Rick @ Projector Retrofit by Squeaky
Started on: 07-03-2013 09:56 AM
Replies: 15 (799 views)
Last post by: retroman on 10-07-2013 09:17 PM
Squeaky

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2013 09:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SqueakySend a Private Message to SqueakyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Has anyone been able to contact Rick Meyner at projectorretrofit.com? He last responded to an e-mail of mine on the 19th of May, I haven't been able to get a response or a hold of him since. I sent him 2 certfified cheques for my new headlights/buckets that were upwards of $600. He had told me the kits were made to order and would take 5 weeks, its now surpassed that. I just want to ensure that I'm going to recieve the parts that I've paid for. Does anyone know how I can get a hold of Rick?

Thanks
-Jason
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2013 01:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I haven't talked with him recently, but I have his kit. Mine took about six weeks.
After he received my payment, I only got one message from him, until my pieces arrived.
Don't worry. You'll get 'em.

------------------
Raydar
88 Formula IMSA Fastback. 4.9, NVG T550

Praise the Lowered!

Squeaky

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2013 02:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SqueakySend a Private Message to SqueakyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks I'm not as worried now, he's probably just pre-occupied with building them. Since we're on the topic how do you like the headlight's?

Also I've always liked the streamlined look of a Formula nose on a fastback, looks slick!
Fiero STS

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2013 03:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero STSSend a Private Message to Fiero STSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It took awhile to get my kit as well. Really nice, but I would not do the halo rings again.
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2013 06:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Squeaky:

Thanks I'm not as worried now, he's probably just pre-occupied with building them. Since we're on the topic how do you like the headlight's?

Also I've always liked the streamlined look of a Formula nose on a fastback, looks slick!

The headlights rock!
The very sharp cutoff was a bit disconcerting at first, but I've gotten used to it.
Did you order the HIR lamps for the high beams? Kind of like "portable daylight".

Thanks for the kind words. The car is a Formula with a GT clip added. Other than the IMSA pieces, everything else is stock Formula.
retroman

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2013 06:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for retromanSend a Private Message to retromanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rick is a good guy, but he keeps a very very busy lifestyle. On top of running his headlight business, he works a full time job, and still somehow has time for family. I have been in the waiting line for awhile too, but he has a lot of good feedback, which has spoken volumes to me about his work.
skuzzbomer

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2013 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yes, yes it does.

CLICK FOR FULL SIZE

CLICK FOR FULL SIZE
Squeaky

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2013 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SqueakySend a Private Message to SqueakyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hate to bring up an old thread like this but I still haven't received my headlight buckets or even an indication of when I will. Rick did finally respond to my e-mail mentioned in the first post and gold me that all thats left was my harness... That was last month.
I don't want to sound like a broken record but I sent him money at the beginning of May, it is now almost mid-August. I can't help but to have grown impatient, the original time I was quoted was 5 weeks and its now approaching double that. I understand that people have obligations outside of business but I just want to receive what I've paid for. I've been burned before by online dealing and I certainly hope this won't be the case here. The communication has been lacking so if anybody know's Rick personally or know's how to get a hold of them could you let me know? I need assurance that I haven't simply thrown over $600 of my hard earned money into the wind. Again I'm truly sorry to sound like broken record boys, but I feel I've been more that patient.
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2013 05:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
By all means, keep bringing it up until you get them.
CheshireGrin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2013 12:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CheshireGrinSend a Private Message to CheshireGrinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had a great experience with Rick and his service. If you are on the fiero facebook group he is on there as well as a potential other means of contact.
Squeaky

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2013 12:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SqueakySend a Private Message to SqueakyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll give that a go I guess, first I'll check my e-mail. Perhaps today he got back to me.
PFF
System Bot
Squeaky

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2013 12:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SqueakySend a Private Message to SqueakyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Squeaky

162 posts
Member since Sep 2009

I'll give that a go I guess, first I'll check my e-mail. Perhaps today he got back to me.

Nope, no response. I guess facebook it is

Squeaky

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2013 04:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SqueakySend a Private Message to SqueakyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still no response from his e-mail or facebook, so unless Rick died I'm beginning to feel like I've been left to blow in the wind. C'mon man, I'm not being unreasonable! If you see this Rick please call me, pm me for my number. My frustration is mounting.
Squeaky

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2013 12:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SqueakySend a Private Message to SqueakyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Finally got a hold of Rick, I managed to dig up an e-mail from a long while back with his phone number attached. He said he's been busy and that I will be recieving them soon. He didn't give me an exact date which I can understand. But let this serve as a reminder to all to hold vendors and craftsman accountable for upholding their deadlines, especially when they have both your money and the purchased product. Can't wait to see how they've turned out!
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2013 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

... Can't wait to see how they've turned out!

I'm happy that you finally got him.
I'll be very surprised if you are not highly satisfied with the product.
retroman

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2013 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for retromanSend a Private Message to retromanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Finally got a hold of Rick, I managed to dig up an e-mail from a long while back with his phone number attached. He said he's been busy and that I will be recieving them soon. He didn't give me an exact date which I can understand. But let this serve as a reminder to all to hold vendors and craftsman accountable for upholding their deadlines, especially when they have both your money and the purchased product. Can't wait to see how they've turned out!

So did you ever get a finished product??

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock