Started on: 05-04-2013 08:43 AM
Replies: 14 (732 views)
Last post by: solotwo on 03-25-2014 08:24 PM
solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2013 08:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yep just stopped. Waited two hours on busy north bound 131 for a wrecker. The first wrecker company my insurance company called took forever so I canceled them. Boy some people drive like idiots, I managed to get the car to the side of the expressway. Not much room with guardrails there. The wrecker driver had to wait as stupid drivers would not move over so he could hook up chains. I got home and finally had diner at 10:00 PM. At least the wrecker driver/owner was pleasant to talk with. He had owned way back a long time ago a Fiero with a V8 that Archie installed. Scott the driver likes to talk about cars,So the ride home was not bad. For those in the Grand Rapids metro area call Rapid towing and ask for Scott the owner. He knows Fieros, transports expensive exotic sports cars for the car place on 44th St. (forgot the name).

So now this morning I have to get up some energy and go work on the car. Or just sell it.

[This message has been edited by solotwo (edited 05-04-2013).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
batousai666

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2013 08:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
man.....that sucks.
hope you get it figured out. good luck
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2013 09:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by batousai666:

man.....that sucks.
hope you get it figured out. good luck

Fuel delivery problem. I am hoping it is the fuel filter. As I was waiting for the wrecker- 2 hours- I had time to let it set for a bit and then start it. In one segment I had it running for close to half an hour idling and revving it up. So I decided to try to get home and as I was waiting for stupid drivers to move over so I could get on the x-way, the damned thing killed again.

I will try the fuel filter first. In the notes I got from Jesse the PO, supposedly he installed a TRE HP fuel pump. Whatever that is. So that should only be a year old. I dont really feel like doing a fuel pump. I still have to address the miss that more than likely is from the bad spark plug wires - MSD that were installed. I still cant believe the PO wrapped the wires together- the fronts together and the rears together with electrical tape. If that really worked all the new vehicle manufactures would have done that. Oh well more crap.

Steve

Old Lar

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2013 09:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The last time (and first time) my 87 died I was on I-80 east of Des Moines and waited three hours for the AAA tow truck to come. The driver, when we unloaded the car and tried to restart said it sounded like an ignition problem. I had all the parts with me and found that the rotor had broken, so it was a 20 minute fix, replacing the rotor and distributor cap.. At least the engine was cool so easy to fix.
FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2013 10:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That sucks! If I was closer I'd help you out.
Flux

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2013 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FluxSend a Private Message to FluxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
if it doesn't start, check the tachometer for movement when you are cranking the engine. if it does not move, you have a faulty ICM
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2013 04:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I installed a new fuel filter this weekend and drove it to work today. So far so good. I think the problem is two fold. 1. Fuel filter was dirty. 2. I think when I hit that steel piece in the road earlier in the week it hit the tank and jarred something loose in the tank, like the little rubber hose or the fuel pick up.
Lastly the gauge is off, but it was registering between 3/4 & 1/2.

Time will tell.

Thanks for your input!

Steve

[This message has been edited by solotwo (edited 05-06-2013).]

solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2013 09:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Drove over 100 miles no problem so far. Fuel mileage has improved 2 mpg. Wow fuel filter must have been dirty.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2013 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you have the V6, I strongly suggest you keep a spare ignition module and tool to swap it in a ziplock bag at all times. They notoriously fail without warning. Those were the only cause of breakdowns I had in 100K. Running out of gas dont count
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2013 11:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have the 3800 V6. Does that apply to it also?
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2013 12:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So far since the break down and replacement of the fuel filter it has been running ok.
PFF
System Bot
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2014 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Broke down again 6 months later
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2014 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
batousai666

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2014 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
by my Math its closer to a year......did it break again?? hope not.
this year we need to run the roads togeather so fix it.
I will fix mine soon too....as soon as these lake effect snow squalls end for the season
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2014 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No happened this past fall and I was going through old posts and decided to add the comment. It has been running ok this winter to work and back but that is like 10 miles one way. It is missing a little( when pushing the pedal to the floor) and has other issues but it runs. And now that I installed a 195 thermostat it has real good heat & the mileage improved by at least 3 mpg.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock