ecotec swap questions by Fier-oh41229
Started on: 06-28-2013 11:47 PM
Replies: 3 (670 views)
Last post by: jsmorter on 06-30-2013 12:20 PM
Fier-oh41229

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2013 11:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fier-oh41229Send a Private Message to Fier-oh41229Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My brother has a grand am with a 2.4l ecotec engine. he wants to sell the car soon and I have seen people swap these into fieros. I do have some questions as usual.
can I use a stock fiero manual trans?
does anyone make mounting brackets and other parts you need for the swap or do you have to make them yourself?
how hard would it be to swap it into an 84 4spd?
anything I should know before considering this as an option?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
FIEROFLYER

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 180
Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2013 11:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The eco tech uses a different bell housing bolt pattern then the Fiero trannies, for mounting the eco tech Roger Thelin sells mounts and shifter adapters for the eco tech F23 that work quite well. Not sure about the computers for the eco tech on turning off unwanted codes as the last one I did used a Sunfire set up that I ended up using the Sunfire gauge cluster and radio in to make things easier. the Sunfire cluster fits nicely in the Nissan 240SX dash which does fit in the Fiero with some work. Dan
Fier-oh41229

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2013 12:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fier-oh41229Send a Private Message to Fier-oh41229Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thanks. how hard is a 3800 swap?
jsmorter

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2013 12:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jsmorterSend a Private Message to jsmorterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you are mechanically inclined it isn't bad. I did mine for less than 800 dollars not including the cost of the engine and trans. The car ran 14.50 when I was done and I now have 72000 on it since the swap. The motors are ultrareliable.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock