Started on: 07-24-2013 01:10 AM
Replies: 42 (1501 views)
Last post by: Raydar on 07-29-2013 06:41 AM
CowsPatoot

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2013 01:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CowsPatootClick Here to visit CowsPatoot's HomePageSend a Private Message to CowsPatootEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As I come down the road to my house this evening, something was wrong. It took me a second....but....something is missing. Wait....where the F#$% is my trailer? When I turn into the driveway, my headlights illuminate this:

So...how did it get from the driveway next to the house to the bottom of the hill? Turns out...my landlord is having her brother-in-law paint the house. He decided it needed to be moved to give him access. But wait....the tongue was locked...how did he move it?

So...I checked out the situation.

Notice the proximity to the parts cars. How the hell am I going to get my truck in there to pull it out? I am able to lift the tongue by hand...but with my health issues, that is the limit. I can only do it if I stand between the rails with one hand on each, and do a proper squat lifting with my legs....I can NOT move the trailer while I have it lifted. I need to use this trailer tomorrow afternoon. Now...as I look at it, something else doesn't look right. Upon close inspection:

That wasn't like that before.

Notice the roughly 18" long trench behind the jack. Looks obvious to me. He decided to move the trailer....so he picked up the tongue and used the downhill slope to move the trailer. To stop it, he dropped the tongue and let the jack act as a brake, bending the jack in the process.

I tend to be a very passive person. I usually take things in stride, and deal with the problem rather than getting caught up in who's fault it is. In other words....when I am dealt a crappy hand, I will simply fold and wait for the next hand rather than throwing my cards and demanding a new dealer. This time, I ask your advice.....how should I proceed?

In case you think this is not Fiero related, I need the trailer tomorrow so I can pick up a Fiero.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
mrfred8

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2013 01:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very Pissed!
skuzzbomer

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2013 01:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wouldn't be pleased...
dematrix86gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2013 01:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dematrix86gtSend a Private Message to dematrix86gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
$89.00 new bulldog jack. $60.00 bucks to cut old one out and weld a new one in. Alot cheaper than a confrontation which could lead to a fight and involve police and lawyers. lesson learned and dont hire him again. i know its beside the point or the principal , just sometimes Ppl do stupid Chit!
BTW nice little hidden fiero bunch you have there

[This message has been edited by dematrix86gt (edited 07-24-2013).]

Khw

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2013 01:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dematrix86gt:

$89.00 new bulldog jack. $60.00 bucks to cut old one out and weld a new one in. Alot cheaper than a confrontation which could lead to a fight and involve police and lawyers. lesson learned and dont hire him again. i know its beside the point or the principal , just sometimes Ppl do stupid Chit!

Umm...

Turns out...my landlord is having her brother-in-law paint the house.

HE didn't hire the guy. The Landlord hired him.

I'd be really pissed. I don't know what you can do or if it would be worth trying to do anything. But I'd still be really pissed.
BlackEmrald

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2013 01:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackEmraldSend a Private Message to BlackEmraldEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Does the jack still operate? If so, I wouldn't worry about it. If not, grab a hammer and bang it back out.
mitchjl22

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2013 01:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mitchjl22Send a Private Message to mitchjl22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not happy.
fierogtlt1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2013 01:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Either the landlord should take the amount of the repair out of your next months rent or you should take it out of the brother-in-laws ass.
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2013 02:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
First cool off a bit, I would be totally Pi$$ed off as well, but that will get you no where, as a Landlord ALWAYS has the upper hand. Yes, even if you win a battle in court, see if you get your lease renewed or your deposit back. After cooling off, I would then approach the landlord nicely, and show him the photo's that you posted here. Ask nicely that he replace the lock, and fix the jack on the trailer.

That trailer can't safely be used like that, as with that bend, the weight of a car could cause it to bend further, if it were not attached to the hitch the entire time that is.... think of the Southwest Jet in the news yesterday and today.

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 07-24-2013).]

CowsPatoot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2013 02:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CowsPatootClick Here to visit CowsPatoot's HomePageSend a Private Message to CowsPatootEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

$89.00 new bulldog jack. $60.00 bucks to cut old one out and weld a new one in. Alot cheaper than a confrontation which could lead to a fight and involve police and lawyers. lesson learned and dont hire him again.

Fortunately, this is actually cheaper than you noted....this would be a comparable replacement to what is on the trailer: http://www.etrailer.com/Tra...es/PS1400600303.html ...$40 shipped, and it is a bolt-on jack like the current one. I would probably spend the extra $6 and get a foot: http://www.etrailer.com/Acc...es/PS1400700340.html

Although I am pissed about the jack, I think the fact that I can't get to it with the truck is the worst part. I can't move this myself...and it has to be done tomorrow...while all my friends are at work.

Originally posted by BlackEmrald:
Does the jack still operate? If so, I wouldn't worry about it. If not, grab a hammer and bang it back out.

I don't know...I decided that it was best not to touch it tonight. If it doesn't retract, then I am going to have to remove it before my trip tomorrow.

As Khw noticed, I didn't hire him. I have requested contact info for him from the landlord through text message (not going to call her at midnight). I also gave a brief description of the situation. We will see what I wake up to. If he comes back tomorrow morning to do more work, there WILL be a confrontation....but at least he will be here to help me re-position it. As I mentioned, I tend to be quite passive...so I am not real concerned about this escalating to violence.
mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2013 02:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CowsPatoot:
As I mentioned, I tend to be quite passive...so I am not real concerned about this escalating to violence.

Angry Mob! Where's my angry mob?! Haha.
PFF
System Bot
CowsPatoot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2013 02:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CowsPatootClick Here to visit CowsPatoot's HomePageSend a Private Message to CowsPatootEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OK, guys....thanks for letting me vent...and for confirming that I am justified in being pissed. As I said in the first post, I tend to deal with the problem rather than getting caught up in who's fault it is.

The jack issue...I will order a new one tomorrow. Regardless of who is ultimately paying for it...it needs to be replaced. For the trip tomorrow...the jack will be removed if necessary, and certainly not trusted with any weight. There should be no reason to remove the trailer from the truck until I get home. I will worry about who is paying tomorrow after I hear from the landlord and/or her brother-in-law.

For getting the trailer to a usable position....if he shows up, he will be forced to help me. If he doesn't, whiteandnerdy27 has volunteered to stop by and help.

Problems solved....worst that is to come is a potential argument over $40...and as a couple of you have mentioned, that isn't worth losing sleep over.
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post07-24-2013 03:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Throw some weight on the back of the trailer. Spin it around. Tie the dog to the tongue for added rotational torque. Do not use bent stand like noted earlier with precious Fiero on it. Pull out with truck.

Your relationship with your landlord should dictate the mention of obvious carelessness. Since landlord brought family into this, and should you choose to seek damages, talk with landlord, not family.
CowsPatoot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2013 03:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CowsPatootClick Here to visit CowsPatoot's HomePageSend a Private Message to CowsPatootEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:

Throw some weight on the back of the trailer. Spin it around..

Sometimes, the most obvious solutions are the most elusive.
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2013 09:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Why not get a jack with a wheel? It would make it much easier to move around in the future. As for the landlord, did he notify you that they would be painting and ask that things be moved away from the house? If he didn't, I think I might let him know what happened and see what concessions he volunteers. Pushing demands on him could create long-term tenancy problems.
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2013 09:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I would at a minimum notify the landlord that he needs to pay for the new jack as his designee caused the damage.
no2pencil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2013 10:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sign up your landlord for some questionable mailing lists, & land him on the no-fly list. It's subtle, but maybe it'll help you sleep at night.
jaredmurray88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2013 10:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaredmurray88Send a Private Message to jaredmurray88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well working at a surplus everything store... about $150 bucks of pissed just to fix the trailer. Let alone just the idea of moving YOUR property
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2013 11:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Since the jack is screwed, just pull the trailer straight out with your truck.

http://www.shoprvparts.com/...s-25-total-lift.html
Marine Jack, Bolt-Thru Swivel Mount, Corrosion Resistant, 1,000 Lbs, 25" Total Lift
$77.32

[This message has been edited by Gokart Mozart (edited 07-24-2013).]

CowsPatoot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2013 12:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CowsPatootClick Here to visit CowsPatoot's HomePageSend a Private Message to CowsPatootEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by no2pencil:

Sign up your landlord for some questionable mailing lists, & land him on the no-fly list. It's subtle, but maybe it'll help you sleep at night.

LOL....I like the way you think. But perhaps I am just a bit naive here...what mailing lists will get her on the no-fly list? I know how to get her on the spam lists for fake rolexes, Canadian drugs, and videos that show you how to get laid. While those can be quite annoying, they won't land you on a no-fly list.

Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post07-24-2013 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CowsPatoot:

LOL.... I know how to get her on the spam lists for fake rolexes, Canadian drugs, and videos that show you how to get laid. ...

So, you are the one that did this to me!
PFF
System Bot
rpro

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2013 01:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yea verily that sucketh.
h.d.fire

Feedback score:    (28)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2013 04:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for h.d.fireSend a Private Message to h.d.fireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jaredmurray88:

Well working at a surplus everything store... about $150 bucks of pissed just to fix the trailer. Let alone just the idea of moving YOUR property

Unless you were notified (I think by mail is required, but at least in person) that the trailer needed to be moved, the painting
contractor had NO rite to move your property! He is responsible for the damaged jack.
Sorry to hear about a bad situation happening to a good guy.
solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2013 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierogtlt1:

Either the landlord should take the amount of the repair out of your next months rent or you should take it out of the brother-in-laws ass.

I would contact the landlord and show her the damage.

[This message has been edited by solotwo (edited 07-26-2013).]

batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2013 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
boy am i glad my first assumption was wrong.......
I went back to the pictures at "....used the downhill slope"
i seen this boo boo (in red) and percieved crooked wheel, as the stopping mechinazim used by said contractor

soooo much better for you in my wrongness wheeew

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 07-24-2013).]

Kento

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2013 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KentoSend a Private Message to KentoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by batousai666:

boy am i glad my first assumption was wrong.......
I went back to the pictures at "....used the downhill slope"
i seen this boo boo (in red) and percieved crooked wheel, as the stopping mechinazim used by said contractor

soooo much better for you in my wrongness wheeew

NOpe, I think that body mod was alrady there Or at least it was after the last time i left after parking the van in that area

Greg, Yeah, your right have a safe trip and cya when you get back.

------------------

88 Formula CJB Arrived Finally. #689 of 1252
Time to start Working TONY!
There are Two kinds of Fiero's : Notchies and Donors!
Click here for My 88 t-Top Build

n7vrz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2013 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for n7vrzSend a Private Message to n7vrzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

...what mailing lists will get her on the no-fly list?

Al Qaeda Magazine
Al Jazeera America (email address required so get it)
Sign the landlord up for the magazine Azan. It is a Taliban publication.
I'm sure there is more that can be done but I'll leave the rest of the internet scouring to you. Enjoy!

CowsPatoot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2013 03:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CowsPatootClick Here to visit CowsPatoot's HomePageSend a Private Message to CowsPatootEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So....an update on my glorious day...

First...whiteandnerdy27 showed up and helped me rotate the trailer so I could hook the truck to it. Wasn't an issue with two of us. Then, I dropped it onto the hitch of the truck, hooked up the safety chains, hooked up the wires, and started to pull out. I get about three feet and I hear and feel a nasty clunk. I knew what it was right away....some moron forgot to retract the jack. It dragged it a little ways, then it caught a tree root. If you thought it was f#$%ed up before, you should see it now. Even bent the plate that it is attached to this time. And I have nobody to blame but myself. At this point...is it even fair to complain about it to the painter or landlord?

Then....the painter calls. First thing he does is apologize for moving the trailer without getting permission. Started explaining how he only planned to rotate it and move it a couple feet when the hill took over. I admit it...I rolled over and told him not to worry about it. I also tried not to laugh as I imagined him running along in front of it trying to stop it before sacrificing the jack to save it from crushing him between it and the parts car. Seriously...I am glad he didn't get hurt...could have been really disastrous had he tripped along the way.

Then...I take the trailer down to Charlotte to pick up Trinten's 86 GT...I am dropping it off to get some work done on my way up to Michigan to get my convertible. Last light before his house, I come to a stop...and a truck comes to a stop behind me. Light turns green, and before I can hit the gas, I hear and feel another nasty THUNK. WTF!?!?! I look in my mirror, and see that the trunk behind me has practically driven up onto the back of the trailer. I got out with my MagLite in hand (you know the routine...it is to look for damage, but works as a weapon if it came to that). I found no damage...absolutely nothing...not even a scratch. Checked out the back of the trailer...the tongue...the hitch...no sign of damage to any of it (for the record, all lights on the trailer worked before and after the hit). The guy didn't want to call the police even though his bumper didn't fair nearly as well as my trailer...and at that point I really didn't care why (still don't), I was already running late. I continued on my way and picked up the car. Hopefully, this will be the extent of my problems on this trip.

Case closed...I am done with it. When I get back, I will pull the current jack off (it did still retract...but I can no longer lay my tailgate down in front of it), bang the mounting plate flat again, and install the new jack. I refuse to argue with anyone about it any more.

For the record....revenge such as getting someone on the no-fly list is fun to think about...but I will not waste my time pursuing it (especially considering that with the security clearance I had in the military, it would look REALLY bad if I got caught looking into that kind of stuff).

[This message has been edited by CowsPatoot (edited 07-25-2013).]

Sage

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2013 08:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hats off to you sir. Rare to find a reasonable, sane, levelheaded, down to earth, fair minded, not out to sue somebody, common sense kinda guy these days. You made the right call, at least in my mind and I'm guessing in yours.

Had a similar thing happen to my trailer, only no painter involved, just a friend who borrowed the trailer, forgot to run the jack up before moving it, (same type/mount jack), also bent the mounting plate. He ended up buying me a new jack and mounting it, but it is the kind that mounts on the side of the tongue rail, and pivots to horizontal when not in use (gets welded in place). Never have to worry about that again, at least in theory!

Good call on your part, as I said, at least in my mind. Stuff happens!

HAGO!

p.s.
*footnote* wish I'd have known you were at the 30th, you are one of the folks I'd really liked to have met...maybe I'll make the 35th?

[This message has been edited by Sage (edited 07-25-2013).]

Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 295
Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2013 09:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Sage:

Hats off to you sir. Rare to find a reasonable, sane, levelheaded, down to earth, fair minded, not out to sue somebody, common sense kinda guy these days. You made the right call, at least in my mind and I'm guessing in yours.

Had a similar thing happen to my trailer, only no painter involved, just a friend who borrowed the trailer, forgot to run the jack up before moving it, (same type/mount jack), also bent the mounting plate. He ended up buying me a new jack and mounting it, but it is the kind that mounts on the side of the tongue rail, and pivots to horizontal when not in use (gets welded in place). Never have to worry about that again, at least in theory!

Good call on your part, as I said, at least in my mind. Stuff happens!

HAGO!

p.s.
*footnote* wish I'd have known you were at the 30th, you are one of the folks I'd really liked to have met...maybe I'll make the 35th?

Kicking myself for not walking over and shaking your hand at the 30th... Didn't know you had been there until the day of the awards, and had no time to try and find you...

blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2013 10:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
a most excellent story and and wrap up...

that (+) bump to 75 is from me...

(I hate it when I pick up a rating and I don't know why)...
PFF
System Bot
jaredmurray88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2013 10:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaredmurray88Send a Private Message to jaredmurray88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you happen to have a spare minute and cash it would be a good idea to put a back up plate on the jack. Once those things bendin my experience even if you bend it back it will bend there again just from useage. Just food for thought my man, I just hope your luck picks up. Kinda seems like my great luck traveled your way, do me a favor and regift it to someone else down there and don't return to sender it lol.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2013 12:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have to believe that Karma works both ways.
Way to go.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 07-25-2013).]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2013 02:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Resentment is like taking poison and waiting for the other person to die. ~Malachy McCourt

Take no revenge that you have not pondered beneath a starry sky, or on a canyon overlook, or to the lapping of waves and the mewing of a distant gull. ~Robert Brault

..and then still don't do it.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 07-25-2013).]

Kento

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2013 03:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KentoSend a Private Message to KentoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well that's your 3, so your covered for the rest of the year!

------------------

JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2013 07:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That trailer is cursed. Sell it, junk it, give it away or something but buy a different one. LOL
MulletproofMonk

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2013 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know you have resolved yourself to this, but I would be upset. Mostly because you have health issues and you needed the trailer.

First your landlord should have given you 24 hours notice that they were going to be at the property (or have someone that represents them at the property, ie furnace guy), that is tenant rights (they can't just "pop by").

Second, the painter should have contacted you about the moving trailer. He could have got run over and then guess what? He probably would have sued you, even though he had no right to move it, and won (because the idiots always seem to win now).

I would still complain to the land lord and tell them what happened with estimates on the damage just to get it on the record. I'm sure she is paying the joker under the table and he probably doesn't have liability insurance (unless he is running a business). If the guy was really sorry for what he did, he would have been at your house the next morning to see if he could help get it out from the bottom of the hill. If he was sorry he would have left a note. The reason that he called you was because he is scared of you suing him for the damage. For that reason alone I would have made him pay for it.

As far as you making it worse, not you fault. You only made it worse because he put the trailer in that situation. If he had left the trailer alone, none of the extra BS would have happened.

------------------
-Brian

My 87 GT Poly Suspension Upgrade (all pics) thread
Removing the roof panel
My HUD install thread
Isn't it strange that after a bombing, everyone blames the bomber, his upbringing, his environment, his culture, his mental state but … after a shooting, the problem is the gun?

Kento

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2013 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KentoSend a Private Message to KentoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MulletproofMonk:
. If he had left the trailer alone, none of the extra BS would have happened.

NO, I feel he still would have got rear ended. With his luck, not like you can see a Bright Red Pickup towing a Trailer!!!!!!!

CowsP, I gotta talk to you pick up your phone please :P

------------------

Kento

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2013 08:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KentoSend a Private Message to KentoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Kento:

Well that's your 3, so your covered for the rest of the year!

Well Its my Fault, I posted this and it got worse!!!! Im Sorry Greg!

------------------

solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2013 08:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here's hoping you have a great trip to Michigan. The weather will be cool, so you from the south may want long pants and may be a light jacket. Us Michiganders are wearing shorts & t-shirts dancing, singing and partying because the "hot" weather is gone. LOL

Peace be with you,
Steve

[This message has been edited by solotwo (edited 07-26-2013).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave