A History of the Blue Demon by Fierochic88
Started on: 07-14-2008 11:05 AM
Replies: 163 (6128 views)
Last post by: Fierochic88 on 10-12-2021 04:08 PM

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2021 10:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierochic88:

... As we pulled back into the driveway and approached the garage, Matt decided to chirp the tires and we heard a "clunk" - suddenly, the transmission no longer appeared to be functioning and both of our jaws had dropped. Really, something else had gone wrong????

I know the feeling, except when I did it it was because it snapped the previous owners welded and sleeved axle shaft. Thankfully in town only about a mile from my house. Yours was even better, at your driveway! If anyone is looking to have custom length thru hardened shafts made to size check out Moser engineering.

Congrats on the sweet Fiero!
IP: Logged
Fierochic88

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2021 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks! That is good to know. I know we need a "weak" point somewhere but having options for axles is good!

It was fun to park next to you at Fierorama!
LornesGT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2021 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Want to possibly fill the two pieces of my skitime bumper. What did you use? I have a glaze but I believe that won’t work because the gap is to large in spots. Your car helps keep me inspired to finish mine. Nice work.
Fierochic88

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2021 04:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LornesGT:

Want to possibly fill the two pieces of my skitime bumper. What did you use? I have a glaze but I believe that won’t work because the gap is to large in spots. Your car helps keep me inspired to finish mine. Nice work.

We used an SEM filler. I will caution that while I absolutely love the look of it, make sure you adjust your ride height because I've cracked it a few times.

~ Jen
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock