Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  The Stumpkin Fiero Fact Sheet Poster! Crowd-sourced fact checking...

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
The Stumpkin Fiero Fact Sheet Poster! Crowd-sourced fact checking... by Synthesis
Started on: 07-29-2013 09:36 AM
Replies: 15 (536 views)
Last post by: fierojp on 07-31-2013 08:50 PM
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2013 09:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
One of our PFF members, Stumpkin, has given me a project that he has been working on for quite a while.
I figured the best way to complete this is to crowd-source the information through the forum as we have some very knowledgeable people here.

Ray's goal for this project is to have this fact sheet printed up in poster form and offered for sale. He expressly mentioned that he'd like to have several of them available to donate to the Tyler Shipman Memorial Show raffle/gift events as well.
My goals coincide with Ray's, and I'd also like to add that a percentage of sales should be donated to a cause such as cancer research.

Google Docs has made some minor format changes to the document, and what you see is not what the finished product will look like. Images and some text will not look normal in Google Docs.

Please review the data, and if you have any input such as additional facts that could and should be added or any corrections, please comment.

The document can be found here.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2013 01:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am so glad Ray could make it up to the show this weekend as well. This fact sheet has loads of great scoop and I know it is a project near and dear to his heart.

Dr. W.
stumpkin

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2013 12:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for stumpkinSend a Private Message to stumpkinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yup, my goal was to make a fun inexpensive poster of Fiero data. I compiled the information on a simple spread sheet. My next step was to get some Fiero folks to proof read it so corrections could be made to move it from a draft to a finished ready to print file. Then I got sick & my life turned into medical treatments & appointments. It's really a cool little poster. I printed a few rough drafts out on paper to start proof reading. I took one and put it in one of those $10.00 poster frames by cutting the frame to size with a utility knife. It looks good. With the data proof read and printed on nice paper it will look great and cost a little. We Fiero owners like cost a little!

So if you want something done you ask a busy man. Enter Synthesis! Yup, this guy get's more done in a year then I could do in three! So with your help proof reading it, it can become a reality soon to be hanging in a garage near you.

Side note: To all who stopped by our home Thursday & Friday on the way to the 4th Annual Tyler Car show - thank you it was my pleasure to be your host (& Barb hostess). Hope you all had a great time & made it home safely.

------------------
1986 Red s/e 2m6 5-sp, & 2006 Red Solstice 5-sp
Live Strong - I Am Phil 4:13

IIKool

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2013 08:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IIKoolSend a Private Message to IIKoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are you guys going to be selling these?
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2013 09:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IIKool:

Are you guys going to be selling these?

They will be offered for sale. Again, I'd like to donate a percentage of all proceeds to a cause of some kind.

Cancer research seems like a very good cause.
carbon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2013 09:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by stumpkin:

Side note: To all who stopped by our home Thursday & Friday on the way to the 4th Annual Tyler Car show - thank you it was my pleasure to be your host (& Barb hostess). Hope you all had a great time & made it home safely.

Your place is phenomenal Ray! Thanks to you and Barb for having us, we were only there for a short time, but it was a good time! I'm glad you made it up for the show!
onesexyfiero

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2013 12:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for onesexyfieroSend a Private Message to onesexyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Curious if there's a good source for the number of 88 GT's produced. I've always heard its 6,849.
mmeyer86gt/gtp

Feedback score:    (161)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2013 04:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Some things wrong

1. Red was not offered in 87 as a color
2. Black lower accents were from 84-88 because the lower accents on the 84-85 coups were all black and the same color as on the SE's and the 87-88 coupes had it too.
3. 86 coupe rims and sport coupe rims never came in a 14"x5.5" it was 13x5.5

[This message has been edited by mmeyer86gt/gtp (edited 07-30-2013).]

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2013 05:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mmeyer86gt/gtp:

Some things wrong

1. Red was not offered in 87 as a color
2. Black lower accents were from 84-88 because the lower accents on the 84-85 coups were all black and the same color as on the SE's and the 87-88 coupes had it too.
3. 86 and 87 coupe rims and sport coupe rims never came in a 14"x5.5" it was 13x5.5

Thanks for the info.

#3... 86 and 87 had the typical "5 spoke" finned wheels in 14" but did not come with a 13" wheel as an option... The 13" was the turbo fin aluminum or the steel wheel with beauty rings and central cap in the 84-85. I thought the 14" became standard in 85... Didn't it?
mmeyer86gt/gtp

Feedback score:    (161)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2013 05:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
no you could have had the 13" turbo fin or chroms steellies till 86. the 14" became stanard on coupes in 87
stumpkin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2013 05:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stumpkinSend a Private Message to stumpkinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It might be a good idea to quote your resource as some resources may be wrong. Example Wikipedia compared to an official GM publication. I'd bet on the GM publication as being more accurate then the other. Proof reading is Important as I'm a bit dyslexic & if you have ever watched me type then for sure you would understand why a good proof read is needed.

What is cool about this little data poster project is if the Fiero community wants this it will be completed by them (all of you). If it is only a good idea in my mind the it will go the way of the dinosaur.

------------------
1986 Red s/e 2m6 5-sp, & 2006 Red Solstice 5-sp
Live Strong - I Am Phil 4:13

PFF
System Bot
Fierfly

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2013 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierflySend a Private Message to FierflyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What's an "Engeener" ? line 32
TONY_C

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2013 11:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TONY_CSend a Private Message to TONY_CEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wasn't silver available in late 1984 also? I remember when I ordered my red 84 in April, I got a call from the dealer letting me know black was now available and they wanted to know if I wanted to change the color. The dealer also told me that Silver was going to be available before the model year end. Not sure if that turned out to be true or not.
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2013 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Synthesis:

They will be offered for sale. Again, I'd like to donate a percentage of all proceeds to a cause of some kind.

Cancer research seems like a very good cause.

@Chris: That is an awesome idea! Where are the remaining funds going after that? another cause, Ray?

@Ray & Barb: Thank you so much for your hospitality! I am looking to sell my home now, as I decided to move into that awesome basement of yours! I mean, who else has an 8 person hot tub in the bathroom! LOL!

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2013 02:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cross reference NIFE's enthusiast guide, lots of great details in there.
fierojp

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2013 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierojpClick Here to visit fierojp's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierojpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"front tread" is listed near the upper right when it was meant to be "rear tread".

A more proper way to say it would be "front track" and "rear track"

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock