New project, scorpion kit car by WHEELIE
Started on: 12-06-2012 03:25 PM
Replies: 16 (1954 views)
Last post by: DanDamage on 03-13-2014 06:40 PM
WHEELIE

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2012 03:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WHEELIEClick Here to visit WHEELIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to WHEELIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
update!! I said this was a winter project...I didn't say which winter. I blew it up but it lives again. See below

I found this a at a local car lot. I never even heard of a Scorpion! 88 gt.It had a bad 3.8 series 1 swap, didn't run and needs paint.Sat in my parking lot for a couple of weeks and someone backed into it grrr. He paid to get it fixed and while it was at the body shop I had him buff out the paint and now it looks pretty good....for a driver.I picked up a 97 riveria with a na 3800 I got the engine out and took all the wiring.
------------------
WHEELER'S PERFORMANCE MOTORCYCLE SHOP NEAR DEALS GAP
check out TAILOFTHEDRAGON.COM
318 curves in 11 miles
#1 RED 85 GT ... GONE
# 2 white 86 gt fastback project.
UPDATE 3/03 IT LIVES!! 6 months,many broken bolts and only two engine fires later!! ... needs 3.4 anybody got one for sale?
UPDATE 12/03 3.4 dohc is here,this winter's project
12/04 still this winter's project
12/05 still this winters project
01/06 engine is in! headers built, no mufflers yet,runs but has codes 1/07 FINALLY I CAN DRIVE IT!! This thing kicks *SS whoo hoo!! Update to spring 2012,96 3.4 dohc, al flywheel, 5 speed, full length custom headers,N* throttle body, OBD2 ,HP tuner. magnaflow 2.5, koni's f+r,400lb springs,88 cradle,245/17 rear,
I AM NOT ADDICTED.... BUT
Now # 2 formula project.
runs but needs work(so what's new?)
# 3 86 gt BLACK it's an auto I want a 5 speed
used engine is in and runs, 2012. Been driving for 2 years, dual throttle bodies, roller rockers, 2 1/2 magnaflow... still auto. AND NOW for 2012/2013 a kitcar!! I found an 88 SCORPION.and it's red! I need to find a GREAT engine for this, and blah, it's an auto. I am thinking northstar with f23? or 3800 sc.anybody got an engine/tranny combo near Deals gap nc?

[This message has been edited by WHEELIE (edited 03-13-2014).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Fierofreak00

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 170
Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2012 03:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierofreak00Send a Private Message to Fierofreak00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Let me help you with that....

WHEELIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2012 03:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WHEELIEClick Here to visit WHEELIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to WHEELIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thanks
Fiero84Freak

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2012 05:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero84FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero84FreakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Scorpion is a kit car that was built by PISA. I've never seen an example in person, nor have I seen many built online. I think their Artero kit car was a lot more popular, but the Scorpion and their ZR-2 Corvette inspire kits were not as popular.
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2012 05:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
IMO the Scorpian was a failed attempt to try and recreate the poor mans Lambo so it sold poorly. Two of the Scorpian kits that I saw assembled were pretty rough. You can probably get the kit to look nice but it might need loads of filler and plenty of sanding. Good luck on the project.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Powerlog manifold, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Flotech Afterburner Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

[This message has been edited by Dennis LaGrua (edited 12-06-2012).]

Gokart Mozart

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2012 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
spirit

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2012 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spiritSend a Private Message to spiritEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey, is PISA still in business? They still owe me a refund for the junk wing stands I returned 12 years ago.
WHEELIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2013 10:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WHEELIEClick Here to visit WHEELIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to WHEELIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have made some progress. I got the engine out / all cleaned up, engine mounts made, replaced all intake gaskets,waterpump, made my dogbone bracket and am working on the exhaust.

here is the engine all clean and shiney!!

here is my version of the dogbone bracket and tensioner assy.

here is the engine in

here is a BRICK as in doorstop...paperweight. 1997 park ave is a B@#$ one of a kind unusable. The vats is not hackable with My tuner.. bricked this one trying to download a map with powrtuner but tried the wrong year. Finally got it running with a 1997 camaro ecu and a manual map with powrtuner. IT RUNS whoo whoo!! I still have to use a box to trick the vats in the camaro ecu.

here is my temporary exhaust . Next year I will build some full length headers. but this should work for now.

here is what the car came with???
by the way these are for sale . must pick up at WHEELER'S PERFORMANCE and drive the DRAGON while you are

here

PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2013 05:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i'll just offer what i've read about your swap. the 3800 na swap is just as much work as doing a 3800SC swap, so you're much better off using the 3800SC. just something to think about ...
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2013 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thats not a bad looking kit if you get the body all right. The only thing I dont like much is what they do to most cars now....they have this little wheel/tire package on the huge rear corners. Makes them look like Hot Wheels toys. That body would look SOOOOOOOOOO much better with lower quarter panel lines or taller tires/wheels (not a 19" wheel with a 30 series tire). Im talking like a 235x70 series on a 17" rim. The fronts look OK. This is the same problem I thought looked horrible on mid 90s Mustangs. Big flat quarter and this little tiny shopping cart wheel/ opening.
Dave E Bouy

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2013 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dave E BouySend a Private Message to Dave E BouyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Have you sorted out how you're going to attach the shift/select cables to their mounting bracket yet? There's a thread in the archives by ohio86se that shows what he did. I shamelessly copied it and it works well.

DF

[This message has been edited by Dave E Bouy (edited 03-01-2013).]

PFF
System Bot
WHEELIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2013 12:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WHEELIEClick Here to visit WHEELIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to WHEELIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm still not really sure if I like the looks of the car. It is sexy but homely at the same time.Yes the wheels need something and I need to adjust the ride height. On the shifter I made a crossover pipe that curves down low enough to clear the cables.The exhaust is temporary until next winter. I will build headers.
If the engine holds together I might even turbo it.I built the exhaust that way only because I wanted 4 pipes in the center like the new vette. I will add an installed pic tomorrow.
If I can find an SC all the parts I have made will work.
.This is my" pretty" car,it
won't be fast but should run pretty good.

If I want to go fast I have an 86 gt 5speed with a 3.4dohc,headers, al flywheel, n* throttle body, lowered, ,88 cradle, konis and much more
WHEELIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2014 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WHEELIEClick Here to visit WHEELIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to WHEELIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Broken hearted!! I drove it about 500 miles and spun a bearing or 2 or 3
I found another engine on craigslist!! NEW CRATE 3800SC 1996 YEAR Yea right I said but.. When I got there it was new on the crate never been run!
this is what I did to it
NEW valve springs,zzp powerlog,aluminium valve covers powdercoated red with polished accents,stage 2 throttle body,same spec3+ clutch with aluminium flywheel,3.4 pully,3" exhaust with borla and center outlet 4 corvette tips with cutout if I want,
Interior I went with a carbon fiber headliner,AEM boost/o2 gauge,backup camera. plus I powdercoated everything I could fit in the oven, built coilovers. I have a powrtuner for tuning. I have it running now but not driving. I still have some interior work to do but I hope to drive it this spring

these are the struts I built

WHEELIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2014 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WHEELIEClick Here to visit WHEELIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to WHEELIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

WHEELIE

267 posts
Member since Mar 2002
here is my dash

TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2014 02:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking Good!
kwagner

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2014 03:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kwagnerClick Here to visit kwagner's HomePageSend a Private Message to kwagnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Interesting The only pics I've seen of scorpions are the couple on PISA's site. The pics above make it look better than those. Do you have any more?
DanDamage

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2014 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanDamageSend a Private Message to DanDamageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
great job man looking fantastic!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock