Valve stem seals by jon m
Started on: 07-29-2013 11:55 AM
Replies: 4 (383 views)
Last post by: Gall757 on 07-30-2013 04:08 PM
jon m

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2013 11:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jon mSend a Private Message to jon mEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi - I was checking my spark plugs the other day and I noticed that on 2 spark plugs there was a little amount of oil on them.
Maybe this was due to the engine not been started for a while - anyway just to make sure I am going to do a compression test when I get home and see what the results are.
hopefully they will be o.k - however does anyone know where I can get of valve stem seals from - in the event that mine are worn and just need changing out and hopefully it isnt the piston rings?

all input welcomed

jon
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2013 01:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Those seals are easy to find, but I would worry about the valve cover gasket first.
jon m

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2013 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jon mSend a Private Message to jon mEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thanks gall - i will check the gaskets but they were new when i fitted them a while back - that being said you never know - the 2 spark plugs in question are next to each other on the trunk side.

jon
jon m

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2013 11:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jon mSend a Private Message to jon mEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump - to see where I can source the seals
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2013 04:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock