Dells Run 2013 ?????? by pegasus1848
Started on: 11-27-2012 11:41 PM
Replies: 24 (979 views)
Last post by: mrfred8 on 11-13-2013 08:50 AM
pegasus1848

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2012 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pegasus1848Send a Private Message to pegasus1848Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have gotten some info that the 2013 show has been canceled.
Anybody got an update.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
jetsnvettes2000

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2012 11:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pegasus1848:

I have gotten some info that the 2013 show has been canceled.
Anybody got an update.

Well at the awards ceremony he did say they had to renew the contract with Chula Vista. maybe it fell threw?
mrfred8

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2012 12:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hopefully its just a hiatus since its so close to the 30th, but I guess time will tell. This was posted on the Fiero group in Facebook.

" it appears that The Prezzz has stepped down as the president of the Wisconsin Fiero Fanatics and at the moment the Dells Run event has been cancelled. This is very unfortunate and that show was something I looked forward to every year for the last decade."

Looks like someone else is going to have to step up and take over.
------------------
--Jeff aka mrfred8 aka (Hat tip to Mr. J. Jones!)
http://jalopnik.com/5901950...or-her-sweet-sixteen
- 88 Yellow GT
- 86 Silver SE

[This message has been edited by mrfred8 (edited 11-28-2012).]

KEV

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2012 01:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KEVSend a Private Message to KEVEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello all,

Yes it's true the Dell's Run for 2013 has been canceled..

------------------

1999 GMC Jimmy 2dr 4x4
1985 Fiero GT 3800 N/A ...3800 S/C being rebuilt now.
1984 Fiero Indy #1098 w/ Centerline Wheels,Hooker Tri-y header and Indy Scoop with Strobe's
1984 SE Daily Driver

[This message has been edited by KEV (edited 11-28-2012).]

css9450

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2012 08:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow, I always figured this was one show that was immune to discontinuance! With several clubs involved, it seemed there'd always be an alternative available if one group or one person wanted to drop out. Hopefully something can be worked out. Although I've yet to take the Fiero all the way up there, I've enjoyed my one-day-only Saturday trips to the Dells just to hang out with everyone.
carbon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2012 08:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by css9450:

Wow, I always figured this was one show that was immune to discontinuance! With several clubs involved, it seemed there'd always be an alternative available if one group or one person wanted to drop out. Hopefully something can be worked out. Although I've yet to take the Fiero all the way up there, I've enjoyed my one-day-only Saturday trips to the Dells just to hang out with everyone.

Yeah, but The Prezzz was the keystone of that show... all of the dealings with Chula Vista were through him. He has run into personal issues that won't allow for is continued participation and it is a huge loss to the mid-West community.

I just hope that whatever he's dealing with will pass and Tom will be back with us again soon!

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2012 01:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just wanted to pop in and thank the Prezzzzz for his part in the great shows I was able to attend at the Dells.

Rik

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2012 04:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RikSend a Private Message to RikEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry to hear this...I had been using the show as a target date for getting the Formula done...
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2012 04:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Power to the Prezzzz, Hope all is well.

Archie
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2012 06:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How would everyone feel about a show in Green Bay?, say at Lambeau Field and then after the show a Cruise to Elkhart Lake race track? Within a few blocks of the stadium is a bunch of hotels, food and things to do. Plus, the Tundra Lodge has a small water park in it also up the road from the stadium. For the people coming in from out of town there is a weeks worth of things to do including Bay Beach Amusement park, Heritage Hill history Village and the Neville Public Museum. Along with The National Train Museum as well. This is all just a Idea spawned today by me and 86Fierofun as a idea to keep everyone getting together while having fun and in a very cost effective location. A lot of work would be needed to be done to make this all happen and help would be needed by many to make it happen.
KEV

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2012 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KEVSend a Private Message to KEVEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jetsnvettes2000:

How would everyone feel about a show in Green Bay?, say at Lambeau Field and then after the show a Cruise to Elkhart Lake race track? Within a few blocks of the stadium is a bunch of hotels, food and things to do. Plus, the Tundra Lodge has a small water park in it also up the road from the stadium. For the people coming in from out of town there is a weeks worth of things to do including Bay Beach Amusement park, Heritage Hill history Village and the Neville Public Museum. Along with The National Train Museum as well. This is all just a Idea spawned today by me and 86Fierofun as a idea to keep everyone getting together while having fun and in a very cost effective location. A lot of work would be needed to be done to make this all happen and help would be needed by many to make it happen.

PM sent

------------------

1999 GMC Jimmy 2dr 4x4
1985 Fiero GT 3800 N/A ...3800 S/C being rebuilt now.
1984 Fiero Indy #1098 w/ Centerline Wheels,Hooker Tri-y header and Indy Scoop with Strobe's
1984 SE Daily Driver

PFF
System Bot
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2012 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A Fiero get together anywhere would be cool. One of the attractions of the Dells is the location, many Chicago area people just come up on Saturday, so I am not sure you would get the same turnout. (That and I am not sure how many Chicago area people would want to go tailgate at Lambeau Field ). Personally I definitely would be up for it and think its great that someone wants to step up and organize something.

------------------
- 88 Yellow GT
- 86 Silver SE

jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2012 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
LOL aw common its prob the only way you Chicago guys could ever come to lambeau and go home with a trophy
86soon3.4

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2012 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86soon3.4Send a Private Message to 86soon3.4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jetsnvettes2000:

LOL aw common its prob the only way you Chicago guys could ever come to lambeau and go home with a trophy

LOL Rob!!!

Too funny.

Steve
snowblindburd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2012 12:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for snowblindburdSend a Private Message to snowblindburdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm down for anything you've got in mind, Rob. If you need help just let Sadie or I know. I'm sure she'd be glad to help out too.

It's sad to hear this about the Dells Run, as I look forward to it every year as well. I hope it can be revived ASAP. It was the first Fiero event I've ever gone to as well. I was lucky to find a close friend who loves Fieros as much as I do so I could live my Fiero dream vicariously through her lol.

------------------

1990 Pontiac Sunbird /// 1995 Beretta Base /// betty progress

mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2012 12:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a strong feeling the Dells Run will be back in some form in 2014. It has too much history for NIFE and MFF and the other Midwest Fiero Clubs to just let it die. I am guessing the main reason why the other clubs can not take on a 2013 Dells Run is because of all the work being done for the 30th Anniversary show.

------------------
- 88 Yellow GT
- 86 Silver SE

Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2012 12:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mrfred8:

I have a strong feeling the Dells Run will be back in some form in 2014. It has too much history for NIFE and MFF and the other Midwest Fiero Clubs to just let it die. I am guessing the main reason why the other clubs can not take on a 2013 Dells Run is because of all the work being done for the 30th Anniversary show.

That's what I'm thinking too.

Archie
pegasus1848

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2012 11:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pegasus1848Send a Private Message to pegasus1848Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the update, was really looking forward to the show, guess I will cancel my rooms at the Chula.
I hope Tom can handle what ever he is doing with a smile, a laugh, or a joke like he does every time I have been around him.
Hope he stays connected to the club and it's events.
hercimer01

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2013 12:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hercimer01Send a Private Message to hercimer01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm a little slow. I just found out the dells run is cancelled but I also found this. Like I said SLOW.

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/088485.html
Official 30th Fiero Anniversary Event - June 27-30 2013 by carbon
Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2013 08:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DragonSend a Private Message to DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mrfred8:

I hope that it does happen. I've always enjoyed going to the Dell's show when I had a chance to get there. It was one of the premier events.

css9450

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2013 11:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dragon:

I hope that it does happen. I've always enjoyed going to the Dell's show when I had a chance to get there. It was one of the premier events.

Stopped for gas in the Dells area yesterday coming home from Duluth... Took a drive down the road past the Chula just for old times' sake. Hope to be back for 2014!

By the way, its weird to be there in the middle of winter. No one is around!

PFF
System Bot
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2013 11:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by css9450:

Stopped for gas in the Dells area yesterday coming home from Duluth... Took a drive down the road past the Chula just for old times' sake. Hope to be back for 2014!

By the way, its weird to be there in the middle of winter. No one is around!

I will be at the Wilderness Resort the third week of April oh fun!! I hope that little place we went for breakfast is open then.
SLAMMED87GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2013 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SLAMMED87GTSend a Private Message to SLAMMED87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was considering going to it this year as I live just under an hour and a half away in La Crosse. No Fiero, but would have been a great time regardless!

------------------

'87 GT *Show winning* sold
'96 Nissan Pathfinder 5-spd, stock

pegasus1848

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2013 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pegasus1848Send a Private Message to pegasus1848Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Has anybody heard anything new about the Dell's Run ??????

I think this is a "bump"
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2013 08:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Last information I heard was at Fierorama in September. Dells Run 2014 is being worked on and will be on the traditional date and at the Chula Vista.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock