Started on: 01-17-2013 08:57 AM
Replies: 15 (466 views)
Last post by: Rodney on 09-15-2013 02:45 PM
Rodney

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 267
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2013 08:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I started a topic a while back but someone said you could still get them yet? The hoses to the heat core in the front compartment. If they are no longer available I can get them reproduced. Which ones are not available? 88 with A/C? Maybe the non A/C hoses are still available yet? Let me know which ones are not available and those are the hoses I will need samples of to get them reproduced. The samples can be junky as long as they are in the same shape as when on the car etc. I can get most any hose reproduced. I would need to know what hose and I would need a good used sample.

------------------
Rodney Dickman

Fiero Parts And Acc's Web Page:
All new web page!:www.rodneydickman.com
Rodney Dickman's Fiero accessories
7604 Treeview Drive
Caledonia, WI 53108
Phone/Fax (262) 835-9575

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Christine

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2013 02:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ChristineSend a Private Message to ChristineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just saw your thread and I am surprised that no one has posted to it.
I have not needed any hoses for a long time but I hope someone sees this thread so they can tell you what they know and get you the sample parts so you can make them if they are no longer available.
I would like the parts I need to be available when I need them and I am sure a lot of Fiero fans feel the same way. Some has to to know the answer to your questions.

Anyone?

Rodney, are you going to go to the 30th? We met at the 20th and it would be nice to see you again and some of your great Fiero products this summer.
josef644

Feedback score:    (71)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2013 10:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have looked at purchasing two new heater core hoses for my 88. All I have ever seen offered were for non AC cars.
-Joe

[This message has been edited by josef644 (edited 01-20-2013).]

Lambo nut

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 262
Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2013 11:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Lambo nutSend a Private Message to Lambo nutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If someone knows where one could get both heater hoses for an 84 with A/C, a point in the right direction would be nice. I have not found them available anywhere. Took my two off my Lambo build for Rodney which are in fair shape cosmetically/dimensionally,(only had to slice one end a little lengthwise to remove) but old enough I don't trust them and wanted to replace as I have everything else in the build.
That first thread about these hoses died shortly after removing mine.

Kevin
Lambo nut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2013 11:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Lambo nutSend a Private Message to Lambo nutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Lambo nut

4442 posts
Member since Sep 2003

Originally posted by josef644:

I have looked at purchasing two new heater core hoses for my 88. All I have ever seen offered were for non AC cars.
-Joe

This...same for 84 cars.

Kevin
Rodney

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2013 03:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Lambo nut:

That first thread about these hoses died shortly after removing mine.

Kevin

Because someone posted they were able to get everything they needed. That kind of stopped the thread. I need to know for sure what is needed. If some are available please do not post here that you found them for your car. This topic is about what is not available.

------------------
Rodney Dickman

7604 Treeview Drive
Caledonia, WI 53108
Phone/Fax (262) 835-9575

Lambo nut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2013 04:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lambo nutSend a Private Message to Lambo nutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rodney:

Because someone posted they were able to get everything they needed. That kind of stopped the thread. I need to know for sure what is needed. If some are available please do not post here that you found them for your car. This topic is about what is not available.

Non of these proved to be true.
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/090437.html
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/089077.html
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/087548.html

Turst me I have looked high and low, and can not find anybody that sells the preformed heater hoses for an 84 WITH A/C. Found some for the NON A/C cars, but they are too short. I was excited when you had this thread started,
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/090437.html
but after it died, I gave up looking and was figuring I was going to have to go the aftermarket stainless bendable stuff or similar. Have not got to that part of my build yet, so at the moment I have done nothing with the heater hoses except remove the old ones. If new ones are still out there for A/C cars, I can't find them.

Kevin

edit to add this thread showing the problem with the ones found now.
Fiero Store no longer has the heater hoses for 84 A/C cars.

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/114969.html

Mine is not an 88 but an 84 and I am saying the heater hoses for it are not available for an A/C car.

[This message has been edited by Lambo nut (edited 01-20-2013).]

Rodney

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2013 05:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are the hoses for an 84 with A/C different than the hoses from an 85-87 with A/C?

------------------
Rodney Dickman

7604 Treeview Drive
Caledonia, WI 53108
Phone/Fax (262) 835-9575

Lambo nut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2013 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lambo nutSend a Private Message to Lambo nutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rodney:

Are the hoses for an 84 with A/C different than the hoses from an 85-87 with A/C?

That is a good question. In all my searching, I have not found anything that says they are the same, and I do not have any other Fieros of different years in my area to check against. So with everything I have seen so far, they are different for whatever reason but I honestly have no clue what that difference would be.

Kevin

[This message has been edited by Lambo nut (edited 01-21-2013).]

Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2013 08:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've never been able to find 88 AC heater hoses. Last time I replaced my heater core, I had to cut the hoses off and ended up using a hose splice kit and a short length of straight hose to reconnect it. I was considering going with braided steel lines so I could get angle fittings for the proper bends if I need to replace the entire line, but OEM style replacements would be preferable.
s550w

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2013 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for s550wSend a Private Message to s550wEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I looked on Autozone for my '87's. 4-cylinder showed nothing for with A/C. For my 6-cylinder..it became confusing having the same part number for with and without and showing the 4-cylinder w/o A/C as an option. I suppose A/C or no A/C might change the line locations from the back. Seems like there should be 2 for the front and 2 for the back unless they are close enough for a common bend and length? or straight at the back?

I was able to re-use mine on the 4-cylinder with A/C a few years ago (did not analyze, just happy I made the old hose reach) but, I am thinking of replacing all the older hoses since I suspect I have flow/leak issues. It appears '87 4-cyl w/ A/C could be on that list too.

edit: is there anyone with master part books for all years that could compare the part numbers for each year and by A/C or non-A/C?

[This message has been edited by s550w (edited 01-20-2013).]

PFF
System Bot
Rodney

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2013 12:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I received a few hoses today. Just 10 of each. In maybe 6 weeks I'll have more of these three hoses. The hoses I have are for the 88 V-6 with A/C heater core hoses (both small and large diameter). Should also fit the 88 L4. And the large hose from the water pump to the passenger side coolant tube for the 88 V-6. The Gates hose that has been available seems to be too short. I'll hopefully get these on my web page soon.

By the end of the year or early next year I will have all the 88 V-6 with A/C radiator hoses in stock plus the two 84 L4 with A/C heater core hoses.

------------------
Rodney Dickman

7604 Treeview Drive
Caledonia, WI 53108
Phone/Fax (262) 835-9575

Marvin McInnis

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2013 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marvin McInnisClick Here to visit Marvin McInnis's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marvin McInnisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Excellent news!
Rodney

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2013 12:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Made a web page for them:

http://rodneydickman.com/ca...h=22&products_id=319

I only have 10 of each for the moment. In several weeks I'll have plenty in stock. Later this year or very early next year I will have all the 1988 V-6 with A/C radiator and heater core hoses on hand. Plus the 1984 with A/C front compartment heater core hoses.

I have good samples of the 1988 L4 engine compartment hoses on hand and I may look into having them made if I see any demand. Some of these hoses have special ends so I will need to design a few adapters to go along with them. For the 1988 L4 I will have the front compartment radiator hoses as they are the same for the L4 and the V-6. And for the 1988 L4 with A/C I will have the heater core hoses as they also are the same as the 1988 V-6 with A/C heater hoses.

------------------
Rodney Dickman

7604 Treeview Drive
Caledonia, WI 53108
Phone/Fax (262) 835-9575

JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2013 01:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are the heater core hose's with AC different on the 88's vs the 86-87?
Rodney

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2013 02:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JimmyS:

Are the heater core hose's with AC different on the 88's vs the 86-87?

Yes. The 88 looks to have its own specific one year only heater and radiator hoses.

------------------
Rodney Dickman

7604 Treeview Drive
Caledonia, WI 53108
Phone/Fax (262) 835-9575

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to: