Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  30th attendees. Please, please, please take pics for those of us who cant be there! (Page 3)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
30th attendees. Please, please, please take pics for those of us who cant be there! by solotwo
Started on: 06-26-2013 11:57 PM
Replies: 123 (7567 views)
Last post by: GTGeff on 10-11-2013 07:35 PM
Fierfly

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2013 05:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierflySend a Private Message to FierflyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
One of my favorite pics from the 30th:

Aerodonamic

Edit: omigosh!! First page ownage!!

[This message has been edited by Fierfly (edited 07-08-2013).]

IP: Logged
blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2013 10:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Corpsmen Ed:

Me and my boys made it down to take a look. Here are some of the pics I snapped:

Sam says this is his favorite. Not surprising since yellow is his favorite color.

Texas Howdy Ed!...

Honored to have my daily driver featured in this thread of so many stunning cars.

Please tell your son Sam that I appreciate his compliment, and I enjoy his taste in Fiero's!

here is a bit more info in case he is interested... 171,xxx miles, 88 Formula with stock 2.8 motor. 17" unknown brand wheels with 12" brake rotor upgrade. originally black. painted 70's Corvette bright yellow 6 years ago. Mr.Mikes leather interior. and yes... I am serious when I say I drive it daily. Since I was on parking detail, I did not get a chance to do anything but wash it at midnight the day before we lapped Indy... but your photo makes me proud of her... dirt and all.

--- blake
mohawk guy with the ? mark goatee
Snapperhead

Feedback score:    (57)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2013 03:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SnapperheadClick Here to visit Snapperhead's HomePageSend a Private Message to SnapperheadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry all I was trying to get these up sooner but I'm still trying to learn Google+. I have more but I will start with the photos uploaded right now. Not sure if I like this Google system yet but here is some photo links.

30th Show

Indy Speedway

Thanks,

Vince

[This message has been edited by Snapperhead (edited 07-10-2013).]

TopNotch

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2013 05:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TopNotchClick Here to visit TopNotch's HomePageSend a Private Message to TopNotchEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice pictures, and a nice presentation.
(And it's a good thing that Google+ is one social media site that my work hasn't blocked yet.)
hyperv6

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2013 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It is amazing with the cars at these shows on how some are of the chart great, many are good and some are just flat odd.

The one thing I always notice is how some cars you think are perfect on the web are not so nice in person but some you may not think are all that special are amazing in person. It is always a wonder how some cars do not photo well and other photo so much better than they are.

It was a good turn out considering the price of gas and the economy. Let hope they can maintain this or increase it in the future. Most more popular models do not even get 100 cars at many of their meets.

I wish they could move the event some year to Mid Ohio or even Summit Raceway Park. There are so many cars here in Ohio Indy, MI, NY, IL and PA that I think it would be a great draw.
rpro

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2013 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Snapperbuddy. I see you were following me to the track. Man, did our leader make a bad turn or what? LOL
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2013 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I wish they could move the event some year to Mid Ohio or even Summit Raceway Park. There are so many cars here in Ohio Indy, MI, NY, IL and PA that I think it would be a great draw.

This is a GREAT IDEA!!!

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2013 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

olejoedad

18135 posts
Member since May 2004
Along the line of thinking from the post above, doesn't one of the tire retailers have a test track in northern Indiana?

That could be a sweet venue for a Fiero event.

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2013 10:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rallaster:

What's the best way to post about 180 pictures? Should I just create a public folder in my photobucket account and link that here?

Wheres your link?
FieroGTguy

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2013 12:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTguyClick Here to visit FieroGTguy's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

Along the line of thinking from the post above, doesn't one of the tire retailers have a test track in northern Indiana?

I think that might be the relatively new owner of the Putnam Raceway Park around the Anderson/Muncie area. I've heard great thing about the community (racers and spectators) that have a party tailgate session with music.

Greg

------------------

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2013 06:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rpro:

Hey Snapperbuddy. I see you were following me to the track. Man, did our leader make a bad turn or what? LOL

Thank God for GPS.
I saw Fieros making all sorts of diverse routes to the track.
Some people (*ahem*) even missed the turn into the venue.

PFF
System Bot
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2013 07:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroGTguy:

I think that might be the relatively new owner of the Putnam Raceway Park around the Anderson/Muncie area. I've heard great thing about the community (racers and spectators) that have a party tailgate session with music.

Greg

The tire retailer is Discount Tire or Tire America and the test track is in Elkhart or South Bend. It is right next to their warehouse.

It good that something else is going on down there as well.

Isnt Putnam Raceway west of Indy?

[This message has been edited by olejoedad (edited 07-12-2013).]

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2013 09:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

olejoedad

18135 posts
Member since May 2004
The tire retailer is Tire Rack.
Ry86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2013 10:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Ry86GTSend a Private Message to Ry86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Does anyone have any more pics of this car?

I didn't get to make it to the show, but the idea of adding a couple stripes has been dancing around in my brain lately and this fine person has done exactly what I was thinking that I wanted (at least from what I can see). I would be interested to see what the front end or any other angles look like if anyone has any more photos?
sadie goad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2013 03:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sadie goadSend a Private Message to sadie goadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierfly:

Aerodonamic

My car is the yellow one, and my dad's is the red spoilerles GT to farthest left. Awesome! One of the only pictures I've found our babies in!

------------------

I'm a poor post-college student because I own a Fiero and try to keep it running!

Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2013 04:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Ry86GT:

Does anyone have any more pics of this car?

I didn't get to make it to the show, but the idea of adding a couple stripes has been dancing around in my brain lately and this fine person has done exactly what I was thinking that I wanted (at least from what I can see). I would be interested to see what the front end or any other angles look like if anyone has any more photos?

I took a photo about the same angle. I also have a photo, maybe 10 years ago, taken at the Dells, same angle. It is a nicely done raised wing GT.
grsychckn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2013 09:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for grsychcknSend a Private Message to grsychcknEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Better late than never I guess. Here are some pictures a friend took. Mine is the Medium Metallic Red shown indoors (sorry I didn't get more pictures of other cars). It won 1st place in class Q (Modified Level 3) and one of the John Callies top 10 awards. Thanks Fred & volunteers for your hard work putting on a great show! If anyone wants a full-sized image, PM me with the image number (from the URL) and I'll get it to you.

30th Anniversary Fiero Show Pictures

[This message has been edited by grsychckn (edited 07-18-2013).]

grsychckn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2013 09:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for grsychcknSend a Private Message to grsychcknEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

grsychckn

645 posts
Member since May 2004
Adding some wide-angle shots inside Hall of Champions.

Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2013 11:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
30th anniversary photo CD at Indy Speedway.

CowsPatoot

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2013 01:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CowsPatootClick Here to visit CowsPatoot's HomePageSend a Private Message to CowsPatootEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanx for the info, Old Lar...
Anyone know if there is a way to do it through PayPal?
Sage

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2013 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is this the same CD that is to be mailed out to folks that bought the Collectors Guide from PV or at the show?

HAGO!
PFF
System Bot
DL10

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2013 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Sage:

Is this the same CD that is to be mailed out to folks that bought the Collectors Guide from PV or at the show?

HAGO!

No this is for track photos
solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2013 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

Tire rack
Christine

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2013 01:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ChristineSend a Private Message to ChristineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I sent my $5 to Fred, just send a 5 dollar bill and your name and address in an envelope. It is $5 not even worth writing a check for just a few cents for a stamp. I now PayPal is easier but maybe not for Fred.
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2013 12:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Aerodonamic

That is a great picture. Good to see Aerodoamic (Don Hulse) enjoying himself.

A Big, Big Thank you to all the PFF, Georgia Fiero Club, North Carolina Fiero Club and other Fiero people who made this trip possible for him.
Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2013 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So how many cars ended up attending? From the pictures seems lot less than the 25th. But it may be just a visual impression. Wish I could have been there. Thanks for sharing the photos.

------------------

Red: TPI V8 + 6-Speed White: 3800SC auto
304rwHP/366rwTQ

rpro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2013 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Alex,

264 was the official number of cars on the showfield. We missed seeing you.
vitog44

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2013 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for vitog44Send a Private Message to vitog44Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just spotted this video on the 30th anniversary on YouTube .
skuzzbomer

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2013 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by vitog44:

I stopped watching after patoot's crack... heh.

[This message has been edited by skuzzbomer (edited 07-22-2013).]

Vernon8360

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2013 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blakeinspace:

Texas Howdy Ed!...

Honored to have my daily driver featured in this thread of so many stunning cars.

Please tell your son Sam that I appreciate his compliment, and I enjoy his taste in Fiero's!

here is a bit more info in case he is interested... 171,xxx miles, 88 Formula with stock 2.8 motor. 17" unknown brand wheels with 12" brake rotor upgrade. originally black. painted 70's Corvette bright yellow 6 years ago. Mr.Mikes leather interior. and yes... I am serious when I say I drive it daily. Since I was on parking detail, I did not get a chance to do anything but wash it at midnight the day before we lapped Indy... but your photo makes me proud of her... dirt and all.

--- blake
mohawk guy with the ? mark goatee

The main reason that car is so magnificent, is that Blake, religiously uses a specially formulated, automotive midnight car wash soap, imported from Pennsylvania. An old family formula only provided to the owners of tastefully modified Texas Fieros painted yellow and who must also enjoy high end, homemade Root Beer. Glad to have shared that brew with you guys!

------------------
1988 GT
Medium Red Metallic
Manual, Gray Leather
K Beck LEDs & StuWipes

CowsPatoot

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2013 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CowsPatootClick Here to visit CowsPatoot's HomePageSend a Private Message to CowsPatootEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by skuzzbomer:

I stopped watching after patoot's crack... heh.

Did you go completely blind, or did you recover? I would like to thank the person that filmed that for showing my best side....and I question the value of my friends that didn't inform me of that situation.
PFF
System Bot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2013 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by vitog44:

Looks like this vid was shot during non-show hours, mostly after the show. Good stuff though. Thanks for posting.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2013 12:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

43225 posts
Member since May 2007
Another vid I found

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2013 12:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

43225 posts
Member since May 2007
Found another :coming off the track

skuzzbomer

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2013 07:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CowsPatoot:

Did you go completely blind, or did you recover? I would like to thank the person that filmed that for showing my best side....and I question the value of my friends that didn't inform me of that situation.

I actually laughed pretty hard... and I'm sorry nobody said anything but it is pretty amusing nonetheless. I would've pointed it out but I hardly imagine it's the first time anyone has gotten that view anyway.
rpro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2013 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Found another :coming off the track

I rumbled in at the 12:54 mark. Thanks for posting this.
fierogtlt1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2013 11:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Old Lar:

Inside cars so far.

interior of blue PPG car.

This is how I am mocking up round A/C vents like these gauges,then moving the extra GT gauges down to where the vents were.
Fieromaineac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2013 05:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromaineacSend a Private Message to FieromaineacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Aerodonamic

Who's Corson was at the 30th?
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2013 02:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ok so i am a little late in posting pics,......geez it's only been like a month,..give a guy a break.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2013 02:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

exoticse

8650 posts
Member since Jun 2003

Ouch.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors