Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  WTB electric window switch's. Is is there another GM car that works with a Fiero?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
WTB electric window switch's. Is is there another GM car that works with a Fiero? by kevin
Started on: 07-14-2013 11:44 PM
Replies: 15 (883 views)
Last post by: mitchjl22 on 08-12-2013 12:29 AM
kevin

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2013 11:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kevinSend a Private Message to kevinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fellas,
My '85 window switches are history. Can I use aother GM switch other than the stock one? Let me know. Hurry

Cordially,
kevin
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
mrfred8

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2013 11:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kevin:

Fellas,
My '85 window switches are history. Can I use aother GM switch other than the stock one? Let me know. Hurry

Cordially,
kevin

I believe mid-80's firebirds/camaros will work, I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong.

FYI, Fierostore sells window switches.

rbell2915

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2013 12:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rbell2915Send a Private Message to rbell2915Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I plan on doing this extremely soon. I have the Grand Prix switches, but I just need the one touch down module. Thanks to The Ogre for putting that on his website.
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2013 02:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If I were going to do a mod the first thing I would do is install relays so the entire current of the motor doesn't go through the switches. Two benefits are the switches are going to last a lot longer and the windows will go up and down a lot faster due to the decreased voltage drop. And then I would add the one touch down AND up. And then make them operate by remote and probably a half dozen other cool tricks, including have the windows drop down a bit when you open the door and cinch back up when you close them.

[This message has been edited by jscott1 (edited 07-15-2013).]

CowsPatoot

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2013 07:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CowsPatootClick Here to visit CowsPatoot's HomePageSend a Private Message to CowsPatootEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I used switches out of the rear doors of a 2002 Silverado.... //www.fiero.nl/forum/F...L/079675-3.html#p113

They are illuminated...they have an internal relay to solve the issues that JScott mentioned...and they are waterproof.
kevin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2013 10:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kevinSend a Private Message to kevinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rbell2915:

I plan on doing this extremely soon. I have the Grand Prix switches, but I just need the one touch down module. Thanks to The Ogre for putting that on his website.

Thanks everyone. Your Fiero knowledge is terrific! All who answered my querie are appreciated!
Cordially,
kevin

TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2013 02:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Kevin,

I also could show you how to do something like this:

This shows my two power window switches and dual heat seat dial switches

This was before I wrapped the piece in a nice vinyl leather texture that made everything look factory.
kevin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2013 03:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kevinSend a Private Message to kevinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TXOPIE:

Kevin,

I also could show you how to do something like this:

This shows my two power window switches and dual heat seat dial switches

This was before I wrapped the piece in a nice vinyl leather texture that made everything look factory.

EXCELLENT!
TXOPIER, you said you have someting wrapped in vinyl leather to look factory? Perhaps you have a picture of your fine work?

Cordially,
ke.vin
p.s. I happen to have seat warmers.
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2013 03:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Kevin,

I need to get a minute tonight and take an updated picture, but here is an example of what it looks like on another power mirror & window switch panel I did a while back:

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2013 05:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012
You will need the following things to accomplish this project:

1: Origional Cig plastic panel:

2: Hot Knife

Walmart/Hobby Store

3: A measuring tape:

Really?

4: Cargo "Quicksteel"

Any auto parts store

5: Can of Dupli-Color Bumper Coating (Sounds weird, but if you want the best & cleanest factory black even finish on any of your internal plastic pieces...use this!)

Any auto parts store

6: A 12" x 12" sheet of Black Leather Texture Vinyl:

http://stores.ebay.com/autovinylsolutions

7: A set of Universal Car Power Window Switch (12V)

http://dx.com/p/universal-c...ow-switch-12v-102291

Kevin...I see in your sign-off that you too have heated seats, then I will show the entire process.

Step by Step Directions...soon to follow.

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 07-15-2013).]

chorcob

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2013 05:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chorcobSend a Private Message to chorcobEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fierostore switches
PFF
System Bot
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2013 06:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by chorcob:

Fierostore switches

I hope the quality has gotten better, their plastic is pretty thin on their rocker switches.
If you were going to use stock...I would recommend reconditioned switches with new replacement Camaro rocker tops swapped out. I have done them a few times and it only takes a minute to swap the rockers and get a brand brand new looking Switch (reconditioned hardware) & much more solid then the Fierostore...they have many great products, this just isn't one of their best.

Personally I got sick of the switches being under my fore-arm area...since I have a 5 Speed, my right hand rarely leaves the shift knob...hence why I eventually had to move them to where they are in the photos above.

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 07-15-2013).]

chorcob

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2013 12:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chorcobSend a Private Message to chorcobEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wish i had a manual

------------------
Unconditional Surrender

mitchjl22

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2013 01:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mitchjl22Send a Private Message to mitchjl22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TXOPIE:

Kevin,

I need to get a minute tonight and take an updated picture, but here is an example of what it looks like on another power mirror & window switch panel I did a while back:

I want this!
Khw

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2013 01:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

If I were going to do a mod the first thing I would do is install relays so the entire current of the motor doesn't go through the switches. Two benefits are the switches are going to last a lot longer and the windows will go up and down a lot faster due to the decreased voltage drop. And then I would add the one touch down AND up. And then make them operate by remote and probably a half dozen other cool tricks, including have the windows drop down a bit when you open the door and cinch back up when you close them.

Reading that reminded me of a car audio article I saw back in the late 80's to early 90's. The owner set up servos on his gain controls and when the window was opened, the servos advanced a little adding about a 3db increase in volume. When the windows were closed the servos retarded a little setting the volume level back to normal. The article said he did this to overcome the wind noise introduced by opening windows.
mitchjl22

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2013 12:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mitchjl22Send a Private Message to mitchjl22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any updates!? I want those switches!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock