit RAREW66's HomePageSend a Private Message to RAREW66Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am so glad this is all over with. The anxiety has been killing me. When the hammer fell at the $3,200.00 price, I was shaking so bad, I had to wait a minute to sign my name on the buyer agreement. The price definately makes up for the purchase price of the other Fieros I have bought.

The car is going home in style on a Reliable Truck. I just happened to know some of the guys from the playing at the GM Heritage Center Days. They are going to try and get it to Iowa for the August 10th Heartland Fiero Show.

The car itself is filthy dirty like it has not been cleaned since it was donated in 1988 to the Peterson Museum. It runs, the brakes are not stuck, the e-brake works, the electro-hydraulic brakes work, and the electro-hydraulic power steering works. The Super Duty is any early cast block that was later upgraded from a cast iron head to an aluminum head. Custom fabriacted header with no cat and stock exhaust. It has electronic throttle body fuel injection on it. The throttle bosy appears to be a dual injector unit like the ones used on the 5.0L Cross Fire Injection. There are several pre-production parts on the car as far as the interior and trim go. 6,902 miles on the odometer. The cars condition represents the mileage very well.

Naturally, I am not home, so I do not have the picture documentation with me as to the history of the car. So, I will have to post later when I get home.

Fred
SuperchargedV6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2013 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SuperchargedV6Send a Private Message to SuperchargedV6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fred, do you mind if I post the picture I put together for you showing the two cars while they wait for you to get home? I can hold out,,, I think :0 let me know. Rick

[This message has been edited by SuperchargedV6 (edited 08-01-2013).]

TRiAD

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2013 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TRiADSend a Private Message to TRiADEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1988holleyformula:

...I can see how the "I know something you don't know" tone your posts had could have rubbed a few members the wrong way....

That's really unfortunate.
Rick is a wealth of historical info on these cars and we would do well to listen when he shares.
Don Kraus

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2013 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Don KrausSend a Private Message to Don KrausEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Way to go Fred,it couldn't have gone to a better home or a better guy.You are the FIERO "Guy".
Don

------------------
IMSA 34
60' - 1.555
1/4 mi - 10.519
mph - 130.29

TOO FAR
60' - 1.491
1/4 mi - 11.323
mph - 116.4

SuperchargedV6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2013 07:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SuperchargedV6Send a Private Message to SuperchargedV6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Don Kraus:

Way to go Fred,it couldn't have gone to a better home or a better guy.You are the FIERO "Guy".
Don

Fred, they can always come for a sleep over I have plenty of room for them.

mmeyer86gt/gtp

Feedback score:    (161)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2013 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I love it when they guy cusses at the end of the video. like wow that went cheap.
h.d.fire

Feedback score:    (28)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2013 07:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for h.d.fireSend a Private Message to h.d.fireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

OH GREAT ! And that would be yet ANOTHER life long memorable experience I'll never be able to say "thank you" enough for !!!

LOL!

Seriously Fred, congratulations on the purchase. You are truely the Ambassador to our hobby.

hyperv6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2013 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fred I suspected your silence here was a indication of what you were up too.

I figured it would go cheap and would be a good buy. The car while not high profile is a show case of many parts from the era.

Congrats
PFF
System Bot
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2013 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can't tell you how happy I am that this went to someone who respects the Fiero and will not scrap it after yanking the motor to sell to me
Christine

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2013 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChristineSend a Private Message to ChristineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hey! What about me! I want to drive it

I am so glad you got the car and at a fantastic price, it was destiny and you were meant to have it in my opinion. It could not have a better home. I cannot make it to the Heartland show on the 10th to see it if it arrives in time but I will be there in sprit.
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2013 12:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Way to go.. Had I known it would have went that cheap i maybe would have played Congrants on the purchase,

Also is the fuel injection system on the engine a bosh? Neil stated thats what was on the SD4 that came in my car.

------------------

Better to be judged by twelve than carried by six.
(84 IMSA) garage queen
(13 Veloster) daily grinder
(06 solstice) my vert Fiero
(00 jeep wrangler) fun in the mud.
The forums Youngest CDL driver

[This message has been edited by pontiackid86 (edited 08-02-2013).]

mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2013 06:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cant wait to hear the real history on this one.
RWDPLZ

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2013 07:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All right Fred! Is that 5 former GM Fieros now?

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2013 08:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I am so glad this is all over with. The anxiety has been killing me. When the hammer fell at the $3,200.00 price, I was shaking so bad, I had to wait a minute to sign my name on the buyer agreement. The price definately makes up for the purchase price of the other Fieros I have bought.

The car is going home in style on a Reliable Truck. I just happened to know some of the guys from the playing at the GM Heritage Center Days. They are going to try and get it to Iowa for the August 10th Heartland Fiero Show.

The car itself is filthy dirty like it has not been cleaned since it was donated in 1988 to the Peterson Museum. It runs, the brakes are not stuck, the e-brake works, the electro-hydraulic brakes work, and the electro-hydraulic power steering works. The Super Duty is any early cast block that was later upgraded from a cast iron head to an aluminum head. Custom fabriacted header with no cat and stock exhaust. It has electronic throttle body fuel injection on it. The throttle bosy appears to be a dual injector unit like the ones used on the 5.0L Cross Fire Injection. There are several pre-production parts on the car as far as the interior and trim go. 6,902 miles on the odometer. The cars condition represents the mileage very well.

Naturally, I am not home, so I do not have the picture documentation with me as to the history of the car. So, I will have to post later when I get home.

Fred

So cool!

CONGRATS!

Great deal!
revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2013 09:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fred,
Congrats! Very nice IMSA!! I agree with PK, If I knew it would have gone for a song... but bidding against ya would put it out of grasp for me. lol

When will your musuem open? And can I be the guy who sits up front and take the tickets?

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2013 10:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by revin:

When will your musuem open? And can I be the guy who sits up front and take the tickets?

Meee too?
Hardpact

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2013 04:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HardpactSend a Private Message to HardpactEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Glad to see you got this Fred !! Was thinking of snagin' it but I'm saving up for the four seater concept ... When I find it I'm going to buy it !!

------------------

BLUE BY YOU!
NYFOC

Boxdin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2013 05:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoxdinSend a Private Message to BoxdinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow Fred your stars were lined up for this. Your Fiero karma is the highest it gets. I am still confounded now little respect these wonderful cars get. When I drive mine these days I do get more heads turning than a few yrs ago, but Fieros are sure under appreciated.
PFF
System Bot
h.d.fire

Feedback score:    (28)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2013 05:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for h.d.fireSend a Private Message to h.d.fireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boxdin:

Wow Fred your stars were lined up for this. Your Fiero karma is the highest it gets. I am still confounded now little respect these wonderful cars get. When I drive mine these days I do get more heads turning than a few yrs ago, but Fieros are sure under appreciated.

hyperv6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2013 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This was not luck or Karma. Fred does a lot of work and research and persistence in tracking down cars and waiting for when the time is right. He worked for most of these cars and did not come by them easy.

Oh and a lot of money too in some cases! LOL!
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2014 02:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

came across this thread while looking for something else, and figured it need an exclamation point on the end.

batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2014 03:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
MAN!!! wish I had seen this before the sale

it'd a cost me more to get it home with Plane ticket, hotel and Truck/trailer rental than it sold for!!! wow!! GREAT BUY!!!
SuperchargedV6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2014 05:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SuperchargedV6Send a Private Message to SuperchargedV6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fred needs to buy mine now as it is Stage 1 & is now Stage II . His car is Stage three from the cover of Car and Driver then changed to stage 4 which it is now. They are a pair for sure Rick B

[This message has been edited by SuperchargedV6 (edited 08-11-2014).]

Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2014 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got to drive this piece of history...... just two words...... F´N Awsome!!!!!!!

------------------

My Build Thread
Tylers Toy

RWDPLZ

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2014 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So jealous of the people who get to drive these historic Fieros
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2014 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I hope to see this one soon.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2014 09:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tshark:

I hope to see this one soon.

Coming to the Heartland Iowa show? It'll be there.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock