I have yet to post any of the things I have done to my car so here is my first! My headliner
1. The car http://www.flickr.com/photo...12063/in/photostream
2. The headliner http://www.flickr.com/photo...77264/in/photostream
I did not remove the plastic side rails.
I removed the overhead light fixture and hanger hooks on the sides, sun visors, and the brake light cover. You can remove the headliner
by carefully prying the edges out with flat object (flat head screwdriver)
3. Clean the headliner and select fabric http://www.flickr.com/photo...10253/in/photostream
In this step, I used a plastic bristle brush to remove the old glue from the headliner. Be careful as the headliner is somewhat fragile.
Also, I purchased 2 yards of red felt at JoAnn Fabrics for about $7.00
4. After removing the old glue you need to use medium to high tack glue on the Fiero Headliner.
I chose to spray the glue directly to the headliner backer board in multiple layers. Let it get tacky before
applying your fabric. I let the headliner dry overnight to ensure proper adhesion before gravity pulls it back down.
I recommend you do this too.
After tacky, apply fabric. CAUTION: SMOOTH OUT THE FABRIC QUICKLY before it dries!http://www.flickr.com/photo...13857/in/photostream
5. Tape the leftover fabric edges to the back of the headliner. Here you can see I was very generous with the tape to ensure an
extra strong edge. This will help when you reinstall the headliner to the car.
Also, be sure to cut out the square for the dome lights, sun visors, and small holes for the side hangers.http://www.flickr.com/photo...78658/in/photostream
6. Small standard office staples applied close to the edge of the headliner are both descreet and extra secure.
This is optional but it worked well for me. (Look close you can see them in this picture)
When installed, they vanish into the plastic side molding of the car.http://www.flickr.com/photo...11639/in/photostream
7. Install! http://www.flickr.com/photo...13283/in/photostreamhttp://www.flickr.com/photo...80452/in/photostream
I hope this helps guys!