Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  What Fiero part/upgrade are you currently saving up for?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
What Fiero part/upgrade are you currently saving up for? by johnyrottin
Started on: 07-03-2013 10:23 AM
Replies: 38 (649 views)
Last post by: Carcenomy on 07-05-2013 09:34 PM
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2013 10:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am currently saving for Mr. Mikes seats for the GBCT. It got me to wondering what others were saving towards? What say ye'?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Squeaky

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2013 10:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SqueakySend a Private Message to SqueakyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thats a perfect thing to save for! Mine are Mr Mike's, well worth the money. His craftsmanship is second to none. I'm saving for a total re-paint on my 87 GT, the quotes I got last week are between $6000-$8000!! Better start saving haha.
mrfred8

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2013 10:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
GTO nose //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum3/HTML/000138.html

------------------
--Jeff aka mrfred8
- 88 Yellow GT
- 86 Silver SE (3800 in progress)
Fieros For Sale

fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2013 11:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Detached garage. Wife wants to lay claim to the 2 car garage attached to the house, and I want a larger garage, so its a win-win.
no2pencil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2013 11:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Silicoan86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2013 11:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Silicoan86Send a Private Message to Silicoan86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A nice, sticky set of Dunlop Direzza ZII's.
FIEROFLYER

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 180
Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2013 11:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The last few parts to build up my engine then some how find time to actually work on my own car so it hits the road this year.
Final result I am hoping to hit around 400 HP at the wheels with my modified 3800SC/F40 6 speed then start on the interior with a nice set of Mr Mikes cloth seats.
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2013 11:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
DEPENDS on the week...But always something!
PRJPerformance

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2013 12:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PRJPerformanceClick Here to visit PRJPerformance's HomePageSend a Private Message to PRJPerformanceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Too many things to list everything. On the major immediate need list to get it driveable:
Drivers window and power window actuator as well as all the window seals.
Front windshield
Tail light lenses
End seals for T-Tops
L36 and everything needed to install, as well as two sets of gaskets/bolts to top swap my L67 top end to it (and vice-versa)
New tires

Once it is operational:
Complete 88 front suspension/brakes.
Sail panels
Lots of little trim pieces
Mikes seat covers
New headliner
Body work and paint.

Hopefully will get it done before I'm too senile to drive it.

PRJ
Raydar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2013 12:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Probably the 7730. And then power steering.
Right after I fix my A/C, which blew out in a pretty spectacular manner on the way back from Indy. Sounded like an M80 went off under the car.

Originally posted by fieroguru:
Detached garage. Wife wants to lay claim to the 2 car garage attached to the house, and I want a larger garage, so its a win-win.

Perfect!
Dburger

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-03-2013 01:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DburgerSend a Private Message to DburgerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
An entire car
PFF
System Bot
Dotrenrew

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2013 01:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DotrenrewClick Here to visit Dotrenrew's HomePageSend a Private Message to DotrenrewEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Paint

and a garage/polebarn

Jarhead 2m4

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2013 02:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jarhead 2m4Click Here to visit Jarhead 2m4's HomePageSend a Private Message to Jarhead 2m4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Paint. I don't even think it's in the near future...
Tom Slick

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2013 03:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
wheels
rbell2915

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2013 03:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rbell2915Send a Private Message to rbell2915Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Needed supplies to install the following
*Power locks
*Power mirrors
*Mr. Mike's everything
*Cupholders
*Glovebox

And that's about it.
Grantman

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2013 04:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GrantmanSend a Private Message to GrantmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
better paint job
hood scoops, side scoops.
better looking gauges

------------------
1986 Fiero GT Fastback
1979 Naked Honda Goldwing

IwannaIRM

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2013 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IwannaIRMSend a Private Message to IwannaIRMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
In no particular order:
18/19" staggered set of wheels and tires
Amida's upgraded dash
Electronics for dash
engine transplant to LSx or 3.8SC (w/AC and auto)
Archie's widebody modified
Paint to match after bodywork
TXGOOD's center pocket door to compliment the new dash.

and that's just for one car.

My IMSA, well, I can't make a list long enough.

------------------
84 Fiero SE, Custom Hybrid (Updated to 88 wiring throughout, t-tops, V6, 5spd, Fastback, IMSA style whale tail/decklid with vents, T/A fender vents, Aus Scoops, Extractor Hood, Formula bumpers, Held coil-overs, Mr. Mikes Seats, Hidden Antenna, Low-profile headlights, Custom Pearl Blue Paint, 17" ADR Sokudo wheels)
84 Fiero DGP/IMSA Widebody (Resurection on hold again...will it ever be finished? Probably not, at this pace )

fierogtlt1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2013 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
3800 SC......... Mr.Mikes seat covers.....And TXGOOD cup holder.
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2013 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Some big ass mind blowing engine for the choptop and a set of MR Mikes seat covers. I also am still considering doing the widebody as well.
KOS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2013 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KOSClick Here to visit KOS's HomePageSend a Private Message to KOSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well now that my custom interior is almost done, I will be looking to build up my 3800sc.. so I guess a trans, cam, springs, timing chain, exhaust, harness.and enough metal to make mounts etc

------------------
Dan
Build Thread

skuzzbomer

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2013 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Everything.

Suspension, brakes, swap, bodywork, wheels, rubber, paint, etc.... the list covers about my yearly income from 2011.
PFF
System Bot
BV MotorSports

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 189
Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2013 12:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Now that the turbo Fiero is up and running, a new engine. Stupid rod knock. Luckily, I got a lead on a brand new GM crate engine.
skuzzbomer

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2013 12:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BV MotorSports:

Now that the turbo Fiero is up and running, a new engine. Stupid rod knock. Luckily, I got a lead on a brand new GM crate engine.

Your avatar has become quite accurate lately. Maybe you should mix up a custom paint colour for the car and call it "roshambo green" (or grey, or blue, or whatever else works).
Marine1981

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2013 12:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Marine1981Click Here to visit Marine1981's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marine1981Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
3800 swap harness and paint for my car. For the wife's 84 need to think about an engine swap for when the 2.5 goes....
RCR

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2013 08:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bob
Dotrenrew

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2013 10:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DotrenrewClick Here to visit Dotrenrew's HomePageSend a Private Message to DotrenrewEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RCR:

Bob

If I didn't want to keep my 84 original, I would sooooooooooo make it look like that.
kendallville

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2013 12:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kendallvilleSend a Private Message to kendallvilleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
TIRES
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2013 06:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bodywork and paint for the 383 car. Rest of the cost for the new grey side windows where I have a 50% deposit waiting for window production.

Nelson
Formula

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2013 06:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A house with a big enough garage to put a lift in. I think I have everything I want done to the fiero.

------------------
3800 Turbo

retroman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2013 07:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for retromanSend a Private Message to retromanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula:

A house with a big enough garage to put a lift in. I think I have everything I want done to the fiero.

I'm also saving for a place with lots of acreage and a large outbuilding. Be nice to finally have a place to store and work on my cars.
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 189
Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2013 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by skuzzbomer:

Your avatar has become quite accurate lately. .

^^^^ Truth!
PFF
System Bot
Lilchief

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2013 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LilchiefSend a Private Message to LilchiefEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The completion of my 437 head, for now. Need ports welded, springs, rocker arm studs, rockers and hp machine work done. Then the block work ,rods, pistons , cam and everything else.

------------------

85 GT 3.4
14.9 @ 90 1.9 60' Old TH125/3.06
Unknown New 4T60/3.42

bulldog85043

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2013 01:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bulldog85043Send a Private Message to bulldog85043Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Deck lid scoop to pull all that heat out of the engine compartment. This AZ heat is making my motor turn off if I drive it more than 20-25 miles.

Other than that, rotors all around. Found out I'm 0.003 over the replace thickness while I was replacing my blown struts.
Carcenomy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2013 03:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CarcenomyClick Here to visit Carcenomy's HomePageSend a Private Message to CarcenomyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Saving for an engine swap for my T-top.
The problem is deciding WHICH engine swap to do... I'm starting to lean toward an LD9 2.4.
disjaukifa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2013 03:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for disjaukifaSend a Private Message to disjaukifaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Holley 500-1 300cfm TBI
All new AC components so I have ac again
Electronic aftermarket cruise control

The first one I have money for I just can't find it!
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2013 06:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dburger:

An entire car

Rick 88

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2013 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hnthomps:

Bodywork and paint for the 383 car. Rest of the cost for the new grey side windows where I have a 50% deposit waiting for window production.

Nelson

Waiting on the same grey side windows too. Also waiting for Fiero Guru to develop a kit to swap in the new 3.6 Camaro V6.
BlackEmrald

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2013 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackEmraldSend a Private Message to BlackEmraldEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This thread is so interesting!

For me, I was always looking to buy a nice set of 17" wheels and tires, plus coil overs.
Carcenomy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2013 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CarcenomyClick Here to visit Carcenomy's HomePageSend a Private Message to CarcenomyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rick 88:

Waiting on the same grey side windows too. Also waiting for Fiero Guru to develop a kit to swap in the new 3.6 Camaro V6.

+1 on the HFV6 kit

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock