Started on: 02-26-2013 01:09 PM
Replies: 99 (1969 views)
Last post by: Old Lar on 07-10-2013 11:03 PM
J Gunsett

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2013 09:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for J GunsettClick Here to visit J Gunsett's HomePageSend a Private Message to J GunsettEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
See you in Birmingham, AL.

Jack
IP: Logged
Rare87GT

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 173
Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2013 07:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you go through Iuka, MS, there will be a banner at the local Sonic there for the Power Tour. Maybe one of you guys can snap a photo of it while you're there. My work designed this for their banner the Sonic requested as we do work for a lot of restaurants.

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

------------------

Super Duty Critter

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2013 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Super Duty CritterClick Here to visit Super Duty Critter's HomePageSend a Private Message to Super Duty CritterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We're home now.

What do you say about Hot Rod Power Tour that hasn't been said before? Adjectives don't seem to do it justice. The description of "the world's largest rolling car show" seems inadequate in so many ways.

What words can't describe is the hours spent wandering around parking lots full of incredible automotive art that's owned by some of the nicest people on the the planet who like nothing better than to visit. And I can't explain how many times that conversation goes from talking about a car to where a person lives, what kind of food they like and suddenly you're looking at each other's photos of children or grandchildren.

It really is more about the people than the event or the cars. But the cars are the focal point. Whether showing or driving, and the best part is that 99 percent of them are driven. They are the point of interest that starts the conversation. I cruised in a line of hundreds of cars today where everyone had a grin on their face and hand out the window to wave at the bystanders in the towns we passed through.

And finding that open stretch of road where you can air out a strong car with a friend makes it that much more fun. Or dropping the hammer at a stop light for just a little bit to give those kids on the sidewalk a taste of what it was like back when we were kids is always good.

I could ramble on for a long time but I won't bore you all. I'm just want to say, if you haven't, do it once.
Rare87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2013 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Super Duty Critter:

We're home now.

What do you say about Hot Rod Power Tour that hasn't been said before? Adjectives don't seem to do it justice. The description of "the world's largest rolling car show" seems inadequate in so many ways.

What words can't describe is the hours spent wandering around parking lots full of incredible automotive art that's owned by some of the nicest people on the the planet who like nothing better than to visit. And I can't explain how many times that conversation goes from talking about a car to where a person lives, what kind of food they like and suddenly you're looking at each other's photos of children or grandchildren.

It really is more about the people than the event or the cars. But the cars are the focal point. Whether showing or driving, and the best part is that 99 percent of them are driven. They are the point of interest that starts the conversation. I cruised in a line of hundreds of cars today where everyone had a grin on their face and hand out the window to wave at the bystanders in the towns we passed through.

And finding that open stretch of road where you can air out a strong car with a friend makes it that much more fun. Or dropping the hammer at a stop light for just a little bit to give those kids on the sidewalk a taste of what it was like back when we were kids is always good.

I could ramble on for a long time but I won't bore you all. I'm just want to say, if you haven't, do it once.

100% agree on everything you said! When I did it back in 2002, it was amazing. I can't imagine how fun it would be now that I'm in my 30's and much much more aware and grown up to understand how cool it all is!

I will definitely do it again soon!! I went last year, but for 1 day it doesn't do justice. I want to do the long haul again as it was amazing to say the least!
Phil

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2013 12:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilSend a Private Message to PhilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Now you know why Phil has gone on 13 Power Tours 12 of them Long Hauls and I've gone on 9 or 10. We've met so many people over the years. People we stay in touch with all year long and look forward to seeing for one week during the first week of June. Taking a break this year, but will probably go again next year. It's definitely about the people.

Gwen (Phil's wife)
Pete Matos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2013 01:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm debating whether or not I should pack the car and drive down to Chattanooga to see this phenomenon in person. The only bad thing is my wife is working that day. Peace

Pete

------------------
"May the grins begin when you turn the key and hear the engine roar over your shoulder" ......Gall57 (slightly modified LOL)

spirit

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2013 09:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for spiritSend a Private Message to spiritEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I live about 1 1/2 hours frome the Z-Max and would like to attend. What is the charge to park with the PT people? I would be taking the GT. Also there is a ALL PONTIAC show in Pigeon Forge, Tn on Saturday at the Music Road Hotel. I,m planning on going and also the 30th.
Formula88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2013 11:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
a one day pass is $30 and that gets you inside the venue. You can park with the spectators and come in to look at the cars for free. Look for the black Hot Rod trailer for registration. Registration opens about noon and expect to wait in line for at least an hour or so to get your registration.
Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2013 12:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
a one day pass is $30 and that gets you inside the venue. You can park with the spectators and come in to look at the cars for free. Look for the black Hot Rod trailer for registration. Registration opens about noon and expect to wait in line for at least an hour or so to get your registration.
whiteandnerdy27

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2013 05:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whiteandnerdy27Send a Private Message to whiteandnerdy27Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will see anyone that comes, at the lunch stop in mooresville at roush Yates performance.

[This message has been edited by whiteandnerdy27 (edited 06-06-2013).]

Jncomutt

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2013 11:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I couldn't get the time off of work but I work in Mooresville and was hoping to swing by. Hopefully I can manage to make an appearance.
PFF
System Bot
Rare87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2013 12:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did anyone go through Iuka, MS? There was a Sonic that had a big banner up with the picture of my car and a buddy's Porsche. Just wondering if anyone caught a picture of it?!

Jncomutt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2013 05:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Forecast is calling for 100% rain tomorrow. I'm not gonna make the effort to get over there.
whiteandnerdy27

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2013 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whiteandnerdy27Send a Private Message to whiteandnerdy27Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I still plan to be there...with an umbrella and a camera.
Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2013 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lunch break in Waynesville, after a detour through the Tail of the Dragon. Weather so far has been beautiful, but it's going to get worse the closer I get to Charlotte.
spirit

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2013 02:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spiritSend a Private Message to spiritEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As it turns out I can't make it. I had surgery on my left ear yesterday and on pain medicine that makes me dizzy. Dang it. I really wanted to join in but that's life. You guys have a good time and post pix for us less fortunate.
Jncomutt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2013 05:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just got off work I'm going to try and make the last 2 hours
whiteandnerdy27

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2013 01:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whiteandnerdy27Send a Private Message to whiteandnerdy27Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i was there from about 9-3:45 and it was a hell of a show. no rain until 3:30ish. got warm once the clouds parted though.
Jncomutt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2013 09:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2013 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
http://blogs.hotrod.com/vid...1.html#axzz2YhPJMoje

Video clips on the 2013 Power Tour from the Hot Rod site.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock