Fabrication by 86fiero3.4
Started on: 11-01-2012 12:27 PM
Replies: 9 (642 views)
Last post by: Big Paul on 12-27-2013 07:29 PM
86fiero3.4

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2012 12:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fiero3.4Send a Private Message to 86fiero3.4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I plan on doing some fabrication in the next weeks or so.

I will be making a roll bar or just harness bars for my 86se.

Chaserace.com makes harness bars for $400 a pair.
I am 100% positive i can beat that price by half or more.

No i am not trying to steal customers, give them a bad name or any of that.
I just think that they can be made the same quality for less money.

So if snyone has ideas for some stuff but cant make it personally or wants a pair of these let me know.

------------------
Cody - 86 SE 3.4pr/4 speed

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2012 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just a quick note:

Thank you for trying to provide a product for this community...

Harness bars and roll cages generally are certified for whatever use they are designed for.
This is the reason they are expensive.

If you can make it cheaper, then by all means, but I wouldn't suggest advertising them as anything more than cosmetic, and/or using them as functional items when yours or someone else's life may depend upon them.
86fiero3.4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2012 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fiero3.4Send a Private Message to 86fiero3.4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for your input. I will look into getting them certified or getting off road use only disclaimers

[This message has been edited by 86fiero3.4 (edited 11-01-2012).]

IIKool

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2012 05:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IIKoolSend a Private Message to IIKoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you are into fabrication, How about making the rear strut bar going across the rear trunk? It seems a lot of people would like one
hairballrm

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2012 11:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hairballrmClick Here to visit hairballrm's HomePageSend a Private Message to hairballrmEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yup, Doug Chase is apparently the go to guy here in the Pacific Northwest for Fiero cages.
Different race series all have different rules, and one thing you do not want to do is flunk out at tech.
Might ruin your weekend.
Not to discourage you from building cages.
All the information can be found online nowadays.

I have rear tower strut brace in my car that was installed when I bought it.
The performance gain is questionable and the darn thing bumped me into the "Street Prepared" class.
It is always in the way, but it is painted red and looks cool.

Here is my suggestion.
How about a bolt on, under space frame x-brace for roadsters?
To build cages, you will need a donor space frame.
The best way to install a roll cage in a Fiero is with the roof off.
All kinda goes hand in hand.

How serious do you want to be about this?

------------------
"Now you too can see in the dark."
http://projectorretrofit.com/ Please Like me on Facebook

86fiero3.4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2012 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fiero3.4Send a Private Message to 86fiero3.4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Im not on the west coast so traveling 3000 miles to have a roll bar built is not something i look for.
I understand the classes and tech in at tracks, ive been involved in all types of racing since i was around 7.
As far as being serious, im looking to do some smaller stuff until i get some more time and shop space.

i thank you for inputs.
Cody
85bluegtma

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2012 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85bluegtmaSend a Private Message to 85bluegtmaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IIKool:

If you are into fabrication, How about making the rear strut bar going across the rear trunk? It seems a lot of people would like one

id want one
Pappy

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2012 12:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PappySend a Private Message to PappyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If the price was right I'd want a strut tower brace too
I reckon the 88 is different to boot
coady

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2013 05:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for coadySend a Private Message to coadyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

****** I WOULD RECOMMEND TO ANYONE AND EVERYONE NOT DEAL WITH THIS SHADY CHARACTER!! UNLESS GETTING RIPPED OFF IS SOMETHING THAT YOU ARE INTO!!!
Big Paul

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2013 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Big PaulSend a Private Message to Big PaulEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well this thread is pretty old. But if you or someone are still trying to make a roll bar, I made one a while ago and posted the plants for it in my thread. I haven't installed the bar yet however, so I can't say how well it will fit with the interior installed. The plans are at the bottom of the first page

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/121697.html

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock