Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Haus of Guru: Project Creation-full disclosure (Page 4)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Haus of Guru: Project Creation-full disclosure by bmwguru
Started on: 01-19-2013 02:13 PM
Replies: 171 (7222 views)
Last post by: mptighe on 02-24-2015 12:22 AM
mptighe

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 122
Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2013 12:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sabooo:
I've been nitpicking your work for years and still haven't found anything I dont like. BUT - I'm a little upset about not being offered the petite hooker storage option.

It's a premier silver member upgrade. I had to purchase so many petite hookers before he threw in the storage for free...
IP: Logged
mptighe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2013 05:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So, after some drama (fairly normal for me and apparently a requirement for this car ), the car is loaded on a truck and is Texas bound. Hopefully it will be here Saturday, but I have a sneaking feeling it won't be. I'm going to start gathering things for the interior mods and of course I will take nicer pictures when the car gets here, probably some time in April knowing my luck.
mptighe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2013 05:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, she's home. They brought her at about 1:00 today. Basically they got the car here in 2 days. I drove it around the block a few times on break. No visible damage anywhere. I think we're good. Mor to come this weekend as I sort through stuff.
nosrac

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2013 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mptighe:

Well, she's home. They brought her at about 1:00 today. Basically they got the car here in 2 days. I drove it around the block a few times on break. No visible damage anywhere. I think we're good. Mor to come this weekend as I sort through stuff.

Cool...

Enjoy it for a minute before you ship it off for more mods.
mptighe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2013 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nosrac:
Cool...
Enjoy it for a minute before you ship it off for more mods.

Yup, for sure. I am having the interior done right in my driveway / garage over the next few months. I also just got the mother of all hook-ups when it comes to paint but I can't really say anything about the details. Let's just say I might be getting a $7k+ panel off paint job for the cost of materials alone, including any body additions I may need (Mustang hood scoop on the decklid, Mecham scoops installed, etc). I just have to let the car go out of state for a month or so.
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2013 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yup, for sure. I am having the interior done right in my driveway / garage over the next few months. I also just got the mother of all hook-ups when it comes to paint but I can't really say anything about the details. Let's just say I might be getting a $7k+ panel off paint job for the cost of materials alone, including any body additions I may need (Mustang hood scoop on the decklid, Mecham scoops installed, etc). I just have to let the car go out of state for a month or so.

Panel off made things much harder for me, I put most of them back on when I did my paintjob.
mptighe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2013 12:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by darkhorizon:

Panel off made things much harder for me, I put most of them back on when I did my paintjob.

I agree but I'm doing a major color change and if I'm not paying for labor then let's do it full out. From what I've been told this is a pro level job and they disassemble almost every job that comes in unless it's a simple respray.

[This message has been edited by mptighe (edited 03-23-2013).]

bmwguru

Feedback score:    (38)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2013 04:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Two of my Fieros were painted "panel off". Both cost me over $10,000 each and took 6-9 months to complete. Both were color changes (my VR6 and my orange and black Fieros). That is the way that I would do it again. They will leave the fastback clip and the roof on, but everything else will come off. They had to reassemble my orange and black car a few times to get the lines perfect during the process.
My gold GT was painted the same color with all the panels on. There was overspray on the chassis and in the doors....I got what I paid for.
I'm glad the car made it back. If you have any questions, let me know.

Dave
mptighe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2013 12:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So after getting the car back, I was going to let it just hang out for a bit and give my wallet a chance to recover, but...

My wife asks for a ride in the car, and I'm all too willing to oblige. Since I've gotten a little too old to terrorize a neighborhood with kids, we get on a side street and start heading for the interstate (we live 2 miles from it). When we get on the onramp and make sure the path is clear, I turn up the boost and hit it. As my wife starts squealing and giggling like a schoolgirl, I literally blink and the speedo is buried. We slow down, make sure no one is around, and do it again a couple more times. One thing I can say is the car will probably only ever see 6th gear on the interstate, and it's pretty cool to do 80+ at around 2,000 rpms.

Here's the issue. Any time the speed went up, there was so much debris and dust flying around the inside of the car, I ended up half blinded. We had to roll the windows all the way up to stop it from constantly getting into our eyes. Now this isn't because of anything Dave did, it's just the interior is old and dirty (25 year old car after all). I think some of it was from the headliner since it's starting to show deterioration due to the leaking t-tops. The whole interior is kind of gritty. It looks like I'll be starting the interior immediately. What's the point of spending any time or money on the existing interior?

Anyone know of any vendors willing to make a fiberglass headliner for a t-top? Just curious in case I end up needing to replace mine.

[This message has been edited by mptighe (edited 03-25-2013).]

Justinbart

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2013 08:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
mptighe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2013 09:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Justinbart:

Been waiting a while to use that have you? Sorry I don't see how it applies to anything but I'm sure it does in your mind somehow. Anything useful to contribute?
PFF
System Bot
bmwguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2013 12:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Been waiting a while to use that have you? Sorry I don't see how it applies to anything but I'm sure it does in your mind somehow. Anything useful to contribute?

He is still baffled at how your tiny little turbo is putting out the numbers it did and his natural defense mechanism went up
But I feel bad cause if you aren't making 700whp with 5 seconds of lag time, you still can't be in his cool club.
bmwguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2013 12:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

bmwguru

4692 posts
Member since Sep 2006

Anyone know of any vendors willing to make a fiberglass headliner for a t-top? Just curious in case I end up needing to replace mine.

You could probably make a backing yourself out of plastic or a fiberboard. The interior section of the t-top is smaller to cover and shouldn't be too hard. Also, maybe have an interior specialty shop look at the seals and get the leak fixed. I'd rather have a newer style seal on my roof than an oe from the 80's if the option is there.
Dave
mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2013 12:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bmwguru:

He is still baffled at how your tiny little turbo is putting out the numbers it did and his natural defense mechanism went up
But I feel bad cause if you aren't making 700whp with 5 seconds of lag time, you still can't be in his cool club.

I fail to see how there will be 5 seconds of lag with the VGT vanes in the closed position. Even then, there is anti-lag, which sounds awesome as well as being useful.

[This message has been edited by mattwa (edited 03-25-2013).]

mptighe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2013 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mattwa:

I fail to see how there will be 5 seconds of lag with the VGT vanes in the closed position. Even then, there is anti-lag, which sounds awesome as well as being useful.

Only useful if your car is built for racing, and I haven't researched is there any potential harm from that setup? Either way Dave's comment made at least as much sense as Justin's, so it really doesn't matter to the thread. Did I see that you're selling your car, or am I thinking of someone else?
mptighe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2013 01:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

mptighe

3321 posts
Member since Aug 2009
You know, I wish you'd take that pic down Justin. I feel bad for the kid in it who now is being picked on for his looks by complete strangers. He probably had a lot of self esteem until jackasses like you tried to take it from him in school. Looks like a good kid. He's probably got a lot more going for him than you or your buddy Scott have. You could probably get the same effect by putting a derogatory statement with Scott's picture seeing as his physical appearance is just as likely to have drawn this behavior. You two should come check out Texas, you could do work year round and explain to us hicks how making fun of people is cool.

[This message has been edited by mptighe (edited 03-25-2013).]

Justinbart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2013 02:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bmwguru:

You clearly know nothing about turbos.

------------------
Turbo 3800 E85 F23 5spd spec5
11.17@132.6

bmwguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2013 02:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You clearly know nothing about turbos.

I clearly was being sarcastic
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2013 03:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Only useful if your car is built for racing, and I haven't researched is there any potential harm from that setup? Either way Dave's comment made at least as much sense as Justin's, so it really doesn't matter to the thread. Did I see that you're selling your car, or am I thinking of someone else?

Im glad you are an expert on turbo systems now. Its obvious you have built many more than I have with that antilag statement.
mptighe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2013 05:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Im glad you are an expert on turbo systems now. Its obvious you have built many more than I have with that antilag statement.

Scott, no one is as much of a turbo expert as you are, not even you actually. I don't think you'd find anything wrong with my statement if your comprehension was as great as you think your mechanical skills are. Either way it doesn't really matter, I wouldn't trade you cars for any reason, much less lives. Your car isn't what I would want, just like you're not someone I would choose to associate with. You're a hypocritical juvenile trying to overcompensate for your inferiority complex. I'm a complex adult with many different facets in my life, who doesn't live for anyone's approval but my own. We're not even living in the same universe, so why try to compete with me? I sure as hell don't care about competing with someone insignificant.

Back to your regularly scheduled programming.
qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2013 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Count me in. In the past, I have had to use a perfect condition hardtop one to make a base from, then reskin the panel with whatever color I was using. I'd love a dedicated T-Top fiberglass headliner to start with. You have to be real careful when cutting near the stock map/dome light area, it gets real thin on the edges.

Rob

[This message has been edited by qwikgta (edited 03-26-2013).]

PFF
System Bot
BV MotorSports

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 189
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2013 01:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Seriously? Enough with the epeen measuring. How about everyone let the guy enjoy his car... FFS.
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2013 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BV MotorSports:

How about everyone let the guy enjoy his car... FFS.

+1
Phirewire

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2013 12:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhirewireSend a Private Message to PhirewireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BV MotorSports:

Seriously? Enough with the epeen measuring. How about everyone let the guy enjoy his car... FFS.

I was gonna say something like this, though a few members seem to need to bash every thread that isn't there own or doesn't praise them.

blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2013 01:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
sure was hoping to meet owner and see car at last weekends Round Up in San Antonio!

Next big statewide Fiero draw will be Red River Ruckus 12.... this year in early October in Tyler. Hope you can make it.
mptighe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2013 06:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blakeinspace:

sure was hoping to meet owner and see car at last weekends Round Up in San Antonio!

Next big statewide Fiero draw will be Red River Ruckus 12.... this year in early October in Tyler. Hope you can make it.

Thanks Blake. The car is in the middle of getting some tweaking done. Hopefully I'll be able to get to some kind of meet soon.

Michael

[This message has been edited by mptighe (edited 04-23-2013).]

darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2013 10:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still MIA? Get it to the strip yet?
mptighe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2013 12:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Still MIA? Get it to the strip yet?

I've been preoccupied with life, and haven't been on much.

The car had a very unexpected and unfortunate issue. The meth injection system malfunctioned and pumped the block full of fluid while I was driving, hydro locking the engine, and blowing a piston apart. It took some time to get it back up to Dave to troubleshoot exactly what went wrong, and then even longer due to some issues with ZZP. Since neither Dave nor I caused the catastrophe, we agreed that he'd help me out if I got a replacement engine and get the car back to sorts.

So.... I decided to get a ZZP built short block, send them my usable parts, have them assemble the long block, and ship it to Dave for install. Since we had to go through all of this, I decided to make some changes.

First, the meth injection is out. I'm in contact with the company and I'm giving them an opportunity to do something without attorneys involved.

Next, I had gotten my hands on a new set of ZZP stage 3 heads for the nex phase. Well, they're going on now, along with my ARP head studs, and cometic gaskets.

I bought a Deatschwerks fuel pump so we can push he boost up to 18 - 20 psi.

Unsure if the cam was damaged, I asked ZZP to order me a ST2, so I can get better mileage. A ST4 is a good cam but probably a bit much for normal street use.

I figure the heads and potential increase of psi should make up for the loss of power by going with a smaller cam and ditching the meth.

Dave has been great about helping me get through this. Neither of us could have known this would happen. In the meantime, the car will be getting a normal roof, and exterior mods next. Then it comes home for the interior conversion and finally paint. It was supposed to be painted this month, but ZZP's delays took that out of the realm of possibilities.

Anyways, that's what's been going on. The car won't be tuned again until it comes home for the interior conversion, so I won't be able to share any numbers.
Justinbart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2013 06:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2013 06:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hmm, what do you know... Meth blew your car up just as I predicted it would.

Then you sent it right back to the guy that decided this stupid idea was a good one? Sweet!
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2013 06:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

//www.fiero.nl/forum/F...HTML/088226.html#p10

Zing......I hate this happen but with what is out there today going the route of using meth to control KR issue is just not a samrt move. Bad choice was made and even a worse outcome came from it. Hope the car gets back to u running right so u can actually drive it.
PFF
System Bot
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2013 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

In the meantime, the car will be getting a normal roof, and exterior mods next. Then it comes home for the interior conversion and finally paint. It was supposed to be painted this month, but ZZP's delays took that out of the realm of possibilities.

Sorry about what happened...but the interior conversion is going to be sweet!
mptighe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2013 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Then you sent it right back to the guy that decided this stupid idea was a good one? Sweet!

The meth injection decision was mine, not Dave's. Other than installing the system, he had nothing to do with the decision or the failure.
mptighe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2013 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

mptighe

3321 posts
Member since Aug 2009

Originally posted by MstangsBware:

Zing......I hate this happen but with what is out there today going the route of using meth to control KR issue is just not a samrt move. Bad choice was made and even a worse outcome came from it. Hope the car gets back to u running right so u can actually drive it.

It will be a while before it's fully on the road again. It's going to The Driver next to do the exterior. He's going to get the roof switched out from T-Tops to a solid roof, install some scoops, and make it ready for paint. Then it comes home and has the interior done (the interior is completely stripped right now, there isn't even a dashboard). Only after that will it get to tuning. I won't be able to get it painted until 2014, so it's going to be ugly until then lol.
mptighe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2013 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

mptighe

3321 posts
Member since Aug 2009

Originally posted by jscott1:

Sorry about what happened...but the interior conversion is going to be sweet!

Thanks to your harness it should be.
bmwguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2013 05:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It is what it is. Parts fail and sh!t happens. It appears that the meth controller got stuck on and pumped the fluid into the engine when it wasn't under boost. When you work in this field, you deal with the issues and move forward. We had brand new oil filter relocation lines fail on another swap, ignition coils on an Audi fail two days after we installed them...I could go on for hours of the faulty parts I've seen over the past 20 years.
Some people like the meth, others don't. I am still on the fence with it. I use it in my 3800s/c with good success, but I don't plan to use it in my orange Fiero with the Saab swap.
Anyway, I am hoping to get Michael his car back within the next few weeks. This is our busy season (March to November) where my techs and myself are putting in 14 hour workdays just to keep the work going in and out.
Dave
bmwguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2013 06:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

bmwguru

4692 posts
Member since Sep 2006

...and you......you small penised twit. You are actually enjoying the fact that someone blew up their turbo 3800 because it makes you feel better. What kind of ass are you that you get off on watching others have hardship and issues? I hope karma comes and makes you throw a rod through your oil pan. You sir are a dick.

[This message has been edited by bmwguru (edited 08-02-2013).]

mptighe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2013 09:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
On a different note, I snagged a set of custom run '88 specific Eibach springs, which should be arriving at Dave's shop today. I was going to send the drop spindles I snagged too, but I think I'm just going to forego using them and resell them instead. Houston is a bad place to drive in with a car that's too low.

The Driver and I have discussed a couple of tweaks to the car. I probably won't be documenting very much, as things in my life have changed significantly recently and I honestly don't plan on being on here as much. I'll give an update if / when I can or if someone asks.

[This message has been edited by mptighe (edited 08-02-2013).]

bmwguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2013 09:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

On a different note, I snagged a set of custom run '88 specific Eibach springs, which should be arriving at Dave's shop today.

received and we have them installed.....should be driving the car again on Monday.

Dave

[This message has been edited by bmwguru (edited 08-02-2013).]

darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2013 06:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What kind of ass are you that you get off on watching others have hardship and issues?

I just appreciate the fact that you guys dont listen to me. When I said that meth injection was a recipe for disaster years ago you ignored me, and my idea proved to be true. The real evil thing would be to say "yeah meth injection works great, try it on your car whoo" and then standing back to watch it fail... You cant blame me for warning you.

Parts fail and sh!t happens

Parts fail, sure... but in the real world of engineering there is something called a "failsafe" designed into almost every part you will find on a car.

ex.

Fuel injection: Maf sensor fails..... Failsafe= run on map sensor
Map and Maf sensor fails.... Failsafe= run on AlphaN

Or brakes: Rear brakes fail..... Failsafe= Master Cyl reserves a small amount of braking for front brakes.
Front brakes fail.... Failsafe = Ebrake

Your meth injection system??

Any failure = catastrophic engine failure. No fail safe, no shutoff, no gauges, no defense against puddling.

The oil lines you had fail would have shown a failure light of either oil pressure, and or a cloud of oil chasing the car before engine failure.

The "brand new audi coils" just made the car not run... What $3000 part did it destroy when they failed?

I use it in my 3800s/c with good success

And still you havent come close to what any of my setups have done at the track using all stock parts and a press on 3.4 pulley.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock