First Date Disaster by rbell2915
Started on: 07-29-2013 08:17 PM
Replies: 33 (857 views)
Last post by: Rik on 08-01-2013 12:48 PM
rbell2915

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2013 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rbell2915Send a Private Message to rbell2915Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So I took my new girlfriend out on a date just now. We've hung out before, but this time was different. As we were heading home, I start to smell coolant and notice vapor coming out of the hood, and I'm pretty freaked out. So I get up to the light to turn left and get off the road and typically, it turns red. Some guy yelled over to me that I was leaking coolant and I'm freaking out even more. The light turns green and I hurry to turn left and I pull off the road and quickly turn the car off and open the hood and decklid to check everything out. There was a lot of leaks on the bottom of the car. And I ended up stepping in a puddle of mud, it was all over my shoe. So I called my dad and he comes over and someone in a pickup truck asked if I needed a phone, which was very nice of him. So he went on his way and my dad came to check things out and I drove his Firebird home and he drove my Fiero home. He said it was overheating into the red a lot and he had to shut the engine off and coast very often in order for it to cool off. So we arrive home and I take her home in my mom's Grand Caravan. At least I got a kiss. So yeah, it was pretty embarrassing and she didn't mind. I just had to rant about this. Probably the most frustrating day of my life.

Thanks for reading my rant.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
VikingRedBaron

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2013 08:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VikingRedBaronSend a Private Message to VikingRedBaronEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congratulations on getting a kiss at least.

You will get the car fixed and I am sure the girl will not run away, as you handled the situation and got her home safe.

Grand Caravan to the rescue !!!
rbell2915

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2013 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rbell2915Send a Private Message to rbell2915Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by VikingRedBaron:

Congratulations on getting a kiss at least.

You will get the car fixed and I am sure the girl will not run away, as you handled the situation and got her home safe.

Grand Caravan to the rescue !!!

Thank you!
Yeah, I've known her for a year now. She wouldn't run away lol and yeah, the Grand Caravan seems to be the most trusty of all the cars we own.

Hopefully, we'll get her back up and running just in time for the Indian Uprising here in IL.
BlackThunderGT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2013 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
First dates in a Fiero can go that way. November will be nineteen years ago I took my wife on our first date in a 84 SE. This Fiero had caught fire just a few days before our date so to say I was a little concerned about how our date was going to end up was an understatement. The date went great, obviously we are still enjoying Fieros together 19 years later. Oh instead of that kiss... I gave her a hug and a small bag of Heresy's kisses... works everytime!
rbell2915

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2013 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rbell2915Send a Private Message to rbell2915Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
She adores my car, so I doubt there was any love lost XD it's a black 86 GT. Knocking on wood, I need a fire extinguisher soon. I'm really thankful the engine didn't end up blowing. That would've been horrible. Well, I would finally get a 3800SC put in at least... j/k, I'm just happy my car is all right. I need her
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post07-29-2013 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You will learn. Take the van every once in a while.
mmeyer86gt/gtp

Feedback score:    (161)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2013 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My first date was in my fiero in 1996 and i got pulled over tuned out her dads friend was the cop and of course i had the only fiero in town. He did the full process. Out of the car hands on the hood cuffed me and then asked the date if she wanted to go home with me or in the cop car. Not a good first date.
skuzzbomer

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2013 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:

You will learn. Take the van every once in a while.

More room in the back... it is convenient, really.
bmac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2013 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bmacSend a Private Message to bmacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If the most frustrating day of your life ended with the Fiero parked at your house and a kiss from a beautiful girl then life is good.

Brian
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2013 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bmac:

If the most frustrating day of your life ended with the Fiero parked at your house and a kiss from a beautiful girl then life is good.

Brian

Oh to be young again when this is a bad day...
rbell2915

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2013 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rbell2915Send a Private Message to rbell2915Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bmac:

Brian

I haven't lived too many days yet. I'm 16. So I do suppose you're right. She did find everything to be pretty funny, which is good.

PFF
System Bot
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2013 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Next time turn on the ac when it starts to overheat, it kicks in the fan
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2013 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just wait until the car turns you into a mechanic. Then you can diagnose and fix it if something happens. Some ladies like a handy man!

Plus you always score extra points when you fix something on their car.
fastblack

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2013 11:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fastblackSend a Private Message to fastblackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by doublec4:

Just wait until the car turns you into a mechanic. Then you can diagnose and fix it if something happens. Some ladies like a handy man!

Plus you always score extra points when you fix something on their car.

^^This

Can't tell you how may girls I "saved" from their stupid boyfriends in high school. It really pisses the guys off when their girl gives you a big hug in front of them and tells you how they wish THEIR boyfriend could have done that
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2013 12:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jetsnvettes2000:

Next time turn on the ac when it starts to overheat, it kicks in the fan

slide the lever all the way to HOT...that dissipates some of the heat, albeit inside the car. I wish they had a lever that would dump the hot air overboard.
Steel

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2013 04:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SteelSend a Private Message to SteelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Time for a motor swap!

aaronkoch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2013 05:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for aaronkochSend a Private Message to aaronkochEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Back when I was dating, I found that the fiero was a very effective girlfriend filter. If the date at the time would complain about everything and freak out when the car acted up, it was a good indication that I didn't want to date her. When the car would freak out and the girl would laugh/roll with it, then there was serious hope.

Some of the worst date disasters can turn in to the best stories that you end up telling your kids.

------------------

Build thread for my 88 + 3800NA swap

92wastheyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2013 05:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 92wastheyearSend a Private Message to 92wastheyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rbell2915:
At least I got a kiss.

For what it is worth ....it is difficult to get much more than a kiss in a Fiero anyway...at least without seriously injuring yourself

[This message has been edited by 92wastheyear (edited 07-30-2013).]

Rik

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2013 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RikSend a Private Message to RikEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not that I'd try it now, but when I was a bit younger, I recall there being plenty of room for extra curricular activites...<devilish grin!>
92wastheyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2013 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 92wastheyearSend a Private Message to 92wastheyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rik:

Not that I'd try it now, but when I was a bit younger, I recall there being plenty of room for extra curricular activites...<devilish grin!>

Did you have T-Tops?

rbell2915

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2013 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rbell2915Send a Private Message to rbell2915Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fastblack:

^^This

Can't tell you how may girls I "saved" from their stupid boyfriends in high school. It really pisses the guys off when their girl gives you a big hug in front of them and tells you how they wish THEIR boyfriend could have done that

Preserved for the future lol

Originally posted by aaronkoch:

Back when I was dating, I found that the fiero was a very effective girlfriend filter. If the date at the time would complain about everything and freak out when the car acted up, it was a good indication that I didn't want to date her. When the car would freak out and the girl would laugh/roll with it, then there was serious hope.

Some of the worst date disasters can turn in to the best stories that you end up telling your kids.

I like that, that's very true!

Originally posted by Rik:

Originally posted by 92wastheyear:

Did you have T-Tops?

I have a sunroof, and it does appear to be a little tight for that kind of stuff. My parents were pretty happy it only had two seats because of that lol
PFF
System Bot
skuzzbomer

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2013 06:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I have a sunroof, and it does appear to be a little tight for that kind of stuff. My parents were pretty happy it only had two seats because of that lol

You've got a fastback, correct ?

I've done some stuff on the back of an 85GT... notchies rule
rbell2915

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2013 06:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rbell2915Send a Private Message to rbell2915Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by skuzzbomer:

You've got a fastback, correct ?

I've done some stuff on the back of an 85GT... notchies rule

Yeah, I've got a fastback. Fastbacks are cool, notchies are cute

I think I'd be more afraid of scratching the paint. There's always the hood though
92wastheyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2013 06:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 92wastheyearSend a Private Message to 92wastheyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Haha...Car sex has become progressively more difficult as the years have gone by. The lucky bastards in the 50's basically had a twin bed for a back seat!

rbell2915

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2013 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rbell2915Send a Private Message to rbell2915Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My father and I just fixed the problem. Whatever we used to connect two hoses, ended up completely disintegrating thus causing the leak. So we drove over to Home Depot and got some brass to connect the hoses. We ran around the block and checked for leaks and there were none. now we'll be able to go to the Indian Uprising!
Boostdreamer

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2013 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Girls are always jealous of each other. I hope you appologized to your Fiero when she got out. Poor little car.

------------------
Jonathan

'68-69 GTO Nose - The Project has Begun!
My '85 L67 Build Thread

rbell2915

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2013 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rbell2915Send a Private Message to rbell2915Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was telling her that my car is always really jealous and attention needing. And as luck would have it, I was right and I was left stranded on the side of the road. Hopefully, that'll be the last time for a very long time. I told both girls I was sorry LOL
92wastheyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2013 11:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 92wastheyearSend a Private Message to 92wastheyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I was telling her that my car is always really jealous and attention needing. And as luck would have it, I was right and I was left stranded on the side of the road. Hopefully, that'll be the last time for a very long time. I told both girls I was sorry LOL

If you have ever watched movie Christine (or read the book) , you would know that the car might actually be jealous....and deadly.

hmmmm.....Maybe that is only Mopars

Phirewire

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2013 11:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhirewireSend a Private Message to PhirewireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pretty sure christine is my 86 SE, I had no problems till I sold her, 2 months later the new owner randomly lost control and smashed a median at 55mph. I bought her back (I actually sold her because of a girl) I fixxed her within first month. it was in 2 accidents, and ate a wheel bearing, and snapped a lugnut.

Cars are sensitive.
rbell2915

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2013 11:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rbell2915Send a Private Message to rbell2915Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

If you have ever watched movie Christine (or read the book) , you would know that the car might actually be jealous....and deadly.

She must've tried killing herself then by the way she was acting. Luckily, I was there to rescue her. I hadn't driven her in a week because I was on vacation, so that must've been part of it. I told my girlfriend that my car is in working order again and she was happy about that. I plan on taking her to the Indian Uprising car show also
92wastheyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2013 12:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 92wastheyearSend a Private Message to 92wastheyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Phirewire:

Pretty sure christine is my 86 SE, I had no problems till I sold her, 2 months later the new owner randomly lost control and smashed a median at 55mph. I bought her back (I actually sold her because of a girl) I fixxed her within first month. it was in 2 accidents, and ate a wheel bearing, and snapped a lugnut.

Cars are sensitive.

When I was a kid my folks owned 63 Buick Wildcat Convertible. That car was seriously cursed ....they were in 4 different accidents (of varying severity) in that car. The one I remember the most vividly (I was about 5 or 6) was when my mom was driving toward the top of a hill...started to make a left hand turn ...when a kid on motorcycle came over the top of the hill from the other direction doing about 70mph and hit us broadside. He flew over the car into someone's yard broke his leg but that was all (was wearing a helmet which was rare in those days). When my aunt who was riding with us went to open the passenger door (the side the bike hit), instead of opening, the door just fell off onto the road.

After that, my dad decided: Screw it! And went out and traded the (repaired) Buick for a 69 GTO....never wrecked that car...haha

looked something like this one

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

[This message has been edited by 92wastheyear (edited 07-31-2013).]

PFF
System Bot
rbell2915

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2013 01:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rbell2915Send a Private Message to rbell2915Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My grandfather had a 1968 GTO. He ended up trading it in for a stationwagon because he was starting a family. He still regrets it.
Jim_Martin29

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2013 05:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim_Martin29Send a Private Message to Jim_Martin29Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Over the years (there are a lot of them) I've learned to listen to the car when I work on it. It helps me to avoid missing potential problems. If I'm having problems getting a part on or off the car, a real problem like the car is fighting me (which it is), I stop and look at what I'm doing and usually see I've missed or forgotten something.

For example, recently one of the CV boot clamps broke off. The boot is still in good shape but some of the CV grease was being flung everywhere and was leaving a small pile of used grease under the car. I got a new clamp and went to put it on, a seemingly easy task since I was not changing the boot and did not need to disassemble anything. However, she fought me every step of the way. Every little step was a pain. The clamp kept moving and jumping off as if the boot and clamp were magnets of opposite poles.

I was so frustrated that I rolled out from under the car and tossed my creeper across the garage, almost hit my motorcycle with it. I calmed my self down and decided to give it one last try. The same thing happened, however the little voice in the back of my head got a little louder and this time I listened.

I said to the car, "Okay, you win. Even though there is still plenty of grease in the joint I will go ahead and clean it out and replace the grease. I hope you're happy."

After that the job went really smoothly. The car was right and is very happy now. And so am I because I get to drive it again with peace of mind (for now).

The same kind of thing has happened with every car and motorcycle I've owned. I'm convinced that some objects have a spirit and try to communicate with you. (And don't try to convince me it is just my subconscious trying to warn me that I'm screwing up. I've had that discussion with myself many times, lol.)

------------------
Jim Martin
White '86 GT
Monterey, California

Rik

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2013 12:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RikSend a Private Message to RikEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Did you have T-Tops?

Just a very flexible girlfriend...passenger seat all the way forward, then reclined as far back as it could go...I'll leave the rest to your imagination...<g!>...

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock