Choptop Fiero Fun in Maine by Thrillhouse
Started on: 07-10-2013 10:45 PM
Replies: 11 (558 views)
Last post by: BlackThunderGT on 04-23-2014 10:26 PM
Thrillhouse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2013 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ThrillhouseSend a Private Message to ThrillhouseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello everyone! I've been lurking here for the past two or so years buying misc. parts here and there, soaking up great advice, etc. but I thought it was about time for my own thread.

Last year I bought F355Spyder's silver choptop with the intention of using it as a summer car up here in the mountains of western Maine. Unfortunately things did not work out quite so well. After a bit of a mishap involving the transportation of the car and some (substantial) damage to the car, I finally have gotten a chance to enjoy the car. To make a long story short the car was repaired and re-painted entirely on the insurance company's dollar. It runs and drives beautifully now with no permanent damage.

The car has a 3.4 with a turbo and it sure is quick! Its not as fast as my Camaro but it definitely pulls a lot faster than my N/A 3.4. Driving through town and seeing everyone's eyes follow the car, then see them turn around after I pass, just brings a huge smile to my face. I'm sure you all can relate.

I have been hoarding quite a few upgrade parts for the car. My plans for this summer, in no particular order, include:

1. Trueleo Intake
2. Projector Headlights
3. Interior cleaning / restoration
4. PISA Taillights
5. Double Din Radio with rear backup camera.
6. LED Side marker lights
7. Select cable replacement + Shifter rebuild
8. Swap over a few parts from my yellow 87 GT (which will be for sale soon)
9. Cut down and install quarter windows

I'll try and take pics and share my projects as I work on them. Currently I am working on replacing the select cable. The new one from Rodney arrived today along with the shifter rebuild kit and new speaker grill cloths. As I'm working on replacing the select cable I'll be freshening up the interior and installing the double din radio and backup camera since half the interior is out anyway.

I'll be doing all of the work in our boat garage a few miles down the road and unfortunately I left my camera at home today so I only have pics of the car put together. But here she is in the garage along with my yellow GT.

[This message has been edited by Thrillhouse (edited 07-10-2013).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
jb1

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2013 02:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jb1Send a Private Message to jb1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
looks good..

------------------

87 GT
series 1 3800sc (7.597 @88.53 1.579 60ft)
(series II swap in progress)
85GT Northstar
86GT 3800 n/a

blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2013 09:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
good to read this!

many of us in North Texas were wondering the cars' status since the car carrier accident.

good luck on your projects.
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2013 01:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blakeinspace:

good to read this!

many of us in North Texas were wondering the cars' status since the car carrier accident.

good luck on your projects.

What this guy said.....Glad to see it was brought back to life after the accident. Car looks good even though I liked the silver better myself.
skuzzbomer

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2013 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MstangsBware:

What this guy said.....Glad to see it was brought back to life after the accident. Car looks good even though I liked the silver better myself.

I loved that paint scheme.

I really wanted the car both times it was for sale so I'm glad it's getting put back on the road after all the bad luck. If I didn't know any better, I'd say that car is cursed since it left Texas.

Keep the stories (and the pics) coming!
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2013 11:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by skuzzbomer:

I really wanted the car both times it was for sale so I'm glad it's getting put back on the road after all the bad luck. If I didn't know any better, I'd say that car is cursed since it left Texas.

Yeah..I.kick myself for not buying the car myself....

Thrillhouse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2013 11:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ThrillhouseSend a Private Message to ThrillhouseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by skuzzbomer:

I actually really liked the paint and pinstripes as well, but since the whole car had to be re-painted anyway I thought I may as well go with something that stands out a little bit more than silver. If it didn't have a mishap on the car carrier It would still be silver. I sure hope the car isn't cursed, though the thought crossed my mind too. Hopefully this is the end of its bad luck.

I got some more work done on the car today. My parts from Rodney Dickman arrived yesterday so I installed the select cable and rebuilt the shifter. I didnt take any pics of that due to greasy/oily hands. I have most of the interior dis-assembled right now to clean, replace, and/or upgrade. The only pic I have from today is of the Mr. Mikes seats that I'll be swapping into the car once the rest of my parts arrive.

Thrillhouse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2013 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ThrillhouseSend a Private Message to ThrillhouseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's been a few days since I've updated the thread and a lot has happened since then.

I have completed my backup camera and just about completed my double din LCD touchscreen radio install. I just need to make up a new HVAC plate for there. My plan is to cut it out of lexan then laminate it to my stock HVAC bezel then cover the outer lexan with a vinyl wrap to match the other interior pieces.

I have received and installed a few interior pieces from russ88ttop, unused by another forum member. They look phenomenal and he does great work. I still have to install the gauge cluster surround and aux gauge surround.

I installed my LED marker kit from Danyel. I ordered this last year and just finally got around to installing the lights. They also look phenomenal and he puts out a great product. I had to clean all of the terminals but after a few minutes with some sand paper everything works and looks great.

With the help of my father we cut down and installed the quarter windows. It makes a huge difference having those installed and they look great.

Today I went down to a car show in Farmington (about 40 miles south) I was the only fiero there, and actually I think the only Pontiac! I had a great time and met a nice fellow who owns 5 fieros. As I was pulling into the show I was mistaken for a ferrari and they were going to put me in the imports class. They didnt have a custom car class and I was instead put into the 79-92(I think) stock class. I didnt win but, I suppose it would help if there was a class to suit my car.

Anyway on with the pics!

Making progress on the double din radio.

Interior is back in.

Getting ready to head south. Awesome marker lights and backup camera installed!

At the show!

FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2013 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Beautiful car!

------------------

88 Coupe: 2.0L Turbo 4 Cylinder, W2A, T25 Turbo.
84 Indy #64: Restoration Project, Super Duty 4 swap

LEEEZARD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2013 11:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LEEEZARDSend a Private Message to LEEEZARDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
very lotus espritish, looks nice
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2013 01:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very Nice!

I used to drool over this car. Maybe I'll see it again some day.

I'm glad to hear that it runs and drives okay after the major accident.
PFF
System Bot
BlackThunderGT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2014 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Choptop bump!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock