Started on: 11-25-2012 07:47 PM
Replies: 90 (1886 views)
Last post by: Kevin87FieroGT on 02-18-2016 12:08 AM
cliffw

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2012 10:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TONY_C:
Has anyone received them yet and looked at them carefully?

I ordered on Monday at about 10:00AM central time. I got them just after noon yesterday.
What do you want me to look at ? A name ? Construction detail as described ? Identity markings ?
IP: Logged
RossT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2012 10:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RossTClick Here to visit RossT's HomePageSend a Private Message to RossTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do they say country of orgin? Made in USA or China or others?
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2012 10:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RossT:

I could not find any markings on the hubs but for $17.00 you know where they are made and its not Canada..

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Powerlog manifold, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Flotech Afterburner Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

RossT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2012 10:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RossTClick Here to visit RossT's HomePageSend a Private Message to RossTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ya, I kind of thought that too. Usually the box will indicate where they are made. I will order a pair. Thanks for the info!
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2012 12:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RossT:

On the hub, I see the part number (like on the invoice/shipping slip) and 6/04. Possibly a manufacturing date ? The label on the box is just the part number but another label beneath it was removed, (on both boxes).
Jfrost

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2012 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JfrostSend a Private Message to JfrostEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got mine today. Both of the boxes indicated the part number and that they were made in the USA, here's hoping thats true! The build quality certainly looks up to par.
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2012 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mine shows delivery for tomorrow. I will get detailed pictures and such of part #'s, Serial #'s ect.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2012 11:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I ordered mine Sunday night the 25th at 8:55PM. FedEx just dropped them off about 10PM tonight. The boxes are marked with pin-punch lettering Made In USA. Except for the part number label, the box is plain. Maybe that's what they mean by private label. The boxes are plain so the retailer can put their own label on it. Invoice does say the manufacturer is Moog/National. There are no brand or where made markings on either the hubs or seal.
blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2012 12:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
^ ^ ^ I came here to pretty much type verbatim what fierofool said above.

got my pair today, they are really nice looking pieces.
Niterrorz

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2012 06:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NiterrorzSend a Private Message to NiterrorzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
THEY ARE MADE IN USA!!!!!!! its on the bottom of the box in like punched lettering. its backwards though
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2012 08:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Niterrorz:

THEY ARE MADE IN USA!!!!!!! its on the bottom of the box in like punched lettering. its backwards though

Well, does that mean the box was made in the USA?

Doesn't matter to me, they are cheap enough to keep as spares. With the price being what it is, I wonder what retail shops would have paid for these (to slap a label and resell)? Geez, the Fiero Store should have bought the lot.

[This message has been edited by jaskispyder (edited 11-30-2012).]

PFF
System Bot
css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2012 08:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jaskispyder:

Geez, the Fiero Store should have bought the lot.

Oh, good heavens no! Then people on here would be complaining about them.

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2012 10:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
And we would not be getting them for $40 a pair shipped!

Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2012 10:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any of you guys be willing to buy a set (2) and send them to me here in quebec, levis via USPS .. my paypal is standing by ... also looking to buy 2 x Edelbrock 1219 replacement air filters
thanks for any help

Danyel

------------------

My Build Thread
Tylers Toy

Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2012 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mine just arrived.. I'll leave them in the box they came in..
infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2012 12:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Danyel:

Any of you guys be willing to buy a set (2) and send them to me here in quebec, levis via USPS .. my paypal is standing by ... also looking to buy 2 x Edelbrock 1219 replacement air filters
thanks for any help

Danyel

D,

I can do that for you. PM me.

W
mcguiver3

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2012 12:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mcguiver3Send a Private Message to mcguiver3Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just found this thread and have a comment about using them on the front of an 88 as was suggested.
They will not work.
The flange offset is different as well as the bolt spacing.
The issue is also that the axle holds the bearing together and provides the preload.
You done have that in the front hubs, Could you use a large bolt to do it?
Probably but it needs 200 lb. ft torque and some way to seal the rear as the axle provides this as well.
The better solution is Rodney's front hub.
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2012 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok, FedEx just showed up. Here are some pictures of any and all markings that I could find:

The bottom of the box (I mirrored the image, as it was stamped from the inside)
MADE IN USA W69

This is one number stamped into the hub 513011:

Lastly, everything that came in the box:

This is another number, maybe a date of manufacture 4/2004?

That is all there is to identify the hubs.

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 11-30-2012).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2012 01:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:
This is another number, maybe a date of manufacture 4/2004?

Originally posted by cliffw:
I see the part number (like on the invoice/shipping slip) and 6/04. Possibly a manufacturing date ?

infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2012 02:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Danyel,

Mission accomplished I am guessing they will be here Wed.

Will

------------------
Is your Fastback GT's trunk seal shot? My Gen III replacement GT trunk seals with solid molded corners are now in production. $95 + $15 flat rate shipping to the US (contact me for international shipping rates) or buy two and pay only a single shipping rate! More info can be found here GT Trunk Seal Project

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2012 02:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
@cliffw: I did see your post when you suggested it was a manufacture date, and being I do not know for certain myself, I said the same thing.
PFF
System Bot
bulldog85043

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2012 02:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bulldog85043Send a Private Message to bulldog85043Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
With it being a closeout, I had to jump on the bandwagon. Ordered 2 for the '86
CaptDean

Feedback score:    (32)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2012 03:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CaptDeanSend a Private Message to CaptDeanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
513011 is the part number..

Other reference numbers are.

RW-405

Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2012 03:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by infinitewill:

Danyel,

Mission accomplished I am guessing they will be here Wed.

Will

I really apreciate this ... thank you !!!
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2012 05:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:
@cliffw: I did see your post when you suggested it was a manufacture date, and being I do not know for certain myself, I said the same thing.

Eh, no biggie. I posted to put both (?)dates together, hoping others would post the same info. If they are dates, ours two months apart, I wanted to see how many others might have been built in 04. Kinda hard to believe a close out didn't happen along time ago on eight year old parts, or that they pre-manufactured so many.
Seems like I bought an 88 parts car (well I did on advice) more than a few years back for 88 specific suspension parts. Can't remember now what parts they were but I thought they were bearings.
JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2012 01:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I ordered a pair and thet are the same as everyone else has stated. Plain white boxes that are pin punched saying made in the usa. The part numbers are stamped in the part and 1 says 4 04 and the other says 6 04
carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2012 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just put in my order. Thanks for posting this up!
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2012 06:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You guys have these fail alot? I have never had one go bad on me.
JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2012 07:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by darkhorizon:

I have had 1 fail. At this price, I figure it is best to just replace them on my build car while I have it apart vs have a failure in the near future.

[This message has been edited by JimmyS (edited 12-01-2012).]

Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2012 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had one fail, the other side is 25 years old. Parts don't last forever.
Kevin87FieroGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2012 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kevin87FieroGTSend a Private Message to Kevin87FieroGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have never been a fan of permanently lubed bearings and ball joints. These are a great insurance buy. Buy a set from Rock Auto and rest assured your current hubs will probably last forever. Just my luck.

They could end out being a good investment. Buy today for $40 and sell thru the PFF Mall in two years for $100, Not a bad return! Now, how many sets do they have left?
PFF
System Bot
fierohobby

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2012 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierohobbySend a Private Message to fierohobbyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for all the feedback guys, just ordered a set.

-fh
carnut122

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2012 10:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Me neither, but the current bearings have about 150,000 miles on them, so the next time I have the "hub" apart, I'll put them in and keep the old ones for spares.
FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2012 12:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the heads up! I just ordered 2. I also looked through for gaskets that I need for the engine on the Indy and a bunch of those were on closeout deals. Now I need to find a deal on shocks and struts for the Indy.

------------------

88 Coupe: 2.0L Turbo 4 Cylinder, W2A, T25 Turbo.
84 Indy #64: Restoration Project!

fierofool

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2012 02:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Even with new hubs, all it takes is for someone that's uneducated about the Fiero to roll the cradle around on its wheels while the axle stubs are removed. Viola! Bearing failure.
css9450

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2012 02:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'd bet they're more likely to fail in FWD applications due to greater lateral loads. I've replaced a few over the years that started to howl or grumble. Heck, might've even been the same part number as in the Fiero, since the same piece was used (in the front) on a lot of 80s GM cars.

doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2012 02:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the heads up! Bought 2

Just saved me a LOT of money! Made in the USA too, thank you!

------------------

Check out my build and my website!
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum3/HTML/000100.html
Embrace Racing

paced84

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2012 04:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for paced84Send a Private Message to paced84Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just tried to place an order new price $47.94

RT

------------------

signature by F-I-E-R-O (My Indy on right / #1 IMS)

Kevin87FieroGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2012 05:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kevin87FieroGTSend a Private Message to Kevin87FieroGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Saw that. The party is over!
carnut122

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2012 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Kevin87FieroGT:

Saw that. The party is over!

The Early Bird gets the worm...the second mouse gets the cheese. Mine arrive on Wednesday via Federal Express. Sorry you missed the party!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock