30th awards by spirit
Started on: 07-02-2013 09:12 AM
Replies: 69 (2933 views)
Last post by: hyperv6 on 07-30-2013 05:46 PM
spirit

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2013 09:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for spiritSend a Private Message to spiritEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wish someone would post the winners and pix of their cars of the 30th.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Rallaster

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2013 09:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RallasterSend a Private Message to RallasterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have videos of the awards ceremony. I was hoping to have them posted Sunday night or last night, but getting the edited is taking longer than anticipated. It may be as late as tomorrow evening before they get uploaded.
infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2013 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I realize most of you are just getting home now but does anyone have a list of the award winners yet?

Pax,

Will

------------------
Is your Fastback GT's trunk seal shot? My Gen IV replacement GT trunk seals with miter double bonded corners are now in production. $95 + $15 flat rate shipping to the US (contact me for international shipping rates) or buy two and pay only a single shipping rate! More info can be found here GT Trunk Seal Project

spirit

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2013 08:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for spiritSend a Private Message to spiritEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Had a really good time at the 30th. Just wish my car had been judged. Spent all day with the car and never saw a judge.
kendallville

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2013 12:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kendallvilleSend a Private Message to kendallvilleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by spirit:

Had a really good time at the 30th. Just wish my car had been judged. Spent all day with the car and never saw a judge.

I had that happen to me this year at a local car show . They parked me with a bunch of newer mustangs and other newer cars.
They parked all the older cars together, and when the judges came around they stopped short looked down the row and turned around.
They never even looked at anything newer than the early 70s. Around here if it's not from the 60s or before most of the time it has no
chance. Sorry if you think this is off topic , just understand where you are coming from every car should at least be looked at.
Christine

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2013 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChristineSend a Private Message to ChristineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got one of the top ten people’s choice awards and Kevin got the 1st place O class, my car was in R class so there was very little chance I would win as all the cars were super modified and many had much more money and time in them than mine. I was happy just to be recognized by the other Fiero owners, maybe my car looked more like something they could actually build on a reasonable budget.

Maybe for the 35th the judges could have some little dot stickers with the car number on them that they put on the windshield after judging the car so they do not miss any, basically when the stickers are gone they are done.
Snapperhead

Feedback score:    (57)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2013 11:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SnapperheadClick Here to visit Snapperhead's HomePageSend a Private Message to SnapperheadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We brought home a few awards. I want to thank everyone who voted for our car for the people's choice and a big thanks to the judges, I know it's a lot of work.

Kathy and I would also like to thank John Callies for his award, it was a great honor to get this award. When we thanked John for his award at the show he just said.... You dont need to thank me, you got the award because your car is beautiful, you deserved it... Thank you for bringing your car! What a guy...

Class R, Car# 210

3rd place in our class ( 5 awards given for this class )

People's Choice ( 10 given for this award )

John Callies Award ( 10 given for this award )

This is a photo of Kathy and I with John Callies after getting the John Callies Award. We were so happy just like 2 little kids.

This is a photo of our awards. A very proud moment.

Just some of the 30th Memorabilia we collected from the 30th, we have more but can't find them right now.

[This message has been edited by Snapperhead (edited 07-05-2013).]

fierocarb

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2013 11:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarbSend a Private Message to fierocarbEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was not able to stay for the awards, how do I find out if I won anything?
skuzzbomer

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2013 11:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Snapperhead:

We brought home a few awards. I want to thank everyone who voted for our car for the people's choice and a big thanks to the judges, I know it's a lot of work.

Kathy and I would also like to thank John Callies for his award, it was a great honor to get this award. When we thanked John for his award at the show he just said.... You dont need to thank me, you got the award because it is beautiful, you deserved it... Thank you for bringing your car! What a guy...

Class R, Car# 210

3rd place in our class ( 5 awards given for this class )

People's Choice ( 10 given for this award )

John Callies Award ( 10 given for this award )

edit: you fixed the tags just as I did the same thing

[This message has been edited by skuzzbomer (edited 07-05-2013).]

Snapperhead

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2013 11:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SnapperheadClick Here to visit Snapperhead's HomePageSend a Private Message to SnapperheadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierocarb:

I was not able to stay for the awards, how do I find out if I won anything?

The team was going to mail the MIA award winners the awards they won. Also I read above a video is going to be online soon of the award ceremony.

Vince

[This message has been edited by Snapperhead (edited 07-05-2013).]

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2013 09:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Jack,
I'm surprised. The judges showed up bright and early (Like 10:05) at my end of the row. You were also in "R"... right?
Did you have your classification card in your window?

Vince, I'm surprised that you didn't place higher than 3rd, but as I said, there were lots of "heavy hitters" in our group.

Christine, Your car rocks! Very nicely done. The people agree.
PFF
System Bot
x-thumpr-x

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2013 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for x-thumpr-xSend a Private Message to x-thumpr-xEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was in Class V "Specialty Work in Progress" and it was a big class this year. I got 1st in our class, Luke (SBC) got second & I believe FieroGuru got 3rd in our class.

It would be nice to see a detailed list for who won. Our convoy came down with 6 cars and got 4 awards.

Steven: 1st place daily driver
Myself: 1st place W.I.P.
Luke: 2nd place W.I.P.
Ryan (fiero2M8) people choice (top 10)

------------------

G.T. Fieros

Fiero STS

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2013 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero STSSend a Private Message to Fiero STSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got 1st in the class B, stock Indy. 1st in class C, 85 Coupe. Also got Peoples choice for both cars, and best in show stock, for the class C car.
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2013 10:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any updates from the organizers as to posting the award winners?

Its been a 1 1/2 weeks since the show.

This should have been on the 30th website within 48 hours of the awards ceremony.

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2013 07:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So what gives?
No follow-up after the show?
Curious minds want to know the results of the judging..........
DL10

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2013 08:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

So what gives?

If you didn't bother going to the 30th why does it matter who won . It took a lot of dedicated volunteers to make this show happen, and even more dedicated owners to make it a success, don't complain about the show unless you did your part to make it happen.
JamesCurtis

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 64
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2013 08:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JamesCurtisSend a Private Message to JamesCurtisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DL10:

If you didn't bother going to the 30th why does it matter who won . It took a lot of dedicated volunteers to make this show happen, and even more dedicated owners to make it a success, don't complain about the show unless you did your part to make it happen.

I don't really like this mindset and I attended the show. Due to my schedule I was unable to stay the morning of the breakfast and awards show. I told my wife it wasn't a big deal as I assumed the results would be posted as soon as we got back from our 14 hour trip. I really do appreciate all of the volunteers' efforts that made this happen but it still seems strange that I can't find the official listing of the awards, I'm really curious to see who the winners are.

------------------

[This message has been edited by JamesCurtis (edited 07-12-2013).]

DL10

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2013 09:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for your opinion and the extra red in my bar. I knew I would get some for posting what I did but I really get tired of people bitching about how a show was run or judged when they don't help with the planning or judging. Did you ever think that not everyone wants their name put on the Internet

Originally posted by JamesCurtis:
Thanks for the red........

I don't really like this mindset and I attended the show. Due to my schedule I was unable to stay the morning of the breakfast and awards show. I told my wife it wasn't a big deal as I assumed the results would be posted as soon as we got back from our 14 hour trip. I really do appreciate all of the volunteers' efforts that made this happen but it still seems strange that I can't find the official listing of the awards, I'm really curious to see who the winners are.

[This message has been edited by DL10 (edited 07-12-2013).]

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2013 09:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I was at the show and was a class winner.

Common courtesy and professionalism dictate that a simple follow-up posting of winners is entirely appropriate.

Many members of our community were unable to attend the event, and would like to see the results of the judging.

Thanks for your timely response.
carbon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2013 09:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Calm down guys... I'll try to get the awards list up on the main 30th post here and on FB, I don't currently have it in my hands but will shortly, hopefully. I have nothing to do with the 30th web page, so I can't speak to that.

I agree James, we are not trying to keep anyone in the dark about the show or hold info hostage. I will get a hold of the guy holding the sheet and ask what's up. After the war is won, soldiers tend to scatter and return to the homestead.

[This message has been edited by carbon (edited 07-12-2013).]

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2013 09:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Carbon, you have a PM.
PFF
System Bot
JamesCurtis

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 64
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2013 12:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JamesCurtisSend a Private Message to JamesCurtisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Carbon!

I didn't want to sour this thread I am just genuinely curious about who the winners are . There were a LOT of awesome fieros at the show and the judges must have had a tough time. DL10 - I'm not sure where your negatives came from, I have you marked down with a positive rating.

[This message has been edited by JamesCurtis (edited 07-12-2013).]

spirit

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2013 01:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spiritSend a Private Message to spiritEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have attended many car shows and most post on the forum the results. Many post pix of winners and their cars. I think the forum member would like to see this happen. I want to thank everyone the helped make the 30th happen. It as great and I really enjoyed it and plan on attending the net one. Thanks again!
carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2013 02:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I have attended many car shows and most post on the forum the results. Many post pix of winners and their cars. I think the forum member would like to see this happen. I want to thank everyone the helped make the 30th happen. It as great and I really enjoyed it and plan on attending the net one. Thanks again!

Pics of cars will be difficult... there was no one assigned to take a shot of each car in the show, and some show winners were gone before the awards were handed out.
DL10

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2013 02:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

DL10 - I'm not sure where your negatives came from, I have you marked down with a positive rating.

Sorry if I was wrong but I have picked up 4 ratings from this thread and I'm trending to the red side so at least 3 were - It's all good I'm not going anywhere just because of a little red.
I'm sorry if I come off as an a** but one of my biggest pet leaves is people who ***** about how a show was ran or judged that don't even attend. Thank you for at least being there. if people feel that I deserve a - for my original post than we have some pretty petty members here.

Edited to change the rating numbers

[This message has been edited by DL10 (edited 07-12-2013).]

carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2013 04:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sorry if I was wrong but I have picked up 4 ratings from this thread and I'm trending to the red side so at least 3 were - It's all good I'm not going anywhere just because of a little red.
I'm sorry if I come off as an a** but one of my biggest pet leaves is people who ***** about how a show was ran or judged that don't even attend. Thank you for at least being there. if people feel that I deserve a - for my original post than we have some pretty petty members here.

Edited to change the rating numbers

I got no beef with you, you belligerent old man...
DL10

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2013 04:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by carbon:

I got no beef with you, you belligerent old man...

It's all good....you young whippersnapper . No more ratings please......it's up 6 and its back in the green. I really hate getting rated either way for this thread.
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2013 05:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a neutral rating for you, wasnt me either. Freedom to express yourself on a subject should not be penalized by someone who does not share the same opinion.

For what its worth I picked up 3 positives, go figure......

[This message has been edited by olejoedad (edited 07-12-2013).]

Snapperhead

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2013 05:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SnapperheadClick Here to visit Snapperhead's HomePageSend a Private Message to SnapperheadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ouch! a lot of black eyes over this... I would also like to see the other award winners listed. The awards ceremony went so fast I couldn't keep up, and with my aging brain I wouldn't remember now anyway.

I think it's just a professional courtesy to list them. It's the icing on the cake after such a well ran show. It allows all who was there to remember how much fun it was and all the hard work everyone involved put in to make it what it was. It also allows everyone who couldn't make it for whatever reason to enjoy something they missed out on and share it with the Fiero community. More however it show everyone else out there in the world that the Fiero is still a strong proud breed that even after 30 years we still get big heads over our Fiero.

I know everyone has a life and put alot on hold until after the show, but when you get the time it would be nice to get the list posted and as far a photos, maybe the forum members could post a photo of the winning cars. I'm sure between all of us we have the photos.

Just my 2 cents worth

Thanks,

Vince
FieroGTguy

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2013 05:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTguyClick Here to visit FieroGTguy's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
DL10 just got a plus for being a cool guy to chat with.

Greg

PS - The Midwest Fiero's should post a thread winners with a photo and owner info for each section. It's a little bit of work, but ther's plenty of manpower in that guy.

------------------

hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2013 09:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
While I feel it is was a extremely petty comment but it did not need to be given negatives.

There were many of us who would have liked to have been there and would like to at least share in who and what cars were chosen to be the winners.

The next best thing to being there is at least hearing how things were who won and share in the stories and photos of those where were there.

If everyone has an attitude like this then at the next event why would you want to come.

Most large national events for Pontiac list the winners on the web it is a common practice. I wish more would add the photo's but that is a difficult task too to that is understandable.

If anything giving the winners recognition for their award to all is something they would treasure. So if you have time and list the winners so we can see who won and cheer them and congratulate them for their achievement.

PFF
System Bot
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2013 11:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

This is a community, not just several groups that do their own thing outside of the internet. This isn't a weekend, monthly or even annual show. If you look at threads from the 20th and 25th shows, there's tons of information from many people. If you think only those that were there mattered, you don't get it. There were people that left early who don't know if they won. It seems there's more people with that kind of mindset than before and that's why people are leaving.
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2013 12:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have been involved with the Fiero since the 80's and have shown my car at national events for 20 plus years. I have not made these last couple due to work and family but I still have a interest in what is out there and what is going on. The photos make for great enjoyment on seeing how well or weird some of the cars turn out.

The other fact is if you show what the show was and had you may do more to grow interest in those who did not attend to make an effort to make the 35th and later shows. If you do not promote and show what this event was and did the numbers will drop.

The national events are kind of stuck here in the Midwest as that is where the largest number of cars and clubs are and location is one thing that really can not be changed much. On the other hand I would move the show to August every other event to help open the door to others to attend. June is not always a good month for many and that is why so many national shows are in August.

Anyways any info and photo posted is a plus not only for this show but also to entice others to make plans to attend the next.

I always have said the next show starts as soon as the last award is given out. It takes time and effort to plan these events and it should be promoted and shared with everyone and anyone you can get on the web. To have a attitude that if you were not there we should not share is no way to grow a event. With a attitude like that why would anyone want to come?
California Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2013 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm wondering if you were in a really bad mood when you typed the response above ??? Your message to the entire Fiero Community is that if you didn't bother to attend or support, screw you we aren't going to tell you.

I have to agree with some of what others have posted, for many reasons members on this Forum were unable to participate in this event. That certainly doesn't mean that they don't support those who did, and would like to know the results of the show.
RAREW66

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2013 02:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RAREW66Click Here to visit RAREW66's HomePageSend a Private Message to RAREW66Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have just read through this thread and am not sure how to react. Simply put, my volunteer team busted A$$ the entire event to make up for the short fall in volunteers that actually did the work to make the event work. The majority of opinions here seem to be expressed from people who did not even attend or put forth some kind of effort towards lessening the burden of the people who did work this event. Some of you that posted actually gave me some headaches.

I think some of you are forgetting that the organizers of this show are from different areas of the country and exchanging items needed to complete out this show are not as simple as driving across town. I have been a part of this Fiero Community long enough to remember the days of waiting until the next issue of the national magazine came out to hear who won if you heard at all.

The one thing that is irritating me over this is that I personally have had a career opportunity that has put me in to some heavy work hours that have given me one day a week off since the middle of October last year. Most of my spare time has been devoted to the 30th Anniversary Event with out much consideration of my personal time. After all , I to am a family member, a human that needs some rest, a homeowner and hobbyist that seems to have been sidelined to work this event. I could have very easily took the attitude that I am to busy to work this event and bowed out as some of the people did that were in the decision to get this event started back in 2009. In the planning of this event a six page out line of the event was created as to how we wanted the event to progress. By the time June rolled around, a majority of it was simply not executed just to concentrate on what was important and to fulfill the contracts that have my signature on them.

So, I am working towards getting this stuff done. This small thread of minor complaints are very small in comparison to the large amount of compliments that have been sent to me from those who have attended. The forum does not see all that is going on pre or post event and believe me, I have been a busy fellow attempting to button up this event so that I can return to some kind of normalcy at the house. The most important aspect of the event to me is the cars. I spent a total of about four hours getting my cars ready for the event. Out of the five I took, three of them sat in the indoor display filthy dirty from being transported on an open trailer. Not any where near my satisfaction as to the reason we all supposedly got together for the event. Working the event absorbed more time while there than I had planned and I am very thankful for the people who worked at the event to make it happen. I have not seen a comment yet demanding a list of the volunteers who worked the 30th and sidelined their personal time to make the entire event a success by working instead of enjoying the event.

Thanks for the opinions as they have been noted. I think that the best way to express opinions is to get involved with the organization of the event and assist to make it work.

I admit this type of thread pisses me off and is a major reason I do not post much on here. It is not in my nature to be pissed, but the attitudes shown in this thread struck a nerve. I think it is a great day to go spend some time with my Fieros today and sideline the 30th Anniversary for the day instead of doing what I am supposed to do in finishing my responsibilities towards finishing off the event which does include editing the winner list.

Once again, Thank You to the participants and the volunteers. The four days of the 30th were outstanding making the effort put forth well worth the labor, or as many have said, a labor of love.

Fred
RAREW66

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2013 02:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RAREW66Click Here to visit RAREW66's HomePageSend a Private Message to RAREW66Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

RAREW66

1119 posts
Member since Jun 2001

Originally posted by olejoedad:

Any updates from the organizers as to posting the award winners?

Its been a 1 1/2 weeks since the show.

This should have been on the 30th website within 48 hours of the awards ceremony.

So what gives?

Joe, I am not what gives here , but for someone who had to bow out because you were to busy to take on the responsibility towards the event as a PR person that you initially committed to in the early organizational meetings, you sure have had time to interject plenty of negative comments towards the way the event is progressing. From registration not opening early enough to the website is lame to your opinion on the timeline as to how you think we should report on how the event went.

You of all people should know that this will get done and that we are working towards completing it.

Fred
DL10

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2013 02:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by California Kid:

I'm wondering if you were in a really bad mood when you typed the response above ??? Your message to the entire Fiero Community is that if you didn't bother to attend or support, screw you we aren't going to tell you.

I have to agree with some of what others have posted, for many reasons members on this Forum were unable to participate in this event. That certainly doesn't mean that they don't support those who did, and would like to know the results of the show.

I was in a bad mood.... I was tired off people complaining about posting the winners and the last 2 contained the :roll eyes: which I thought was disrespectful to the organizers. You can ask for the results to be posted without being condescending.

I too have owned at least one Fiero for the last 29 years. I have been to most of the major shows as well as hundreds of local shows. I know everyone can't make all the big shows but come on don't complain about how it was run or judged if you don't make the effect to be there. The worst time I have ever had at a show was when I agreed to be a judge at Wheatstock. Since then I have not volunteered to help at any show but I do make every effect to be there.
I'm all for the posting of pictures and videos of the show for those that can't be there. That way they can see what they missed and maybe make it to the next one. And it looks like Fred has said more on how I too feel.

RAREW66

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2013 02:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RAREW66Click Here to visit RAREW66's HomePageSend a Private Message to RAREW66Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Spirit,
Why did you not say something to the people who were working the event so that we could take care of the issue when it could be fixed instead of waiting until after the event and then say something? The issues that did come up during the event judging were addressed and resolved before the awards were determined for Sunday morning.

PM me your name and if possible, your car number. By no means was it any intention to skip any of the cars on the show field and to the best of my knowledge, you are the only person who stepped forward to indicate that your car was not judged. Each car that had judging completed should have an "X" marked in the "Parking Space No." box in the lower left hand corner of the window placard displayed on your windshield.

Please communicate so that I can provide some resolve.

Fred
California Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2013 03:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
DL10, thanks for the response, as it sheds a little more light on the issue.
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2013 03:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
These things you do for the love of the car and the success of the event. It normally is a place where 3% do the work and everyone else is there and just enjoy

Generally there is man hours and months of planning, No pay and few if any say thank you let alone know what you did.

I also have find there is an element at every show not just Fiero that think they can do it better but never step up.

My wife and I have worked at some of the past events in the 90's when we attended the FOCOA events as Phil often has little in the way of planning and often local clubs and volunteers had to step in to make the show work even at the last minute. My wife and two of my friends wives saved the day years ago at the Silverdome show as they had nothing laid out or planned on classes or parking. If they had not drawn it up the night before and showed up early to park the cars it would have been a cluster. No one said thanks not even Phil but the show went off well and everyone had a good time.

If you want thanks don't work a show and if you can't take complaints don't work a show.

I also have judged shows for the last 25 years. Most I do get paid for but generally after the awards you hear good and bad and you will never make everyone happy. You just have to go with the flow.

I did not know who you were or worked the event but comments like this are not needed as they can tarnish a good event on the web and give a bad impression that is not accurate of they type of people that were there.

The key to the after event here is to promote what happened in photos and awards and show people what kind of event it really was so they will want to make the cross country drive next time. Any time I do not get to one I see the photo's and people and wished I could have been there and that is what you want most to feel that were not there. If you work an event the last thing anyone needs is any negative comments from those who helped put it on.

I would like to see an event like this get even greater coverage than it does as It too often has been over looked by the Pontiac magazines in the past. I hope they had someone there.

I too would love to see a smaller gathering in conjunction with another larger Pontiac event like the Pontiac Nationals or even the Trans Am Nationals to help draw more people and coverage in between the large Fiero only events. These large meets have good press coverage and would help get us noticed better.
But that is a topic for another thread on another day.

Anyways thanks to all that work events like this as it truly is a thankless job. If the greatest complaint was that no one posted the results then you did a hell of a good job!

I wish some would look around at some of the other larger name events and just see how few cars show up at events like these. Even with less cars at Indy than Detroit you had 4 times the cars of more popular vehicles. This really was a strong event.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock