Started on: 06-24-2013 08:01 PM
Replies: 18 (1231 views)
Last post by: joshua riedl on 06-30-2013 04:11 AM
BV MotorSports

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 189
Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2013 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am trying to see what you all are doing for additional gauges. Pods, panels, stand alone, & full replacement. I want to see what ya got!

------------------
2009 G8 GT Kook's 1 3/4 LT's, Kooks catted Xpipe, Magnaflow axleback, Vararam CAI, HSRK, HPTuners, Atari gauges

1988 Fiero GT L67, PT67bb, w2a, F23, & more

1987 Fiero GT 3.4TDC Road Racer.

ƒ13r0'$ rµ£3

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2013 05:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
VDO Cockpit Series gauges.

Nelson

[This message has been edited by hnthomps (edited 06-25-2013).]

BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2013 11:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can you read your pillar gauges during the day? Both mine are digital and wash out.

p.s. That interior is amazing. Amida I imagine?
sco77

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2013 01:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sco77Send a Private Message to sco77Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BV MotorSports:

Can you read your pillar gauges during the day? Both mine are digital and wash out.

I don't have one in fiero but I had the digital aeroforce gauges in another car and I could see them fine in the light.. The one thing to watch out for is if its a daily driver that gets parked in the sun, that area can reach 120+ and the LCD on them wont work in that heat, and will eventually kill them.

------------------
86 Fiero GT 4spd - (pending L67 swap: VS cam, GenV) Build Progress eta: 8/13
98 GTP - Some mods

BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2013 03:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sco77:

I don't have one in fiero but I had the digital aeroforce gauges in another car and I could see them fine in the light.. The one thing to watch out for is if its a daily driver that gets parked in the sun, that area can reach 120+ and the LCD on them wont work in that heat, and will eventually kill them.

That is the exact gauge I have and a LC1 wbo2. I cant read either during the day. Drives me nuts! I dont know if the aux pod location would be any better for aftermarket gauges. I ordered a few different pods, I dont like any of them now that I have them in hand. There is one that I might be able to use. However, I would prefer to put the gauges in the aux pod and get some of those hoods or the little plastic cup that turns the gauge a few degrees toward the driver.
mafv8

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2013 06:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mafv8Send a Private Message to mafv8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
here is mine using Autometer Sport comp gauges, repositioned the speedo and rev counter in the middle for easier viewing, and then 3 gauges in the center console.

------------------
84SE, aero body, 4 speed and an injected 355 V8

BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2013 06:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2013 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BV MotorSports

4821 posts
Member since May 2001
MafV8- I really like your main gauges. Difficult to do?

[This message has been edited by BV MotorSports (edited 06-25-2013).]

mafv8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2013 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mafv8Send a Private Message to mafv8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

MafV8- I really like your main gauges. Difficult to do?

Not difficult but fiddly, I soldered leads to the circuit board, to wire up the gauges, also had to space the new faceplate from the cluster a little due to the depth of the gauges, also mods to the cluster housing for the same reason.
hnthomps

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2013 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You are correct that this is one of Amida's F355 interiors. My A pillar gauges are readable in daylight and the aeroforce gauge allows you to do a reverse background if you desire. The other is an analog fuel/air ration gauge and is easy to read in the daytime. I actually have more trouble seeing the center console gauges but this is because of the pop out 7" screen on the head unit. It partially blocks the clock, fuel gauge, etc. but I can either make the screen project a bit further out or fold it up to see these gauges.

Nelson

hnthomps

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2013 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

hnthomps

5729 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by mafv8:

here is mine using Autometer Sport comp gauges, repositioned the speedo and rev counter in the middle for easier viewing, and then 3 gauges in the center console.

Slight hijack but is that cabled gauge a Commander fuel control/tuning assembly? If you have some paperwork on how they function it would be useful to me since I am just learning about this device. I have one on my fuel injected 383 and obviously need some tuning.

Nelson
PFF
System Bot
FFIEROFRED

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2013 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FFIEROFREDSend a Private Message to FFIEROFREDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can finaly see mine at night. and they read right with the 4T60-E and V8. TCI trans controler drives the speedo.
jaredmurray88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2013 11:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaredmurray88Send a Private Message to jaredmurray88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

define aftermarket lmao. Thank you again eddie! Just add a blue digi tach in the lower left corner that I scored from fleabay. Awesomesauce if I do say so myself.

[This message has been edited by jaredmurray88 (edited 06-26-2013).]

mafv8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2013 06:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mafv8Send a Private Message to mafv8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hnthomps:

Slight hijack but is that cabled gauge a Commander fuel control/tuning assembly? If you have some paperwork on how they function it would be useful to me since I am just learning about this device. I have one on my fuel injected 383 and obviously need some tuning.

Nelson

Nelson,

its the program module for a FAST EZI-EFI system that I recently installed on my Edelbrock Pro-flo injection system, so much easier than the old Edelbrock control unit, the Fast unit is self-learning and so far its learning well.

Mike
IFLYR22

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2013 11:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IFLYR22Send a Private Message to IFLYR22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Francis T

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2013 12:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
In bullets: manifold/boost, exhaust temp, volts, oil pressure and under dash on passenger side almost hidden from view, the stock GT gauge panel. I kept it whereas it simplified wiring and let me maintain idiot lights for volts and oil and nutin wrong with a lil key gauge redundancy.
BTW: the toggle with cover is for putting the engine maintenance mod -error code checks etc- the the toggles are- intercooler fan, radiator fan relay by-pass, and deck lid extractor fan.

------------------

trueleo.com
RSpiderII@aol.com

randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2013 04:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All SpeedHut Gages with a custom cut polycarbonate Main I.P. panel and a purchased aluminum Aux. gage mounting panel.
LED warning lights.
All gages are programmable and have a "sweep and reset" feature at start-up of the car.
("sweep & reset" feature is not standard on SpeedHut gages, but they will add it on special request)

------------------

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 06-29-2013).]

BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2013 02:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
^^^ Hands down, best I've seen in a Fiero. WOW!
joshua riedl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2013 04:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for joshua riedlSend a Private Message to joshua riedlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock