OEM Glovebox???? by tntcary
Started on: 04-30-2013 09:54 PM
Replies: 34 (1763 views)
Last post by: TXGOOD on 01-28-2014 07:21 PM
tntcary

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2013 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tntcarySend a Private Message to tntcaryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Was there ever a factory option for a Glove Box in place of Map Pocket on passenger side dash???? I have always been told no, but a member here says there was an option from GM for a Glove Box.

If it was a Factory Option please post info here. Thanks y'all!!!! I MUST know

------------------
Put the blow torch down please, its just a Fiero.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2013 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don`t know about from the factory but I make one that people have said it looks like factory.

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2013 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tntcary:

Was there ever a factory option for a Glove Box in place of Map Pocket on passenger side dash????

No. They are all aftermarket.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2013 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

No. They are all aftermarket.

Troof.

Never came with one. There were several different designs of map pockets, however.
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2013 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If there was one it wouldn't be as good as TXGoods!!! I put one in the GBCT and it is awesome!
coady

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2013 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for coadySend a Private Message to coadyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
TXGood has the very best glove box as well as cup holder that is made for our sweet little cars. anyone would be proud and lucky to have his workmanship in their car. you should really look into it.
tntcary

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2013 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tntcarySend a Private Message to tntcaryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok thanks you guys. I was positive it didn't, but just wanted to double check with y'all.

And TXGOODs glove box is BOSS ! Great work!!!!

------------------

87GT2M6

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2013 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GT2M6Send a Private Message to 87GT2M6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was almost 100 percent positive that there was an oem factory glovebox, I guess I was wrong.

This is another aftermarket one but modded from the one that I thought was oem.

87GT2M6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2013 11:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GT2M6Send a Private Message to 87GT2M6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

87GT2M6

1297 posts
Member since Jan 2008
now that I know, I have to agree TXGOODs glove box is the smart choice.

live and learn.
tntcary

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2013 12:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tntcarySend a Private Message to tntcaryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 87GT2M6:

now that I know.....

live and learn.

Bahahahah BAM ! Just joking

I was hoping I was wrong so I could learn a 2nd thing for the day. I had no bloody clue there was a darker beachwood in 88 Fieros. I just never paid attention that the inner door skins in 88s are so much darker then the usual tan in pre 88s. Now thats cool.
I was like nawwww, and then oh my B.

------------------

[This message has been edited by tntcary (edited 05-01-2013).]

Fiero84Freak

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2013 12:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero84FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero84FreakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As mentioned above, the correct answer is that at no point during the Fiero's life did any sort of OEM / factory glove box appear in the map pocket area.

However, the actual map pocket area itself saw quite a lot of revisions and versions. There is just the simple panel with nothing there, a sling-type pocket that can barely hold a bubble gum wrapper (this is the item where the term map pocket originally emerged for the Fiero), an actual side-ways odd pocket attached to the far passenger-side that gave more space to hold things but really didn't do well either because the opening was horizontal, and then the general pocket many Fiero owners are familiar with that eventually appeared in higher trim cars that had a few variances in overall appearance.

There was also talk of a sort of trip computer to be placed in this area. Some older factory wiring diagrams actually even list the wiring schematics and RPO the trip computer would have carried. Additionally, some owners of '85 and early '86 build cars have reported here on PFF that they have actually found the wiring for the computer tucked under their dashes as some cars by this time were being prepped for the option.
PFF
System Bot
Khw

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2013 12:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 87GT2M6:

I was almost 100 percent positive that there was an oem factory glovebox, I guess I was wrong.

I will say there was one aftermarket glovebox I have seen that looks like something GM would have included as a stock option even though it wasn't. It just had that 80's look like it belonged there and was made of the same kind of materials the dash was. I could see the confusion when it comes to that glovebox.

[This message has been edited by Khw (edited 05-01-2013).]

hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2013 06:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Khw:

I will say there was one aftermarket glovebox I have seen that looks like something GM would have included as a stock option even though it wasn't. It just had that 80's look like it belonged there and was made of the same kind of materials the dash was. I could see the confusion when it comes to that glovebox.

I have this one and it uses the latch from the center console. It does look factory but was just aftermarket. It was also reproduced by someone else later but I am not sure if it is still in production. They pop up once in a great while on E bay.

No one has very considered mine as a aftermarket unless they know better that there was no OE box.
87GT2M6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2013 08:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GT2M6Send a Private Message to 87GT2M6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hyperv6 could you post pictures of your glove box for us to see.
infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2013 08:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by infinitewill (edited 01-01-2016).]

fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2013 09:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Khw:

Originally posted by infinitewill:

Paulv is reproducing the "factory looking" piece, he has a thread in the Mall.

My GT has one of the “original” aftermarket gloveboxes available from the Fiero Store and other Fiero vendors in the late 80’s.
It was the first thing I installed when I got my Fiero. VERY handy to have.

Paul is reproducing them now. See here: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/061230.html

------------------
My World of Wheels Winners (Click on links below)

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT and Super Duty 4 Indy #163
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2013 04:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's quite possible some aftermarket glove boxes were installed in new cars by the dealer if they were available at that time.
It's not "factory" or "OEM" but it may have been bought new with one.
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2013 05:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I guess I need to take a better photo. I don't see a better one on the computer. At lest it give you an idea. The emblem is a GM Performance Division plate that I added. They sell them at the dealers and it is the same one that was on my HHR SS.

[This message has been edited by hyperv6 (edited 05-01-2013).]

fieroseblack

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2013 10:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroseblackSend a Private Message to fieroseblackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is another Mike Good's in the DARKWING. The quality is second to none and the fit is great. This looks like in came with the car.

DARKWING
Mike Parker
dajack761

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2013 11:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dajack761Send a Private Message to dajack761Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TXGOOD:

I don`t know about from the factory but I make one that people have said it looks like factory.

Awesome! That would look perfect in my car!!! Is that the color scheme for the 88 GT? Do you still make these?

[This message has been edited by dajack761 (edited 05-02-2013).]

TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2013 11:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, I still make them.
The one shown is in my 88GT Beechwood.
They are 150.00 which includes shipping to the lower 48.
There are three different latches available.
The pushbutton shown, a turn latch and a flush latch.
Mike
PFF
System Bot
trivet

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2013 11:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for trivetSend a Private Message to trivetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not that he needs another endoresment, but TXGOOD's products are INCREDIBLE. The glovebox looks like it came with the car, his cupholder does as well, and it's well worth it. Easy to install, great form AND function. I get lots of compliments on my cars interior, from both Fiero owners and non-Fiero owners.

Summary: If your thinking about getting any of TXGOODS products, do it. The only regret you'll have is you didn't do it sooner.

------------------
Tim
'87 GT Auto
Med Red Metallic
78K miles
Bay City, MI

Frizlefrak

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2013 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The factory couldn't have built one as good as a certain Texan did.

{another shameless TXGOOD endorsement}
dajack761

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2013 04:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dajack761Send a Private Message to dajack761Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yes, I still make them.
The one shown is in my 88GT Beechwood.
They are 150.00 which includes shipping to the lower 48.
There are three different latches available.
The pushbutton shown, a turn latch and a flush latch.
Mike

I'm sold! Mike, you have a pm!
Doober

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2013 05:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DooberSend a Private Message to DooberEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Could you post a pic of the other two available latches?
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2013 05:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by TXGOOD (edited 05-02-2013).]

tntcary

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2013 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tntcarySend a Private Message to tntcaryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Just Flawless!!!!!
I shall be ordering quite soon, Amazing quality to see in person.

------------------

janimerfroh

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2014 10:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for janimerfrohSend a Private Message to janimerfrohEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How can I order one?
n7vrz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2014 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for n7vrzSend a Private Message to n7vrzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by janimerfroh:

How can I order one?

By sending a PM to TXGOOD.
Macs86GT

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2014 08:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Macs86GTSend a Private Message to Macs86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Txgoods glove box really classes up the interior. It fills that open unused space so well.
janimerfroh

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2014 01:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for janimerfrohSend a Private Message to janimerfrohEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I sent a PM to TXGOOD. Just waiting to here back.
PFF
System Bot
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2014 03:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by janimerfroh:

I sent a PM to TXGOOD. Just waiting to here back.

I PMed you back on Sunday night.
Mike
janimerfroh

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2014 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for janimerfrohSend a Private Message to janimerfrohEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Mike. Sorry, I don't think I got it. I'm new to the site so still learning how to use it.
janimerfroh

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2014 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for janimerfrohSend a Private Message to janimerfrohEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

janimerfroh

8 posts
Member since Dec 2013
I figured it out. I did get it. Thanks Mike. All is good.
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2014 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That`s ok, I had to check to make sure I actually sent it.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock