Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  NEW Fiero Hood decal (IN DEVELOPMENT) (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
NEW Fiero Hood decal (IN DEVELOPMENT) by sastian
Started on: 07-14-2013 10:41 PM
Replies: 76 (4488 views)
Last post by: GuyFiero on 10-20-2023 02:15 PM
Fierfly

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2013 07:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierflySend a Private Message to FierflyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hmmm. For some reason i can't find the "like" button on this page.

edit: omigosh, two page ownages in a month!!

[This message has been edited by Fierfly (edited 07-20-2013).]

IP: Logged
TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2013 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cool designs (I especially like the one that goes off the hood on both sides...)

Here's one of my old hoods:
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

I think it *sorta* resembles the firebird style...

It's a two-color custom decal I designed and Paul Mckibben so awesomely created for me...

He's awesome, btw - reasonable prices and very personable.

http://fierosails.com

[This message has been edited by TheDigitalAlchemist (edited 07-20-2013).]

mmeyer86gt/gtp

Feedback score:    (161)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2013 08:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do you have a machine that can do the cutting or are you taking it to a shop?
sastian

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2013 01:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sastianClick Here to visit sastian's HomePageSend a Private Message to sastianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a 24 inch cutter. depending on the design I may need to send to someone with a larger cutter.

as it sits though I should be able to run this decal in sections.

------------------

jaredmurray88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2013 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaredmurray88Send a Private Message to jaredmurray88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
updates! I demand them!!
Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2013 05:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
fantastic love your work and love the evolution.
Carver1

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2013 10:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Carver1Send a Private Message to Carver1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i have a 34 inch cutter that I have been making designs for a few members.
I also have access to a 60" cutter/printer at work.
That design is awesome!
I would cut it out of wrap material for something that big. It cuts down on air bubbles.
Once you get your final design, I could possible have it printed on wrap material, that way, you can have any color or design you can think of.
Carbon fiber, flames, you name it.
Let me know if I can help.

Originally posted by sastian:

I have a 24 inch cutter. depending on the design I may need to send to someone with a larger cutter.

as it sits though I should be able to run this decal in sections.

------------------
84 Fiero V6 4 speed
11 Camaro SS/RS LS3 6.2
13 Traverse LS 3.6
12 Silverado Z71 5.3
12 Tahoe LT 5.3
64 Lincoln Continental 7.0

sastian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2013 02:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sastianClick Here to visit sastian's HomePageSend a Private Message to sastianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
sorry guys,
Quick update, I am still continuing this project and thrilled to read that there are more people interested!
It's just been crazy busy this month. I'll keep you all in the loop!
Dr. Trey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2013 07:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dr. TreySend a Private Message to Dr. TreyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WANT lol would seriously consider as much as 150 dollars or in that area for one in silver for my 85 GT
bmac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2013 01:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bmacSend a Private Message to bmacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can't wait to see how this turns out!!

Brian
jaredmurray88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2013 11:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaredmurray88Send a Private Message to jaredmurray88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
updates?
PFF
System Bot
sastian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2013 01:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sastianClick Here to visit sastian's HomePageSend a Private Message to sastianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
sorry everybody, I have had a hellacious month and a half. I went on vacation and South Carolina and since I've gotten back I've been trying to get caught up on all the work that I was the collecting as well as taking on all the new work that I have taken on while I was down there.

on the upside I did buy new tires and rims for my car so I will be anxiously waiting to see this decal developed for my own vehicles as well.

but unfortunately when I got home I found out that the computer that I used to run my vinyl cutter kicked the bucket. so soon as I get that straightened out I get back on this project. Thanks for keeping me on the ball. I'll get right on this as soon as I can in the next couple of weeks!
sastian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2013 01:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sastianClick Here to visit sastian's HomePageSend a Private Message to sastianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

sastian

555 posts
Member since Mar 2001
sorry everybody, I have had a hellacious month and a half. I went on vacation and South Carolina and since I've gotten back I've been trying to get caught up on all the work that I was the collecting as well as taking on all the new work that I have taken on while I was down there.

on the upside I did buy new tires and rims for my car so I will be anxiously waiting to see this decal developed for my own vehicles as well.

but unfortunately when I got home I found out that the computer that I used to run my vinyl cutter kicked the bucket. so soon as I get that straightened out I get back on this project. Thanks for keeping me on the ball. I'll get right on this as soon as I can in the next couple of weeks!
Marine1981

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2014 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marine1981Click Here to visit Marine1981's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marine1981Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump. Anything new on this decal?
sastian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2014 01:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sastianClick Here to visit sastian's HomePageSend a Private Message to sastianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
funny you bump that today. I'm just putting the vinyl cutter back together. It had a major mishap in October and I've been slowly getting all the parts what I can make a first cut from. not to mention Chicago's longest winter is finally coming to an end can I be able to get outside with my Fiero

------------------

sastian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2014 02:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sastianClick Here to visit sastian's HomePageSend a Private Message to sastianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anyone in Northern Illinois want to be the first to try this decal on?

------------------

sastian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2014 03:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sastianClick Here to visit sastian's HomePageSend a Private Message to sastianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

sastian

555 posts
Member since Mar 2001
Marine1981

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2014 05:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marine1981Click Here to visit Marine1981's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marine1981Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a friend of mine that Really wants the one in your draft that wraps around over the fenders.

Ben
85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2014 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Having fun in Forza4 with the idea

------------------

Love The Excitement! https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/068738.html

sastian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2014 01:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sastianClick Here to visit sastian's HomePageSend a Private Message to sastianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
that's awesome! if you need real graphics ill post some. just need templates. I really need to get this project completed!
sastian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2014 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sastianClick Here to visit sastian's HomePageSend a Private Message to sastianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
who was the designer of the fiero logo for general motors?

<iframe frameborder='0' src='https://mural.ly/mural/sastian/1373911498831/embed?b=975&l=1533&r=3814&t=0' width='510px' height='315px'></iframe>

------------------

PFF
System Bot
DKcustoms

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2014 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DKcustomsSend a Private Message to DKcustomsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

A quick sketch of what it might look like on a notchie

]https://www.dropbox.com/s/...ood-mock.jpg

SIGN ME UP FOR THIS!

With some revision, I would go for this all day and be signed up for your first order.

[This message has been edited by DKcustoms (edited 08-01-2014).]

SAFASTRO

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2015 12:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SAFASTROClick Here to visit SAFASTRO's HomePageSend a Private Message to SAFASTROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey guys. Let me know if you need any assistance on this project. I own my own signs and graphics business, and do this stuff all day every day. Wraps, custom full color printed logos and graphics, and die-cut. I have a 64" plotter and 64" digital printer.
jaredmurray88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2016 11:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaredmurray88Send a Private Message to jaredmurray88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What happened here? I'd take two lol. Why did the r&d stop? Can someone whip this up in masking vinyl?
Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2016 12:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am the designer of the first photo on white car

------------------
http://www.wedriveexcitement.com

sastian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2016 12:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sastianClick Here to visit sastian's HomePageSend a Private Message to sastianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok... glad someone resurrected this post.. im all ready t cut prototypes... cutter is set. gonna go outside and measure the hood right now.

------------------

sastian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2016 12:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sastianClick Here to visit sastian's HomePageSend a Private Message to sastianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

sastian

555 posts
Member since Mar 2001

Originally posted by Australian:

I am the designer of the first photo on white car

which one would that be?????
sastian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2016 02:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sastianClick Here to visit sastian's HomePageSend a Private Message to sastianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

sastian

555 posts
Member since Mar 2001
Ok guys, I went out and did some measurements. and have determined that this is something I CAN do with my cutter after analyzing the design...

It will have to be assembled on the hood as the decal will be in 4 parts for the top alone.. possibly 6 if we include the sides.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/r...k/willitfit.png?dl=0

It looks like the widest cut would be 20" witch gives me 2.4 " to play with setting registration and guidelines into the design.

Next step.. accurate illustrator template accounting for curvature....

[This message has been edited by sastian (edited 06-30-2016).]

Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2016 04:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

which one would that be?????

White car
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...110502-1-078449.html

[This message has been edited by Australian (edited 06-30-2016).]

sastian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2016 05:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sastianClick Here to visit sastian's HomePageSend a Private Message to sastianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh yes that one. I thought you were saying the white sketch was something that you did. :-)
c_menter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2016 11:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for c_menterSend a Private Message to c_menterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Glad to see this thread resurrected! Let us know how it turns out! Can't wait until it's all finalized and I can order one of my own!
PFF
System Bot
sastian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2016 12:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sastianClick Here to visit sastian's HomePageSend a Private Message to sastianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ok im about 25% done laying out the hood in illustrator.. i need to take some direct curavture template measurements via cloth or paper. but im convinced i have everything i need to cut the prototype minus the car. with as bad of shape as mine is i still dont want to make a test subject out of it in fear of making my restoration job worse. anyone local to Elgin IL wanting to be the first with this decal? please submit photos of your car in your reply. id like this to be as good of an example as possible.

------------------

Fiero Tom

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2017 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero TomSend a Private Message to Fiero TomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I love your concept any chance of getting this revived ?
sastian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2023 07:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sastianClick Here to visit sastian's HomePageSend a Private Message to sastianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
seems there's still interest in finishing this... maybe because of the 40th???

https://www.facebook.com/gr...596/?mibextid=oMANbw
GuyFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2023 08:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GuyFieroSend a Private Message to GuyFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
totally OT, but I have a question about custom vinyl decals.

I am planning on painting my car orange. I am a huge Cincinnati Bengals fan. I would like a decal of the black tiger stripes from their logo, but I want something that I can take on and off. I'd love to rock the stripes when I go to a game, but it would be too garish to leave on every day. So how hard is to make a decal that can be taken on and off. Is it possible?
TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2023 12:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GuyFiero:

totally OT, but I have a question about custom vinyl decals.

I am planning on painting my car orange. I am a huge Cincinnati Bengals fan. I would like a decal of the black tiger stripes from their logo, but I want something that I can take on and off. I'd love to rock the stripes when I go to a game, but it would be too garish to leave on every day. So how hard is to make a decal that can be taken on and off. Is it possible?

I think a "Window Cling" or "static cling" decal might be a good option. Since magnets won't stick well. Just make sure they won't shrink when heated...
GuyFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2023 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GuyFieroSend a Private Message to GuyFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TheDigitalAlchemist:

I think a "Window Cling" or "static cling" decal might be a good option. Since magnets won't stick well. Just make sure they won't shrink when heated...

That was what I was thinking of. You can get the team logo "stickers" that you can take on and off of your car. But I am looking for a custom stripe pattern.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock