84 Fiero Sport by runforestrun
Started on: 06-29-2013 12:07 AM
Replies: 17 (315 views)
Last post by: runforestrun on 07-01-2013 10:51 PM
runforestrun

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2013 12:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for runforestrunSend a Private Message to runforestrunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I finally got my 84 Fiero Sport running. I've been rebuilding it since November of last year. My uncle bought the car new in 84. I remember riding in it when he first got the car. In 1996 the timing gear teeth all broke off. The car sat behind my grandparents garage until last November when I towed it home. After about $1800 in parts, blood, sweat, and tears ... its alive again. I will admit was a challenge without a garage or even concrete at my dad's farm. I rebuilt the motor in a mini barn in the middle of winter. Driving it home on the old curvy back roads today made it all worth while. I still have paint and a few things to go but I'm just enjoying what I've been working on the last 8 months.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Midn1ght Driv3r

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2013 12:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Midn1ght Driv3rSend a Private Message to Midn1ght Driv3rEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's always great to see when someone finally gets a project going after so long. I'm in the same boat as you pretty much, I picked up the car last August, and I just got it driving around last week. Good job on it and hope you get everything going the way you want it to now. Do you have any pictures of it?
no2pencil

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2013 06:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
wow, nicely done!!
Dotrenrew

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2013 06:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DotrenrewClick Here to visit Dotrenrew's HomePageSend a Private Message to DotrenrewEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still waiting on pics. When I first joined this forum, I was hounded to get some pics put up.
runforestrun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2013 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for runforestrunSend a Private Message to runforestrunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm new to the forum. Is there instructions on how to post pictures? I have a lot of pictures of the Fiero on my "semi" smart phone.
Dotrenrew

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2013 07:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DotrenrewClick Here to visit Dotrenrew's HomePageSend a Private Message to DotrenrewEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Click on the image poster icon on the bottom of the page and it should show you the way.
92wastheyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2013 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 92wastheyearSend a Private Message to 92wastheyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by runforestrun:

I'm new to the forum. Is there instructions on how to post pictures? I have a lot of pictures of the Fiero on my "semi" smart phone.

It is easier to do it on a computer. What I did wss set up a (free) Photo Bucket account and upload the pictures there. That will create a URL for the photo. Once you have copied the URL, just click the image button that you see when you are commenting on here ..and a little window will open with a place to paste the URL. Bingo ...pic is on PFF
runforestrun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2013 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for runforestrunSend a Private Message to runforestrunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
[IMG]http://s1303.photobucket.com/albums/ag150/runforestrun1977/? action=view¤t=CAM001 59_zpsce9c5315.jpg[/IMG]

[This message has been edited by runforestrun (edited 06-30-2013).]

runforestrun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2013 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for runforestrunSend a Private Message to runforestrunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

runforestrun

30 posts
Member since Jan 2013
[img]http://s1303.photobucket.com/albums/ag150/runforestrun1977/? action=view¤t=CAM000 03_zpse425f4d7.jpg[/img]
92wastheyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2013 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 92wastheyearSend a Private Message to 92wastheyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Weird looks ok in preview...let's see what happens when I try to post your picture.....edit: looks ok. I wonder why your pics don't show up

[This message has been edited by 92wastheyear (edited 06-30-2013).]

runforestrun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2013 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for runforestrunSend a Private Message to runforestrunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

[This message has been edited by runforestrun (edited 06-30-2013).]

PFF
System Bot
92wastheyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2013 10:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 92wastheyearSend a Private Message to 92wastheyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Me neither....this is what I do.

and

Then hit preview to see if it worked and post

no2pencil

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2013 11:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
After the .jpg, it's no longer an image & it's just a url.

Using http://mob1303.photobucket....0133_zpsead6f138.jpg

runforestrun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2013 02:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for runforestrunSend a Private Message to runforestrunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I finally got it. Here is the poor man's way of getting a motor out.
runforestrun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2013 02:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for runforestrunSend a Private Message to runforestrunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

runforestrun

30 posts
Member since Jan 2013

Homemade 4x4 engine hoist in a mini barn. I used a 8N Ford tractor to move the subframe around
crashyoung

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2013 03:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crashyoungSend a Private Message to crashyoungEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I finally got it. Here is the poor man's way of getting a motor out.

I was expecting a John Deere with a front end loader, that is how I did mine!
Black84originalowner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2013 03:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Black84originalownerSend a Private Message to Black84originalownerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
CONGRADS! IT LOOKS GREAT. Enjoy and you should be proud!
Mine now runs after a 3 year "rest", mechanicals now ok? Paint etc. now till 1st of year expecting to register with "antique" status.
runforestrun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2013 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for runforestrunSend a Private Message to runforestrunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks. I wish I would have had a front end loader. I had a homemade platform. Wheels fell off the homemade wooden dolley as I rolled it under the car. I had to line it up with a big crow bar and 2x4s. lol Its been a challenge to say the least. Next time I will have a shop and car lift. I should be good mechanical wise for awhile. It was my first complete engine rebuild. Thankfully it turned out great. A/C is next on my list. It still amazes me how many people don't know what a Fiero is. Next person who says "what is that?" I'm going to respond "A 80s Spaceship" The Fiero is not well known in backwoods Missouri.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock