Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  1988 Concept 2000 GT is a Fiero Fanboy Dreamboat ?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
1988 Concept 2000 GT is a Fiero Fanboy Dreamboat ? by CoolBlue87GT
Started on: 06-21-2013 10:46 PM
Replies: 35 (2170 views)
Last post by: Carver1 on 08-22-2013 09:31 AM
CoolBlue87GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2013 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Found this at http://www.carbuzz.com/news...y-Dreamboat-7714924/

I've never heard of it.

1988 Concept 2000 GT is a Fiero Fanboy Dreamboat

An over-the-top concept leftover from the Eighties is some Fiero fanboy's dream ride. The old Pontiac Fiero was always a bit of a let-down. It was weak on power and even worse on quality. Yet it still has a devout following even to this day. Those Fiero fans will undoubtedly find themselves drooling a bit over this: a 1988 Concept 2000 GT. Supposedly it was a GM prototype of some sort that never made it to production. Or it’s simply a kit car, though its eBay seller denies that. Power comes from a twin-turbo V6 that’s paired to a six-speed manual. It’s also street legal with only 16,000 miles on the odometer.

We’ll admit that before today we’ve never heard of such a GM prototype, but it’s very clear that its guts come from the Fiero. Hell, even the interior layout is nearly the same. What we dig about it is its distinct Eighties styling, kind of like something that would be featured in a "Robocop" film. And for $22,000 it can be all yours.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
mrfred8

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2013 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot...61f1f#ht_1084wt_1165

Interesting, I highly doubt that GM had anything to do with it besides the donor Fiero.

here is some more info: looks like it was for sale in 2006 as a 1986 Pontiac
http://www.gmforum.com/ebay...cept-2000-gt-229603/

and more information that states it was a kit
http://www.cardomain.com/ri.../1987-pontiac-fiero/

[This message has been edited by mrfred8 (edited 06-21-2013).]

skuzzbomer

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2013 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The article lists a 6 speed... and two turbos. I see an automatic and count just one visible snail. The author needs a bit of help.

Also, we've been over this kit before. I think "prototype" was in the name so people got them confused with some kind of actual test mule. I hate that giant mirror thing.
mmeyer86gt/gtp

Feedback score:    (161)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2013 11:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
it is called the patriot and was made in lompoc, ca
Dotrenrew

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2013 12:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DotrenrewClick Here to visit Dotrenrew's HomePageSend a Private Message to DotrenrewEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[B] I hate that giant mirror thing.

I hate the rear window louvers and rims and body lines and headlights and exhaust tail pipes and......

I don't think I would pi** on this car if it were on fire. IMO
Jfrost

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2013 12:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JfrostSend a Private Message to JfrostEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Only nice feature is the louvers on the hood, otherwise just an over the top design.
BV MotorSports

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 189
Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2013 02:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
One of the ugliest cars I have ever seen. Its not a coherent design by any stretch. 1/10
SCCA FIERO

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2013 02:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SCCA FIEROSend a Private Message to SCCA FIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mmeyer86gt/gtp:

Nope
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_DdoZHnfBA
jb1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2013 03:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jb1Send a Private Message to jb1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mmeyer86gt/gtp:

here is the Corbett Patriot

robiwon1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2013 07:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for robiwon1Send a Private Message to robiwon1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Definitely not one of the best rebodies out there. Too many exaggerated design elements. The whole front end is so huge the front tires look tiny and lost! They combined a Vector rear end with 3rd Gen Camaro fenders and added as many louvers as they could fit. I also love how these other car sites have no clue what the Hell they are talking about. Dweebs!
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2013 08:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I remember this one. It is not age well with time.

It kind of looks like one of those cars from a movie in the future Stalone or Arnold did in the 80's. It has that Total Recall or Judd Dredd look about it.

So many of the cars from the 80's and the kits just did not hold up well over time.

The Stock Fiero Coupe at Fastback both have aged well. I get shocked how many people do not realize my car is over 25 years old.

It has no connection to GM and was just a rebody car.

Keep in mind back when this was built the tires were not all that big. 16" were big and 17" were monsters and wheels that Fit the Fiero in the 80's were limited and or expensive. The Positive offset wheels were limited back then unless you paid a lot of money.

Yes the Patriot was a whole different car.

[This message has been edited by hyperv6 (edited 06-22-2013).]

PFF
System Bot
FieroFanatic13

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2013 10:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFanatic13Send a Private Message to FieroFanatic13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hyperv6:

I remember it as well. Just a rebody. I've seen a brochure from the company somewhere on-line as well. At one time I even had one of those sets of "cards" where they had a car featured on each card and this ugly beast was one of them, lol...

EDIT: Found one.
http://imageshack.us/a/img2...magarticlepg18ka.jpg

[This message has been edited by FieroFanatic13 (edited 06-22-2013).]

no2pencil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2013 10:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The old Pontiac Fiero was always a bit of a let-down. It was weak on power and even worse on quality. Yet it still has a devout following even to this day.

Sounds like the author doesn't really know or understand the subject. "It's crap, & yet they like it, not sure why"
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2013 11:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by no2pencil:

Sounds like the author doesn't really know or understand the subject. "It's crap, & yet they like it, not sure why"

I don't know about that as we put up with the weak power and the few quality issues and we like it.

God knows the British sports car fans are even deeper in this pool.

Sourmug

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2013 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I think the rear quarter and the doors look interesting. The front end and the mirrors however....
robiwon1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2013 07:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for robiwon1Send a Private Message to robiwon1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The only rebody on a Fiero that looks decent from the 80's was the 308.
DKFiero

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-23-2013 08:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DKFieroSend a Private Message to DKFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Sourmug:

I think the rear quarter and the doors look interesting. The front end and the mirrors however....

I concur, the mirrors look like they are a spin-off of the 4th gen Camaro
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2013 08:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nose it too long

The mirrors are over done

The nose is a mess and looks like a true kit car taking the easy way out

I am not sure the wheels are all that small as the nose is so thick.

The rear end looks way over done on the lower side but the top is not so bad.

The Quarter panel and the intake look great .

The louvered window look good but how much does it affect visibility.

But with all that this is hind sight thinking as this car was done years ago when this kind over done styling was the trend. The 80's and early 90's has many over done projects applied to not only the Fiero but Camaro and Trans Am.

In Time many have learned less is more.
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2013 09:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very bulky design. Actually its hideous looking

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Powerlog manifold, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Flotech Afterburner Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

motoracer838

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2013 05:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hyperv6:

Hell, it didn't look god when new.

Joe
Khw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2013 05:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DKFiero:

I concur, the mirrors look like they are a spin-off of the 4th gen Camaro

I never understand this. How could they possibly be a spin of from the 4th gen Camaro, when the 4th gen Camaro didn't come in to production until 5 years after the Fiero went out of production?

Had you said 1st gen Probe, that would at least be a little closer as it came in to production the year after the Fiero went out.

[This message has been edited by Khw (edited 06-23-2013).]

PFF
System Bot
92wastheyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2013 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 92wastheyearSend a Private Message to 92wastheyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"Probe": Worst car name ever?......GO!
Khw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2013 12:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 92wastheyear:

"Probe": Worst car name ever?......GO!

Aww, cmo'n! Ford has some of the best car names for the anal game... You know the one where you put anal before the car name?

Anal Probe.
Anal Explorer.
Anal Expedition.
Anal Excursion.
92wastheyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2013 12:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 92wastheyearSend a Private Message to 92wastheyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Khw:

Aww, cmo'n! Ford has some of the best car names for the anal game... You know the one where you put anal before the car name?

Anal Probe.
Anal Explorer.
Anal Expedition.
Anal Excursion.

"Khw": Worst car name game ever?......GO! ; > )
Khw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2013 01:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 92wastheyear:
"Khw": Worst car name game ever?......GO! ; > )

Brat maybe?
PatrickTRoof

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2013 01:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickTRoofSend a Private Message to PatrickTRoofEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yo dawg, I heard you like louvres, so I put some louvres on your louvres so you can louvre while you louvre.

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2013 01:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The angle it looks decent at (and color):

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 06-24-2013).]

Formula88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2013 02:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It looks like an 80's version of what a 21st century car might look like. Ugly.
GADJet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2013 02:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GADJetSend a Private Message to GADJetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Anal Probe.
Anal Explorer.
Anal Expedition.
Anal Excursion.

I always said
SEXPLORER
SEXPEDITION
SEXCURSION

Ford really lost the naming game for sure!

qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2013 03:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to 1992.
CoolBlue87GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2013 01:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Now on ebay, AutoBlog now has written about this car , using the same photos.

http://www.autoblog.com/201...ased-concept-2000-gt

[This message has been edited by CoolBlue87GT (edited 08-21-2013).]

PFF
System Bot
Dburger

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-21-2013 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DburgerSend a Private Message to DburgerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I still like the design, a lot.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2013 07:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Anal Probe.
Anal Explorer.
Anal Expedition.
Anal Excursion.

Anal Focus.
Anal Fiesta.
Anal Ranger.

Edit - Anal Super Duty

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 08-21-2013).]

solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2013 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BV MotorSports:

One of the ugliest cars I have ever seen. Its not a coherent design by any stretch. 1/10

Wrong! The Juke is UGLIER.
thesameguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2013 02:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for thesameguySend a Private Message to thesameguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You guys are nuts. Clearly ChryCo has the worst names....although they do tell a story...

I was out for Anal Conquest. I met an Anal Wrangler. I gave her an Anal Charger, and then she got an Anal Breeze.

I'd kill to go on a sexpedition. Haven't done that in years.
Carver1

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2013 09:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Carver1Send a Private Message to Carver1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This went in a weird direction!
Here is one for sale.
http://albuquerque.craigsli.../cto/3993703038.html

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock