Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  albuquerque people - know of this fiero?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
albuquerque people - know of this fiero? by nick2x88
Started on: 07-07-2013 01:13 AM
Replies: 12 (675 views)
Last post by: nick2x88 on 08-22-2013 05:36 PM
nick2x88

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2013 01:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nick2x88Send a Private Message to nick2x88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Trying to track down a Fiero I used to own, thought I might get lucky on here.

It's an 88 5spd, western edition coupe; a couple of unique traits to the car when I sold it: rodney dickman decklid struts, formula wheels, tinted rear glass and ocelot exhaust with dual outlets. Gray interior. 235,000+ miles, ran quite well.

Sold from California in 2008, registered in southern california through 2009, then registered in Albuquerque through 2011. After that - who knows; if someone has the ability to run a current carfax let me know and I'll share the VIN.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
FieroG97J

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2013 11:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroG97JSend a Private Message to FieroG97JEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have one just like that with 16,000 miles on it for sale for $1500 firm. This car needs a paint job BADLY. Let me know if you have a serious interest.

Dave K
topcat

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 148
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2013 12:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for topcatSend a Private Message to topcatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
16,000? Did you leave a zero out?

Originally posted by FieroG97J:

I have one just like that with 16,000 miles on it for sale for $1500 firm. This car needs a paint job BADLY. Let me know if you have a serious interest.

Dave K

kevin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2013 12:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kevinSend a Private Message to kevinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nick,
I am also from Sacramento, CA. We have met, correct?
The question is where & at what time?
Cordial,
Kevin
kevinsullivan@frontier.com
'85 Fiero SE
nick2x88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2013 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nick2x88Send a Private Message to nick2x88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Kevin,

I am not sure if we ever met or not. I never participated much in the local Fiero club - I did make a run to the Jelly Belly factory in Fairfield once many years ago with the local club, and I did attend one of their local meetings, but that's about it.
Carver1

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2013 01:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Carver1Send a Private Message to Carver1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I haven't seen it around yet. I am also not familiar with a "western edition". What is that?

------------------
84 Fiero V6 4 speed
84 Fiero Duke 4 Speed
11 Camaro SS/RS LS3
08 Suburban Z71
12 Silverado Z71
12 Tahoe LT
73 VW Baja

Originally posted by pontiackid86:
i'm sure i could fly a plane no problem.
nick2x88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2013 03:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nick2x88Send a Private Message to nick2x88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"Western Edition" were 1988 four cylinder cars with body color trim on the bottom (look beneath the doors), the factory spoiler, and the trim at the bottom of the rear fascia (where the exhaust is) was also painted body color (the picture of my old car above, is NOT painted correctly for a western edition, it should not have the black trim - the bumper was repainted incorrectly).

I believe it was RPO code W02.

[This message has been edited by nick2x88 (edited 08-18-2013).]

Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2013 10:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
W02 is called the "sport appearance package". Perhaps it was only sold in the West, as I have not seen one in the MidWest. It was '88 only.
FieroG97J

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2013 11:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroG97JSend a Private Message to FieroG97JEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by topcat:

16,000? Did you leave a zero out?

No, 16,000 is the correct original mileage.
IIKool

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2013 07:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IIKoolSend a Private Message to IIKoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Why would it need paint with only 16,000 ?
FieroG97J

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2013 11:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroG97JSend a Private Message to FieroG97JEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It was purchased new in New Orleans and sat out in an unprotected driveway for all of its life till I got it. The sun, heat and humidity have effectively microwaved the horizontal surfaces. I talked with the Western Regional Sales Director for Pontiac years ago and it was he who told me it was called the Western Edition by the people that worked at Pontiac. There was no paperwork with that name on it that they knew of, just a term they heard and used. No one is sure exactly where it came from. The cars were only sold in CA, AZ, NM, NV and maybe another state or two in the west. I have two of them if anyone needs one.

Dave K
PFF
System Bot
Boxdin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2013 02:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoxdinSend a Private Message to BoxdinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow, I own the white car in question. Bought it from a guy in LA some time ago, I can look it up. Took the train out and drove it home along w 400 lbs of extra fiero parts and got 39mpg w the AC on. I just finished overhauling the AC system to great success except can't get the AC relay in front to trip, other than that its perfect. Speedo went out so overhauled the dash too a few weeks ago, got speedo + other parts for 45 bucks, replaced printed board too, now works like a charm.
I really love this car, I've had a dozen Formulas, this is my first 4cyl and I like it much better, mainly coz I still do all work by myself.
I consider this car a real gem, its so obvious it received great care all along its life, and the dash conversion to GT specs is wonderful, it rides rough as a cob but smooths out at 70-80 + mph. All the Rodney Dickman stuff on it is another factor that makes it very special.
At 238k miles now its still as tight as a gnats ass and super fun to drive.
nick2x88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2013 05:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nick2x88Send a Private Message to nick2x88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow - I didn't expect that I'd ever track the car back down. When I sold it to the guy in LA, I asked him more than once to contact me if he ever wanted or needed to sell the car; but I never heard back.

I'm really glad to hear it's in good hands. The 400lbs of extra Fiero parts were stuff that went with the car when I sold it - I had owned the car since 1999 and collected all that stuff along the way. When I sold it, I didn't have any other fieros or reasons to keep those parts so they went with it. When or if you ever sell it, I'd like to have first crack at it.

It's a little stiff because of the poly bushings in the rear, but you're right it's a nice 80mph cruiser. That's what I used it for - highway commutes to and from work.

The car has had a LOT of non-obvious work done to it.

I'll send you an email with my contact info in case you ever do need or want to sell it.

[This message has been edited by nick2x88 (edited 08-22-2013).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock