Speedhut Guage overlays by jb1
Started on: 04-08-2013 03:58 AM
Replies: 9 (533 views)
Last post by: Steven Snyder on 03-31-2014 04:27 PM
jb1

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2013 03:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jb1Send a Private Message to jb1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am sure it has been posted or everyone but me knew this, but anyways..
Speedhut has the fiero white guage overlays back up on their site. I am sure it is from responce of people on this forum..
http://www.speedhut.com/eco.../Fiero-custom-dials-

------------------

87 GT
series 1 3800sc (7.597 @88.53 1.579 60ft)
(series II swap in progress)
85GT Northstar
86GT 3800 n/a

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
87 Pegasus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2013 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87 PegasusSend a Private Message to 87 PegasusEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Currently working on installing the gauges into mine. Just about 3/4 done redoing the needles as well while everything is out.

Looking pretty sharp. I will post pictures when completed.

Mike
My87gt

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2013 01:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for My87gtClick Here to visit My87gt's HomePageSend a Private Message to My87gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can you let me know if they make a humming sound when they are turned on after you install them? I had a set about 9 years ago and they made a sound when they were on like an electrical hum.
Dave E Bouy

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2013 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dave E BouySend a Private Message to Dave E BouyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have speedhut overlays in my car and I love em. They don't make any noise that I've noticed. I did have a set once I bought on ebay (not speedhut) and they made a faint high pitched whine when you turned them on but was not noticeable when the car was running.

DF
Boostdreamer

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2013 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are they stickers?

Jonathan
87 Pegasus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2013 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87 PegasusSend a Private Message to 87 PegasusEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by My87gt:

Can you let me know if they make a humming sound when they are turned on after you install them? I had a set about 9 years ago and they made a sound when they were on like an electrical hum.

Yep I have a small humming when they are on glow and not backlight. I have not heard back from them on why it does that.

Originally posted by Boostdreamer:

Are they stickers?

Jonathan

No they are overlays with a glow backing. They are placed over the current gauges with double sided tape. You have to remove the needles to put the over lays on. I will post pictures when I have everything set up.

Mike

[This message has been edited by 87 Pegasus (edited 04-09-2013).]

Kitskaboodle

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2013 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KitskaboodleSend a Private Message to KitskaboodleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't recall mine ever making any noise either. Perhaps the humming is coming from the potentiometer assembly? (the one that adjusts light output)
Kit
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2013 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just to clarify what a lot of people think....you do NOT need to remove the needles to install these. If you do, good luck getting an accurate placement of the needles afterwards. Here is a thread that I created about installing these:
//www.fiero.nl/forum/A...110502-1-079644.html
Rare87GT

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 173
Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2013 11:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So do you have to email SpeedHut now? You used to be able to customize them on their site?

------------------

Steven Snyder

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 106
Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2014 04:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Steven SnyderClick Here to visit Steven Snyder's HomePageSend a Private Message to Steven SnyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rare87GT:

So do you have to email SpeedHut now? You used to be able to customize them on their site?

You do have to call them now to customize the Fiero overlays.

At least they are offering them for sale again! (and for that I bump this thread!)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock