Another LS4 running by Kemp3
Started on: 02-16-2013 10:21 PM
Replies: 40 (2066 views)
Last post by: kevin on 03-01-2015 11:49 AM
Kemp3

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2013 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kemp3Send a Private Message to Kemp3Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Title says it all , here is some info

2007 LS4/86 Fiero GT
Pat G Cam 226/230 .598/.600 113 LSA +1 advance - EPS lobes
Custom 1 3/4 headers
LS1 ported TB
LS6 intake
Custom 42# @ 3bar injectors - Fuelinjectorconnection.com
Full sequential Fuel/Spark MS3+MS3x
5 speed NSX tranny
Atomic twin disk clutch

Cold start

Warmed up and a rev

[This message has been edited by Kemp3 (edited 02-16-2013).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
ericjon262

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2013 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ericjon262Send a Private Message to ericjon262Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Awesome, got a build thread? looks like a pretty clean swap!

------------------
we're in desperate need of a little more religion to nurse your god-like point of view...

Built not bought...

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/119122.html

diabloroadster

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2013 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for diabloroadsterSend a Private Message to diabloroadsterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
dude- it sounds and looks great! I just got my M-squirt back from EFISource so maybe I will test fire mine on the test stand this coming week.
Are you finished with the tune?

BTW- Thanks for your help answering those questions I had.
Tom Slick

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2013 12:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
very nice...

what valve covers do you have?

what exhaust are you running? mufflers, cat, etc.

thanks...
BlackThunderGT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2013 12:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice swap!
dratts

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2013 07:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congrats! NSX? That had to have added a bunch to the install.
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2013 07:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great job! Looks like 2013 could be the year the of the LS4!

That is a good size camshaft and should match the ratios of the NSX transmission pretty good.
Kemp3

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2013 11:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Kemp3Send a Private Message to Kemp3Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry no Build thread , one I am not good at taking and posting pictures. Once I get in work mode I dont stop till I get done what I need too.

This was a 2 1/2 to 3 year project , do mostly to being to busy with work and family.

Not even close to done with tuning , my idle is about right. I will hit a Load Dyno sometime soon to get my spark table dialed in.

Mast Motorsports valve covers

WCF Made the headers per my specs, they also made the exhaust up to the spintech muffler. The tips you see are some muffler tips I modded off ebay.

Yes NSX trans , I had the adapter plate and tranny already from my first swap ( 3800 series III ) . I dont think it made anything harder , I have a 8" twin disk with strapped floater and PP. I would say its as smooth as factory clutch and hold every ounce of torque.

I left out the double springs , titanium retainers and ARP all around . Mainly ARP connecting rod bolts so I can spin the motor up to 7000.

Spot on Guru , I asked Pat to spec me a cam that will match my car weight and trans gearing . He did a great Job and Geoff from EPS did as well putting together my DOD delete kit.
Jims88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2013 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jims88Send a Private Message to Jims88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Kemp3,

Very Nice Build, sounds GREAT too!!
Makes me eager to finnish mine!

Jim

[This message has been edited by Jims88 (edited 02-17-2013).]

dratts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2013 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do you have any pictures? I've never seen one with the mast covers. Do you cover the coil pacs or dress them up some way? I assume that they are mounted on top of the mast covers. I can't wait to see Pics. Please, please, please
Edited I just looked further. Are you using the black label with remote mounted coil pacs?

[This message has been edited by dratts (edited 02-17-2013).]

Tom Slick

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2013 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
you and guru have the nicest looking ls4 swaps. guess i need to start a savings account to have get one.

what fuel rails are those?

thanks...
PFF
System Bot
ericjon262

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2013 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ericjon262Send a Private Message to ericjon262Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dratts:

Do you have any pictures? I've never seen one with the mast covers. Do you cover the coil pacs or dress them up some way? I assume that they are mounted on top of the mast covers. I can't wait to see Pics. Please, please, please
Edited I just looked further. Are you using the black label with remote mounted coil pacs?

looks like he relocated them similar to how guru did his.

------------------
we're in desperate need of a little more religion to nurse your god-like point of view...

Built not bought...

Kemp3

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2013 12:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Kemp3Send a Private Message to Kemp3Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will search for some pics and post , I used Custom Built Motors coil relocation brackets . I do not have the skills or the resources of FieroGuru.

Those are TrickFlow LS1 fuel rails , by going that route I had to have custom built injectors. Ev6/USCAR long body injectors are very limited , 60# Siemens Deca's would have been too much injector.

I wanted to run a return fuel system , more person preference than anything I guess. In my mind cool fuel is better , how much who really knows.......

Either way thanks for the positive comments , I hope this acts as reinforcement to anyone else who is doing this swap or any swap for that matter. Time , patience and money that's all it takes
F355spider

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2013 07:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Kemp3:

I will search for some pics and post , Time , patience and money that's all it takes

Amen to that. Looks great.

Bridgetown

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2013 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How did you handle the starter?
Kemp3

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2013 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kemp3Send a Private Message to Kemp3Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ok this is the best I can do,

Not the best picture of the clutch , You can see the straps on the Floater and PP

Back side of the motor , so you can see how we did the cooling system

The opposite side

How we ran the Acc belt

before re-install

Back in the Car

If you look closely you can see the starter, the NSX uses a trans mounted starter. All I had to do was source a NSX ring gear.

My modded Muffler tips

[This message has been edited by Kemp3 (edited 02-18-2013).]

iluvsd619

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2013 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for iluvsd619Send a Private Message to iluvsd619Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congrats! Can't wait to see it. I need to start working on my. Looking good!
Bridgetown

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2013 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ericjon262

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2013 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ericjon262Send a Private Message to ericjon262Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
NSX starter and ring gear.

------------------

Built not bought...

fieroguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2013 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bridgetown:

The NSX transmission came from the factory with the starter on the transmission. So all that is needed is the right flywheel/ring gear combo (and the adapter plate for the bolt pattern difference).

fieroguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2013 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

fieroguru

12128 posts
Member since Aug 2003
I would love to learn more about these... in case I need to quite mine down further.

PFF
System Bot
Kemp3

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2013 11:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kemp3Send a Private Message to Kemp3Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
http://www.ebay.com/itm/251216384014

Dont know if they have any more right now, I took 2" off the tips and as you can see melded a 90* to the transition . I cant tell if it quieted the car down or just took the exhaust note and pointed it out the back. Before I put those on it was a side exhaust still under the fenders. Either way the concept is there and if I had to do it again I would have looked for a small muffler and put C6 tips on that.

The quality of the muffler tips is actually surprising for the cost of them.
ericjon262

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2013 12:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ericjon262Send a Private Message to ericjon262Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
that mid-plate is a pretty slick setup, I almost did something similar with my 3500 F23 swap.

------------------

Built not bought...

dratts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2013 10:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WOW! Just WOW! thank you for your post and the pictures.
Kemp3

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2013 06:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kemp3Send a Private Message to Kemp3Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
not much progress , pulled and painted intake . Not 100 % done but car has to be mobile so I will have to wait . I need to pull and do some machining on the valve covers so I can get the finish I like.
added a catch can after I saw how much oil film was in the intake. replaced some hoses and tried to clean things up a little more.

BV MotorSports

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 189
Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2013 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thats one clean swap.

Love the exhaust too!
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2013 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sweet setup!
Since you live in CA, how are you ever going to get this past the CARB referees? (Sorry. If you've covered that, I missed it.)
diabloroadster

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2013 10:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for diabloroadsterSend a Private Message to diabloroadsterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

Sweet setup!
Since you live in CA, how are you ever going to get this past the CARB referees? (Sorry. If you've covered that, I missed it.)

He is going to move to Texas.... (joking)
DanDamage

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2013 11:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanDamageSend a Private Message to DanDamageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Me So Jealous !

Looks fantastic, must be a monster. I've ridden in a 305 turbo and it was beast I can only imagine this
ConvictedRedneck

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2013 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ConvictedRedneckSend a Private Message to ConvictedRedneckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Amazingly clean build. It's great to see someone take there time and do it right! Who made the adapter for the NSX trans?
dratts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2013 01:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do you know how much your nsx transmission and clutch can hold? I know for a fact that the ls4 has lots of potential hp and torque.
PFF
System Bot
nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2013 03:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very well done! I'm loving all the super clean factory looking swaps showing up on the forum lately!
Kemp3

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2013 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kemp3Send a Private Message to Kemp3Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Raydar until I get pulled over by a nosy CHP officer or one having a bad day all will be fine.

convictedredneck WCF makes the adapters

Dratts my clutch holds over 800 ft-lbs advertised ( in reality probably 500-600 ) Trans according Shad at Driving Ambition who has 2 NSX racecars 700 hp is about where 3rd gear failures start. 700 hp on a honda motor with forced induction my best guess is 500-600 ft-lbs. Which I would be thrilled with 400 ft-lbs at the wheels

Had a little time today to play with my spark tables , I am amazed at how much timing these LS motors take. Idle is almost there , I think I am going to need to purchase a GoPro for some new videos.

Car is fast , I wont make up any numbers until I can hit a dyno and get some videos for you all. Dyno will be awhile out I only have a dynojet near me , dynojets are fine but there numbers aren't as accurate as a dyno-pack. Plus the only way I can fine tune my spark table is on a load dyno.

-Kemp
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2013 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What year is your trans?
Car-part.com seems to show two different 5 speeds. One, up through 94, and another 95-96. (Could be mistaken.) and then the 6 speeds.
thesameguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2013 12:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thesameguySend a Private Message to thesameguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Raydar until I get pulled over by a nosy CHP officer or one having a bad day all will be fine.

What about when registration comes up? There's no escape the biennial inspection...

Kemp3

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2013 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kemp3Send a Private Message to Kemp3Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a 93 5 speed , they made a small change to the case after the snap ring issues and those are the 94-95. The trans I got was out of the snap ring range so I was not concerned about it.

Registration will not be an issue , if it ever becomes an issue I have other solutions available to me.

-Kemp
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2013 12:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any updates on this nice swap?
Kemp3

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2013 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kemp3Send a Private Message to Kemp3Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
not a ton to post , some guys and gals from the west coast run saw it in person.

Other than that , just driving and tweaking the tune on the weekends. Have some winter mods I will hopefully start soon.

-Kemp
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post02-26-2015 02:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

not a ton to post , some guys and gals from the west coast run saw it in person.

Other than that , just driving and tweaking the tune on the weekends. Have some winter mods I will hopefully start soon.

-Kemp

That was over a year ago. Did you get any of those mods done?
kevin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2015 11:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kevinSend a Private Message to kevinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any more updates? Have the SMOG Nazis been sniffing your exhaust? More info please...

Cordially,
kevin
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay