Started on: 01-11-2013 10:08 AM
Replies: 60 (4300 views)
Last post by: hnthomps on 02-13-2015 08:54 PM
Sage

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2013 11:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice pics!

Don, can hardly wait to see it all back together and on the road! Color looks amazing.

steve308, do you know who made the body on yours? Also, what wheels are you running? Very nice looking replica...thanks for posting.
IP: Logged
steve308

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2013 06:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The body kit was done by ONYX 308 / 328 conversions out of Canada (no longer in business and I have had no luck tracking down the former owners of ONYX) Wheels are three piece 16" compomotive that another 308 owner sold to me as they did not hold air. I had to disassemble, clean and gasket all four and was lucky to get some original bolts from Compomotive out of England as they are not a standard size. They no longer make the wheels
rodrieguz

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2013 09:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rodrieguzSend a Private Message to rodrieguzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is my custom diablo replica built on a 1987 fiero chassis with 88' rear cradle swap. Powered l
by a 3800 n/a series ll

rodrieguz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2013 09:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rodrieguzSend a Private Message to rodrieguzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

rodrieguz

134 posts
Member since May 2003
I recently aquired this project not sure which direction to go yet but it's a 355 on a 1985 fiero chassis with a smallblock 350. 90% sure I will swap to a 3800 sc.

Sage

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2013 07:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
steve308: thanks for the info, that's not good news for us that would so like to get hold of a set of those wheels! I wonder if ONYX was, or had anything to do with Fejer's operation, as the body looks strikingly similar to the body we picked up in Barrie Ont. last fall...

rodrieguz:Nice! Maybe if/when you get time, you could go into a little detail on your seriesII n/a swap, as that's what I'm planning on using in my replica, (actually picked up the engine/tranny yesterday). I'm going with a T65E auto, what setup are you running in your diablo? Sure is a nice looking body!

I see your 355 has the seperate rockers, wonder who made that body?

Thanks for the pics and info guys.

HAGO!
Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 311
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2013 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Sage:
I see your 355 has the seperate rockers, wonder who made that body?

Almost certainly an Air Dynamics F355 (AD355).

rodrieguz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2013 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rodrieguzSend a Private Message to rodrieguzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bloozberry:

Almost certainly an Air Dynamics F355 (AD355).

I have no clue who made this body, boy I wish I did. It's orgins came from Toronto Canada apparently a company called fiero conversions started this build some years ago when they were around. I have not been able to verify anything, hopefully one day light may be shed.
diabloroadster

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2013 12:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for diabloroadsterSend a Private Message to diabloroadsterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

This is my Diablo Roadster its on a 1985 tub with 1988 front and rear suspension. I orginally built it with a sbc/5 speed and drove that for a year. Today was the first day I drove it with its newly installed LS4/4t65ehd, although the drive was only down the street and back because I still need to tune it. The LS4 is running on Microsquirt (the first to run on 58x) and the trans is controlled thru stand alone controller and is shifted via a homemade wireless paddle shifters. The above pic is kinda old, I will have some new pics soon.
Sage

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2013 09:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Please do post em' when you get em'.

Gorgeous car from the pic you did post.

HAGO!
Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2013 04:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tebailey:

Lets see if this link works, if it does this is a kelmark body on an 84 4speed

I like these dino style kits

355Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2013 03:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 355FieroSend a Private Message to 355FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rodrieguz,

That 355 is the body made by what used to be Fiero Conversions now called Jimmy's Auto. They are in Windsor Ontario. I was there last summer for a visit and went to see Jimmy. He had a 355 body in his molds when I was there. Separate rockers etc.

The body looks fairly decent so shouldn't be too hard to clean it up to be a nice finished replica.

Cheers
Don

Originally posted by rodrieguz:
I have no clue who made this body, boy I wish I did. It's orgins came from Toronto Canada apparently a company called fiero conversions started this build some years ago when they were around. I have not been able to verify anything, hopefully one day light may be shed.

[This message has been edited by 355Fiero (edited 04-24-2013).]

PFF
System Bot
355Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2013 05:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 355FieroSend a Private Message to 355FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Car pretty much back together. On the road soon.

Changes to the normal 308 kits:

Front fender tops bonded to the front clip for more oem look
- Smaller front hood more oem look
- Extended windscreen
- Custom headlight buckets closer to oem look
- Copied Ferrari 308 front bumper
- Side scoops cut out and shaped to have a full scoop into the engine bay
- Gas filler up in the sail panel more oem look
- Fiero GT rockers removed and replaced with SE rockers for nicer rounded look

Cheers
Don

Sage

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2013 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Looks great!

Thanks for the pics...looking forward to more.

HAGO!

hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2013 07:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dratts:

I would like this registry to be for rebodied replicas only. No offense to any other type of Fiero whatsoever. Just an effort to separate the warring factions that can make reading posts so unpleasant. I would love pictures for sure and I'll try to get a picture of my boosted ls4 murci up as soon as possible if this thread takes off. Thanks for reading.

Do factory rebodies such as Meras qualify for your registry?

Nelson
tebailey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2013 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tebaileySend a Private Message to tebaileyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Been driving my Kelmark bodied 84 4speed for 2 weeks. Few minor bugs, biggest being the rear control arm bushings. After 3 yrs of work it's nice to hit the road.
Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2013 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 355Fiero:
Car pretty much back together. On the road soon.

Lookin' good Don! Will you get to drive it before the snow flies?
diabloroadster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2013 04:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for diabloroadsterSend a Private Message to diabloroadsterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I almost got my Diablo back together since I completely repainted it, the car still needs a good cleaning and a final buff. Sorry the pic kinda sucks it was just a quick snap....
RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2014 11:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's a pile of parts and ultimately will not be a replica of anything, but instead it will take design cues from several models, but I think I can say I'm an official member....

will be

Bob
Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2014 11:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Way to go Bob! It's nice to see the kit car and replica segment of this forum gaining some momentum again. We need guys like you to showcase more of the creative contributions we have to offer the Fiero community.
RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2015 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yearly bump...Anyone new?

Bob

My current status, awaiting warmer weather...

[This message has been edited by RCR (edited 02-13-2015).]

hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2015 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I never got an answer to my Mera question but I will post a few photos of various cars that have lived in the basement. Some are finished as show cars (gray and red t-top), one is about 80% completed (black t-top), and one is a 50% complete project (red hard top). All Meras are mechanically and electrically sound, use Getrag 282 transmissions, and have completed engine swaps. The F308 rebody has a stock V6 and the manual four speed transmission.

87 Mera (gray) - 3.4 turbo

87 Mera (black t-top) - 3800 SC Series II

88 Mera (red t-top) - 3800 SC Series III with performance goodies

88 Mera (red hardtop) - fuel injected 383

F308 rebody on an 86 SE frame.

87 Mera

87 Mera

88 Mera

88 Mera

Nelson
PFF