Carbon Fiber Quarter Windows? by American Exotic
Started on: 10-07-2012 02:44 PM
Replies: 17 (936 views)
Last post by: mptighe on 08-26-2013 03:45 PM
American Exotic

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2012 02:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for American ExoticSend a Private Message to American ExoticEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My drivers side quarter window on my GT decided to crack in a couple locations and I'm not a fan on how she looks. I would love to purchase a rear quarter scoop but the budget will not allow that right now. I needed a quick fix to finish out the car show season and hopefully have enough money saved up by Christmas, I can buy my scoop. So my fix ended up with me purchasing a 2 foot by 5 foot sheet of carbon fiber car wrap on Ebay for $15. Installed it today and I actually like it more than I thought. It gives it a modern look. Some of todays supercars have real carbon fiber installed and I love that look. Installation was fairly easy as long as you have something to smooth out the bubbles as you lay it in place. The carbon fiber wrap is thick enough where it does a good job of covering all the cracks in the window and are not noticeable. I think overall it's a love it or hate it fix. Not real sure how to post pics. If someone will allow me to email them , then put a picture up of my car, that would be appreciated. Let me know what you think, LOVE IT or HATE IT. I'm a big boy, I can take it, thanks.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
skuzzbomer

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2012 03:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can upload them...

Skuzzboomer (at) aol
American Exotic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2012 03:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for American ExoticSend a Private Message to American ExoticEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks, I sent you the pics.
fierogtlt1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2012 05:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Waiting for pics.
deezil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2012 05:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for deezilSend a Private Message to deezilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If skuzz has a problem hosting them send them to my email dsinks @ att.net
No spaces between the @ sign.
D3M6B

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2012 05:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for D3M6BSend a Private Message to D3M6BEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I always felt that the 1/4 windows would be a great location to do a ram air scoops for the engine bay

------------------
V/R
AG2(IDW/AW/SW) Mauk

American Exotic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2012 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for American ExoticSend a Private Message to American ExoticEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here are the pics...

deezil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2012 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for deezilSend a Private Message to deezilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good deal you got them em up!!

I like it...

I plan on blacking out a set of the Junk Khines a friend gave me after one of them came off. I Am just going to stripp the paint and scuff the back really well and bond them with 3m urethane.

Then I'll do what you did with gloss black Hexis vinyl.
American Exotic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2012 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for American ExoticSend a Private Message to American ExoticEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yea, I thought the same thing . The gloss black would blend perfectly with the car. If you do it right, it looks like it's supposed to be there. I guess I've always liked the carbon fiber look and figured I'll give it a shot.
Dementia

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2012 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DementiaSend a Private Message to DementiaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can dig it, sure better than cracked windows.
American Exotic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2012 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for American ExoticSend a Private Message to American ExoticEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks, just noticed first pic looks a little off. Not sure what happened there.
PFF
System Bot
Big Paul

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2012 11:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Big PaulSend a Private Message to Big PaulEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Those look great! Overall your car is amazing. Like a mirror!
American Exotic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2012 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for American ExoticSend a Private Message to American ExoticEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey, I try! It's pretty easy when the car comes out maybe 2-3 times a month. Thanks a lot
deezil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2012 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for deezilSend a Private Message to deezilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just ordered my sheet of gloss black vinyl.

I can't wait to do the same thing to mine!
Meatstick62

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2012 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Meatstick62Send a Private Message to Meatstick62Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by deezil:

I just ordered my sheet of gloss black vinyl.

I can't wait to do the same thing to mine!

Make sure to post pics of what that looks like. I'm thinking I may try that on mine. I was going to paint them but I think the vinyl may do a better job at hiding cracks.

[This message has been edited by Meatstick62 (edited 10-08-2012).]

racingfortheson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2013 11:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for racingforthesonSend a Private Message to racingforthesonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just wondering if anyone else did this.
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2013 12:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by racingfortheson:

Just wondering if anyone else did this.

I've made these out of real carbon fiber for people in the past but in all honesty, today's newer carbon fiber vinyl looks great and for a fraction of the cost.
mptighe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 122
Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2013 03:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

I've made these out of real carbon fiber for people in the past but in all honesty, today's newer carbon fiber vinyl looks great and for a fraction of the cost.

Any pics? What was the cost?

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock