Dad's New One of a Kind 85' GT by mitchjl22
Started on: 07-28-2013 07:24 PM
Replies: 27 (1008 views)
Last post by: pontiackid86 on 01-22-2014 03:24 AM
mitchjl22

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2013 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mitchjl22Send a Private Message to mitchjl22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My father just bought this 85' GT from its original owner who bought it with 15 miles for $20,000 in 1985. The dealer added all the extras like the custom paint and wheels, as well as wood grain overlay and seats. Previous owner just had the front rack replaced, but it was the rear wheel bearings that caused the squirrely steering. Its pretty cool, and I've never seen anything like it on the forum. (Dealer optioned)

I think he paid $3,800 - 59,000 miles

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
skuzzbomer

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2013 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not digging the fake wood but the rest of the car is pretty sweet... love the wheels.

Also, what's with the red button in the defrost position?
bw03

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2013 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bw03Send a Private Message to bw03Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by skuzzbomer:

Also, what's with the red button in the defrost position?

Looks light a light for the alarm system.
fierogtlt1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2013 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks great Mitch.
solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2013 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like it!
mitchjl22

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2013 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mitchjl22Send a Private Message to mitchjl22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah the woodgrain is going. He's trying to decide if he is going to try and remove it with a hair dryer. I think he should just find new panels.
FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2013 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks pretty cool. Will look better without the wood trim.

------------------

88 Coupe: 2.0L Turbo 4 Cylinder, W2A, T25 Turbo.
84 Indy #64: Restoration Project, Super Duty 4 swap

Khw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2013 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by solotwo:

I like it!

X2
Slow6

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2013 11:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Slow6Send a Private Message to Slow6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well that's certainly different. To each their own.
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2013 08:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mitchjl22:

Yeah the woodgrain is going. He's trying to decide if he is going to try and remove it with a hair dryer. I think he should just find new panels.

I don't know how easy it would be to remove the overlays with a hair dryer. The speedo/tach plate and radio surround plates can be found around. The shift console may be available but be harder to find.

The car does have a nice paint job.
What about Bob

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2013 09:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for What about BobSend a Private Message to What about BobEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd recommend getting replacement panels and remove the wood grained ones intact. Some people (not me,, I've got carbon fiber) like them and would buy them. Just my two cents worth.
PFF
System Bot
css9450

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2013 09:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you're going to leave the paint, leave the woodgrain panels too. They're all very 80s - the paint AND the wood.
mitchjl22

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2014 01:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mitchjl22Send a Private Message to mitchjl22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The car has been named Jewel, I think the paint scheme matches the name. Mr. Mikes Red and dark gray leatherette are on the list. So far we got Jewel some new shoes, They are VSR wheels, and Dunlop tires.

Next will be adjustable rear coil-overs (300lb springs on new KYB struts) and lowering 1" ball joints for the front.

IIKool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2014 07:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IIKoolSend a Private Message to IIKoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Car looks alright but didn't see a engine compartment. No engine? $20,000 in 85 seems like a lot of money
mitchjl22

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2014 02:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mitchjl22Send a Private Message to mitchjl22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IIKool:

Car looks alright but didn't see a engine compartment. No engine? $20,000 in 85 seems like a lot of money

You're right. It was a lot of money. The sticker is in a big book with all original documentation. The engine compartment looks just like any other 2.8 auto Fiero.
Indyellowgt

Feedback score:    (35)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 70
Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2014 07:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IndyellowgtSend a Private Message to IndyellowgtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I really like the modern updated wheels. Those are sharp. And I love those seats! Cool! Looks like a very clean straight Fiero. Hard to find nowadays!!
Enjoy!
Csjag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2014 08:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice car!! I know its probably because I'm an old fart, but I just do not like the black wheels with the 2" sidewall tires that are being put on cars.
Sigler85GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2014 11:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Sigler85GTSend a Private Message to Sigler85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am loving that paint scheme. Maybe my 87 will see something like this one day. Saved all your pictures, one will be my new wallpaper on my tablet
Luke

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2014 11:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LukeClick Here to visit Luke's HomePageSend a Private Message to LukeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I second selling the woodgrain, someone will want it as it looks decently done.

What did you do with the other rims? They were quite nice. (these are too)

I do like the car, looks well kept.
mitchjl22

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2014 04:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mitchjl22Send a Private Message to mitchjl22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Superlite 15" rims and tires are for sale. They are in Long Beach, CA. My dad is selling them, so I'm unsure of the price.
mitchjl22

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2014 04:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mitchjl22Send a Private Message to mitchjl22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

mitchjl22

1144 posts
Member since Sep 2011

Originally posted by Csjag:

Nice car!! I know its probably because I'm an old fart, but I just do not like the black wheels with the 2" sidewall tires that are being put on cars.

They completely changed the way the car drives in a positive way. It almost feels like it has power steering now, and they are a lot smoother.
PFF
System Bot
mitchjl22

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2014 01:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mitchjl22Send a Private Message to mitchjl22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Sigler85GT:

I am loving that paint scheme. Maybe my 87 will see something like this one day. Saved all your pictures, one will be my new wallpaper on my tablet

Thanks, my dad's fiance is lucky to have such a wonderful fiero... she knows it too! Glad you like it.
mwzephyr

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2014 01:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mwzephyrSend a Private Message to mwzephyrEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like the woodgrain trim... It is part of the original look of the car ~to remove it removes part of what makes it special. Granted it doesn't look like a 2014 muscle car, but then thats not what the ride was about. Just my nickle vote.
~Zep
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2014 02:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll trade you panels. I'm looking for a woodgrain set for my mera.

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2014 08:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I dig the paintjob too
WickedFieroGTP

Feedback score:    (44)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2014 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WickedFieroGTPSend a Private Message to WickedFieroGTPEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just my 2 cents but I would leave it all original and show it. It's a throwback with tons of character especially since it was a dealer option package.
mitchjl22

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2014 12:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mitchjl22Send a Private Message to mitchjl22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, I'm trying to get her to keep the woodgrain I was originally in favor of carbon fiber, but it is so cool that it was a dealer thing.

@pontiackid86 What panels do you have? Are they dot matrix or aluminum looking.. or something else?

@2.5 Thanks

@WickedFieroGTP I agree, I think the modern wheels are nice, and we're lowering it with coilovers and balljoints, just to update it a little. I think we're also going to recreate the seats (wearing a little), but just have them made by Mr. Mike. I told my dad to have the red centers made from perforated red. It would keep the originals seats in nice shape in storage.

Maybe something like this
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2014 03:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mitchjl22:

Yeah, I'm trying to get her to keep the woodgrain I was originally in favor of carbon fiber, but it is so cool that it was a dealer thing.

@pontiackid86 What panels do you have? Are they dot matrix or aluminum looking.. or something else?

@2.5 Thanks

@WickedFieroGTP I agree, I think the modern wheels are nice, and we're lowering it with coilovers and balljoints, just to update it a little. I think we're also going to recreate the seats (wearing a little), but just have them made by Mr. Mike. I told my dad to have the red centers made from perforated red. It would keep the originals seats in nice shape in storage.

Maybe something like this

their aluminum, they would be out of my IMSA because it has the auto bezel's

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock