85 Notchie Build by Midn1ght Driv3r
Started on: 10-10-2012 11:25 PM
Replies: 45 (1582 views)
Last post by: Midn1ght Driv3r on 04-08-2014 01:36 AM
Midn1ght Driv3r

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2013 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Midn1ght Driv3rSend a Private Message to Midn1ght Driv3rEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Found one of the retaining clips for the linkage fell off so luckily I was able to find it. Haven't adjusted the cables again to see if I can get reverse yet though. Unfortunately, the water pump is leaking a lot of coolant right now, so it looks like the car isn't going to be making it to 30th. Really disappointing after all of this work, but I don't want to be stuck down there with a pump failure.
IP: Logged
Jfrost

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2013 12:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JfrostSend a Private Message to JfrostEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can only imagine how frustrating this is, but it's not worth running the risk of causing more damage to the car. Fix it right and you'll enjoy it later.

------------------
Project L67 Fiero

[This message has been edited by Jfrost (edited 06-25-2013).]

Midn1ght Driv3r

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2013 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Midn1ght Driv3rSend a Private Message to Midn1ght Driv3rEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I replaced the water pump this week and fixed all of the coolant leaks with it. It was a lot easier than I thought it would have been. After driving it around a little more, I decided it was time to get the alignment done and get some new tires instead of the dry-rotted ones on it.

Brought it to a couple shops in my area because I didn't trust it going too far. Both of them that I went to said they couldn't do an alignment on it because they didn't have the equipment or the specs to set it at. Long story short, brought it back to the shop again, and it was referred to as a "death trap" numerous times so I got it towed back home and I am currently fixing the problems they specified before they would do work on it. I don't deny the car had some problems, but half of the things they were telling me were wrong with it were why I brought it there in the first place.

I tightened down the suspension again to torque specs, and I'm currently working on removing the exhaust again to fix the leaks. The one good thing about going to the shop was they determined that both of my front calipers were frozen. Went out on another purchasing spree to fix a bunch of stuff, so I still have a decent amount of work to do unfortunately.

[This message has been edited by Midn1ght Driv3r (edited 04-08-2014).]

Midn1ght Driv3r

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2013 03:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Midn1ght Driv3rSend a Private Message to Midn1ght Driv3rEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
\Got the shifter problem figured out. Pretty dumb that there are bolts that hold down the bracket part of the transmission. Installed those, and I'm not 100% positive, but I'm pretty sure that I fixed the reverse problem I had.

Re-installed the exhaust tightened everything down with new exhaust gaskets. Shouldn't have any problems with leaks anymore.

Installed the new rear calipers along with fixing the e-brake.

Dropped the gas tank to replace the broken strap bolts along with the new return fuel line.

All that I have left is putting the calipers and replacing the hub/rotors on the front. It feels like I'm close, but it doesn't seem like it.

[This message has been edited by Midn1ght Driv3r (edited 04-08-2014).]

Midn1ght Driv3r

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2013 12:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Midn1ght Driv3rSend a Private Message to Midn1ght Driv3rEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Didn't think it was this long since I updated this. Well for one thing, the car is currently driving around. Got the front hub/rotor assemblies fixed.

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

Installed new shocks all the way around. Accidentally installed the mounting plate upside down and this happened.

Installed some new poly sway bar links.

Alternator wiring accidentally got burned off on the manifold because I routed it wrong. Replaced the alternator and rewired the pigtail.

Took off my blower motor to clean out the tubing and found this. Didn't think it was this bad, but I'm going to have to fix this eventually.

Car started to overheat, or at least as the gauge read. Turns out my radiator fan wasn't kicking on. Replaced it with another sensor.

A while ago I bought the rally gauges, and I'm finally getting those installed.

Got the surround and it's mounted. Just need to finish wiring it up.

The manual mirror bezel broke through so I bought Tom Derr's repair kit from Fiero Focus. This thing is awesome and I recommend it to anyone who has the same problem.
Before:

After:

Finally, I removed the old cluster to put the 86/88 lighted gauges coming in on Monday

About to put the car away for the winter, but I got it on the road at least. Next spring there's a bunch of body work I want to get done, along with getting the injectors rebuilt because two of them aren't working.

[This message has been edited by Midn1ght Driv3r (edited 11-17-2013).]

Midn1ght Driv3r

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2014 01:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Midn1ght Driv3rSend a Private Message to Midn1ght Driv3rEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Antique plates let me start driving this week so I pulled it out of the garage and cleaned it up. Washed and waxed it today.

Got the injectors rebuilt at Cruzin Performance and couldn't be happier with them. Tests from the shop showed that only 3 of them were actually working so I'm surprised I had it running for as long as it did. Sounds a lot better, but the exhaust leak is a little bit more noticeable.

Just ordered grabbed a new tray from here on the forum since my old one rotted out.

Most of the things that I have left are just finishing the wiring for the gauges and some of the other things like the new oil pressure switch. Eventually I would like to get that trunk rust fixed this season along with maybe getting some painting done on it. I'm considering the idea of plastidip'ing the whole car until I can afford a decent paint job for it unless I find something I like a little bit better.

Had an opportunity to try the black plasti-dip on my hood and cover up some of the areas where the paint is gone. Turned out alright, but I'd do a different color than black.

Kind of sad that I'm running out of things that I wanted to do to this car, but there's not very much I can do in terms of performance with this engine so we'll see what the future holds.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock