Plasti Dipped Stock Rims by Burly1
Started on: 09-04-2012 10:02 PM
Replies: 81 (2804 views)
Last post by: carbon on 06-04-2014 09:54 AM

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2014 08:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If all colors are the same durability it will hold up great. I did not expect the black to hold up this well on my truck. I keep forgetting to post pics, I will have to get some.
IP: Logged
gwg1995

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2014 09:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gwg1995Send a Private Message to gwg1995Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I plastidiped my wheels and te two tone part of my trim a year ago and that's about as long as they will last before you'll need to re-plastidip them. It absorbs dirt and looks dirty and faded even when clean. Tire foam or Tuff stuff seems to work the best when cleaning it. When plastidipping, use one can per wheel or else it will be a nightmare to get off. It needs to be thick enough to peal or else you'll have to rub it off... It's not fun. Ohh and tape off unwanted surfaces because overspray plastidip is very difficult to get off. It's cool to do experimental painting with it but it needs as much maintenance as the fiero itself. Jut some forewarnings to potential plastidippers.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2014 11:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by gwg1995:

I plastidiped my wheels and te two tone part of my trim a year ago and that's about as long as they will last before you'll need to re-plastidip them. It absorbs dirt and looks dirty and faded even when clean. Tire foam or Tuff stuff seems to work the best when cleaning it. When plastidipping, use one can per wheel or else it will be a nightmare to get off. It needs to be thick enough to peal or else you'll have to rub it off... It's not fun. Ohh and tape off unwanted surfaces because overspray plastidip is very difficult to get off. It's cool to do experimental painting with it but it needs as much maintenance as the fiero itself. Jut some forewarnings to potential plastidippers.

Doh! Good thing I dont really plan to remove mine.
carbon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2014 12:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Dip Your Car site says to use at least 3 med wet coats to ensure it will peel nicely when removed. It is most definitely harder to keep clean as it is rubbery and it is a matte finish, by definition it has pores all over it that will want to hold dirt.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2014 05:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This look slike an option if it was sprayed on too thin, (thus making it more difficult to remove).

https://www.dipyourcar.com/Dip-Dissolver.html

I also read there is no problem spraying a new coat over top of an old coat.
gwg1995

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2014 09:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gwg1995Send a Private Message to gwg1995Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

This look slike an option if it was sprayed on too thin, (thus making it more difficult to remove).

https://www.dipyourcar.com/Dip-Dissolver.html

I also read there is no problem spraying a new coat over top of an old coat.

Yeah that's what the problem often is. WD-40 works wonders on removing thin plasti-dip. Spraying a new coat over older plasti-dip works if the older plasti-dip is squeaky clean but if it is a year old and has dirt in it; It peels off a week later all on its own. Don't get me wrong, it's a great product but it has its faults.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2014 09:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Avert your eyes if a non Fiero will bug you

Here's when I applied it early last September. In the photo of the one black wheel it is still wet, it gets more matte when dry.
I did black "ghost" flames too just to custom it up a little because I had the truck in a car show last fall where we were trying to get as many vehicles as possible. If I remove the flames they will probly need that dissolver stuff. It is only one coat, I removed the tape immediately before it could dry and cling to it. The truck has been thru automatic car washes and none has come off.

These are worse than this one looks for corrosion:

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 05-09-2014).]

carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2014 12:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Plastidip ghost flames!

EvilSqueezles

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2014 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for EvilSqueezlesSend a Private Message to EvilSqueezlesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Having dipped 9 cars now. I might be able to clear up a few things.

1) if you dip correctly (by making sure everything is super dry and using the pre-dip spray they offer) you can easily expect several years from the dip

2) there are certain colors that fade over the course of a year if youre in a sunny climate. The.ones to avoid are any of the neon colors as the uv exposure dulls them pretty quick

3) you can stripe without cutting any lines to peel when youre done. Trick is to pull your tape off as soon as youre done spraying youre last coat. Plasti dip, when applied in mulptiple.coats actually reliquifies the coats beneath it

4) the trick to avoiding dust and dirt from getting into the pores on a matte finish is to do a half and half mix with matte clear and the pearl top coats. The pearl gives it a much smoother finish and does not hold dust nearly as bad.

5) when masking off around front and back windows... place your tape about an inch or more in. That way as you spray you get a nice build up on the glass for an inch. The seam will "cut" the line for you and as long as you get it nice and thick, will peel right off your glass.

6) when doing an entire car, i wouldnt recommend anything less than 5 coats. It simply.wont hold up as well. First two should be 50% coverage coats followed by 3 medium heavy coats.

We've dipped a bunch of my friends cars and even a couple.for people that just saw us doing it and wanted theirs done. A car the size of a Fiero will meed the 3 gal pro car kit dipyourcar.com offers, just have to add whatever (if anything) you want for a top coat. Total cost when i bought the stuff for my Fiero was 410$, although i have yet to spray own car.

~James

weloveour86se

Feedback score:    (115)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2014 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm going to try white on my 17's. I bought them used from a guy that blew his Fiero motor doing burn outs. Needless to say he beat the rims bad. Also don't mind the garbage lugs. As soon as I put wrench to them 2 years ago they started rusting. Maybe I could power coat them as I have 25lbs of Sky White from Dupont PC media. However IDK how the PC will hold up against the lug wrench. Guess I will maybe just hit them with some white paint

Anyway before Plasti Dip white.

Pretty bad huh? It's been parked since the start of winter last year. Sad actually.

So I hope to pull the rim tomorrow and clean it up. ANY tips at all are welcome! However I wanna keep it low budget. Wish me luck.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Andrew

carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2014 08:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just know that you will still see curb rash or clear rot... the dip does not fill/hide texture.
PFF
System Bot
bmwguru

Feedback score:    (38)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2014 05:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It cost me $500 to have the plasti-dip removed from my MINI Cooper S two piece wheels. The previous owner applied it too thin and it was impossible to take off, so I sent them to a wheel refinishing shop. I've seen it on many applications and think it is the worst thing you can do to a car because the finish does not last and it peels off.

There is a 540i in my shop right now that is plasti-dipped in the weird blue color and it looks like someone covered it in play-dough.

Your wheels look good...I just hope your experience is better than mine.

Dave

------------------

www.hausofguru.com

Formula

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2014 08:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bmwguru:

It cost me $500 to have the plasti-dip removed from my MINI Cooper S two piece wheels. The previous owner applied it too thin and it was impossible to take off, so I sent them to a wheel refinishing shop. I've seen it on many applications and think it is the worst thing you can do to a car because the finish does not last and it peels off.

There is a 540i in my shop right now that is plasti-dipped in the weird blue color and it looks like someone covered it in play-dough.

Dave

https://www.dipyourcar.com/Dip-Dissolver-Category/

Spray it on, and pressure wash it off
bmwguru

Feedback score:    (38)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2014 02:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I tried that and it took off the thick parts, but left tiny little pieces everywhere....that was when I did the math to see what my time was worth vs sending them out.

weloveour86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2014 09:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Might seem like a stupid question but...

How do I prep the tire around the rim? Tape it off? Or just overspray it and peel it off after?

EDITED to add... Do NOT spray Plasti dip on a dry tire. Put some Armour All or even Vaseline or tire shine, anything greasy, on the tire first. I have spent around 3 hours so far scraping and peeling one side. Sure the edge near the rim peels right off. However as you work your way around and out on the sidewall, and the Plasti dip gets thinner it doesn't just peel right off...PITA!

[This message has been edited by weloveour86se (edited 05-26-2014).]

weloveour86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2014 05:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here are my results after a first attempt. Scraping and peeling for about 10 effing hours total. My thumb is raw. I used a utility knife blade and used the edge and scraped and peeled. I also used a sanding sponge for around the really thin parts of the outer side wall. What a PITA!!

DO NOT SPRAY ON A DRY TIRE!!! CAUTION!!

And finally after hours of scraping... Note the lack of sunshine so I will have to snap a few pics tomorrow if time permits.

Yes my cars paint is pretty bad, I know. Dreaded PO used cheapo shaker cans and it's peeling horribly. Lets try to look past that for now. Anyway I am VERY pleased with the results thus far (besides the 10hrs of scraping). I think as long as a coat of tire shine or Armor All or even just some Vaseline is on the tire, the rubber part, it might be a TON easier. Cleaning the surface thus far has been as easy as a bucket of water and a soft clean sponge with great results.

Can't wait to do the other rims now! Looks BA thus far in my opinion. And for me the white rims offset nicely with the white wind shield logo.

edited for dang typos...

[This message has been edited by weloveour86se (edited 05-28-2014).]

huracan2015

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2014 01:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for huracan2015Send a Private Message to huracan2015Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BrittB:

How many cans did it take to do the set of wheels?

4 cans. Don't worry about counting coats, just use up 1 can per wheel. Even if you think its done, finish the can!!!!!
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2014 02:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Something like this?

carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2014 02:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Dave

No one said it couldn't be done poorly...

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2014 04:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by weloveour86se:

Here are my results after a first attempt. Scraping and peeling for about 10 effing hours total. My thumb is raw. I used a utility knife blade and used the edge and scraped and peeled. I also used a sanding sponge for around the really thin parts of the outer side wall. What a PITA!! ...

That does look good. The thing about a car with flaws, if you make something else stand out and look good it distracts from the flaws
I suppose some newspaper or plastic bag and some painters tape would work to mask. Honestly since mine was black I didnt mask and just sprayed it close to the rim edge. What did get on the tire you could barely see after it dried but came loose from the rubber on its own in about 100 miles, then i just peeled that part off. But then I only used about 2.5 coats per wheel . I will likley just add a coat per year and see how it goes. I will probably need the dissolver to get my flames off from the sound of it, not too big of a deal. Its a battle truck, it battles the winters.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 05-29-2014).]

Greg Z

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2014 02:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Greg ZSend a Private Message to Greg ZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just started using Plasti-Dip on my cars. How are you guys fighting brake dust? It's gets in the small crevices of the texture.

I have red rims and green.
PFF
System Bot
huracan2015

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2014 02:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for huracan2015Send a Private Message to huracan2015Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Greg Z:

I just started using Plasti-Dip on my cars. How are you guys fighting brake dust? It's gets in the small crevices of the texture.

I have red rims and green.

Buy the brake dust pro spray from dipyourcar.com

[This message has been edited by huracan2015 (edited 05-30-2014).]

Greg Z

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2014 02:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Greg ZSend a Private Message to Greg ZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Here are my results after a first attempt. Scraping and peeling for about 10 effing hours total. My thumb is raw. I used a utility knife blade and used the edge and scraped and peeled. I also used a sanding sponge for around the really thin parts of the outer side wall. What a PITA!!

DO NOT SPRAY ON A DRY TIRE!!! CAUTION!!

And finally after hours of scraping... Note the lack of sunshine so I will have to snap a few pics tomorrow if time permits.

Yes my cars paint is pretty bad, I know. Dreaded PO used cheapo shaker cans and it's peeling horribly. Lets try to look past that for now. Anyway I am VERY pleased with the results thus far (besides the 10hrs of scraping). I think as long as a coat of tire shine or Armor All or even just some Vaseline is on the tire, the rubber part, it might be a TON easier. Cleaning the surface thus far has been as easy as a bucket of water and a soft clean sponge with great results.

Can't wait to do the other rims now! Looks BA thus far in my opinion. And for me the white rims offset nicely with the white wind shield logo.

edited for dang typos...

Just use a trash bag or paper plates cut in half. I've done both. Zero clean up time. Or you can use index cards.

[This message has been edited by Greg Z (edited 05-30-2014).]

Greg Z

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2014 03:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Greg ZSend a Private Message to Greg ZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Greg Z

1218 posts
Member since Jun 2004

Originally posted by huracan2015:

Buy the brake dust pro spray from dipyourcar.com

Found it. It's 20$ plus shipping. Can it be found locally anywhere or something that does the same thing?

weloveour86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2014 06:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

That does look good. The thing about a car with flaws, if you make something else stand out and look good it distracts from the flaws
I suppose some newspaper or plastic bag and some painters tape would work to mask. Honestly since mine was black I didnt mask and just sprayed it close to the rim edge. What did get on the tire you could barely see after it dried but came loose from the rubber on its own in about 100 miles, then i just peeled that part off. But then I only used about 2.5 coats per wheel . I will likley just add a coat per year and see how it goes. I will probably need the dissolver to get my flames off from the sound of it, not too big of a deal. Its a battle truck, it battles the winters.

Gotcha. How does the saying go? You could put a tuxedo on a turd but it's still a turd?

No really though masking the tire is a no brainer when using colors other then black. I should have seen that one coming. It's just that I went to Youtube and watched a Plasti Dip video and dude sprayed it right on a tire and It peeled right off. Ironically though the guy mentions that the customer came in with tire shine on his tires already.

Now I can't wait to do the front pass side and see. All in all thus far a pretty good result. Makes me want to get back at my car and get it ready for paint again!

edit to add video.

[This message has been edited by weloveour86se (edited 05-30-2014).]

huracan2015

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2014 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for huracan2015Send a Private Message to huracan2015Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Greg Z:

Found it. It's 20$ plus shipping. Can it be found locally anywhere or something that does the same thing?

Nope, it was designed by DYC specifically for plasti dip
weloveour86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2014 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Finally got around to doing the right front. This time I sprayed a cloth with some tire shine and wiped the rubber down. I didn't want tire shine all over the rim so I used the rag method. Took a bit more time and wasted a lot but the results were well worth it.

After about 15 minutes of clean up time.

Definitely hit your tire with some tire shine on a rag first. Then you can just peel it off and for final clean up hit it with a hose or scrub brush. WAY easier. Tomorrow I will hopefully do a final clean up and install. Then I can start the drivers side. Not to shabby thus far!!
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2014 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This seems to be the new thing now and I just don't like it. I cant tell you how many D bags I see running around with Evo's and civics with this crap on them. some guy at a meet last weekend suggested I should plastidip my mustang to which I looked at him with a very offensive look and walked away. Wheels are one thing. its a nice change of look that will last you a while but a whole car especially one with a good paint job under it... why waste your money.
pHoOl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2014 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pHoOlClick Here to visit pHoOl's HomePageSend a Private Message to pHoOlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When I painted runs on my ion I took a cheap deck of cards from the dollar store and placed them overlapping between the rim and tire. Could prob use post it notes too. Worked great. Never got overspray on the tires
carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2014 12:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:

This seems to be the new thing now and I just don't like it. I cant tell you how many D bags I see running around with Evo's and civics with this crap on them. some guy at a meet last weekend suggested I should plastidip my mustang to which I looked at him with a very offensive look and walked away.

Good for you...

[This message has been edited by carbon (edited 06-02-2014).]

carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2014 12:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

carbon

4767 posts
Member since Apr 2004

Originally posted by huracan2015:

Nope, it was designed by DYC specifically for plasti dip

Doubt it... Fonzi there doesn't strike me as a chemist. Most likely something common that's been re-branded/packaged. You don't think they invented plasti-dip do you?
PFF
System Bot
Silicoan86

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2014 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Silicoan86Send a Private Message to Silicoan86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

After about 15 minutes of clean up time.

Yikes! You are definitely doing this the hard way. Seriously, before you do the other wheels, buy a pack of note cards and place them around the rim, tucked between the lip of the rim and the tire. It only takes a couple of minutes and there will be zero clean up time if you spray within the confines of the note cards.

[This message has been edited by Silicoan86 (edited 06-02-2014).]

weloveour86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2014 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Silicoan86:

Yikes! You are definitely doing this the hard way. Seriously, before you do the other wheels, buy a pack of note cards and place them around the rim, tucked between the lip of the rim and the tire. It only takes a couple of minutes and there will be zero clean up time if you spray within the confines of the note cards.

Sounds like great advice. Although the tire shine did wonders. I think your flash card method would work tons better. TY for the advice. Sharing is caring as they say.

So finished up the front and I really like it. This has taken my rims from ho hum to BOOYAH!

Now I'm off to find some flash cards and do the drivers side.

pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2014 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by carbon:

Good for you...

Being that I worked with you on the Tyler's toy project and once thought you were a pretty cool guy. I'm just going to leave you with this.

Silicoan86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2014 11:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Silicoan86Send a Private Message to Silicoan86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sounds like great advice. Although the tire shine did wonders. I think your flash card method would work tons better. TY for the advice. Sharing is caring as they say.

So finished up the front and I really like it. This has taken my rims from ho hum to BOOYAH!

Now I'm off to find some flash cards and do the drivers side.

Looks great!
dcarrd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2014 01:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dcarrdSend a Private Message to dcarrdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ive been experimenting with the plastidip and the glossifier and I like the results. The youtube videos from dipyourcar.com are phenomenal as they pretty much tackle much of what the auto enthusiast would think of doing. Im starting to see pearls and other additives being used with the plastidip with really good results. So far ive only dipped one of the rear deck side covers a few times to see how difficult it was and how easy it is to peel off and so far so good.
Silicoan86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2014 01:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Silicoan86Send a Private Message to Silicoan86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I recently added some very 80's looking Plastidip accents to my quarter panels just in front of the rear wheels. I got the idea from a Hotwheels Porsche 911 that I've had sitting on my desk at work. I wasn't sure how it would look on the Fiero, but I actually like it a lot. It sorta flows with the lines of The Ugglage Rackā„¢. The best part about it is if I get tired of it, I can peel it right off. Also note that the wheels were coated in Plastidip in spring of 2012 and are still holding up great.

PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2014 02:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:

This seems to be the new thing now and I just don't like it. I cant tell you how many D bags I see running around with Evo's and civics with this crap on them.

Around here they like to do it to Maseratis. Looks pitiful, especially since it's a flat finish. These guys have more money than brains ....
PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2014 02:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

PaulJK

6638 posts
Member since Oct 2001
Wow. That white looks terrific (The flat black looks ..... Amish - ok, just not for me).

[This message has been edited by PaulJK (edited 06-03-2014).]

Venomous

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2014 06:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VenomousSend a Private Message to VenomousEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just plastidiped my 17s that were originally painted a dark charcoal color. I went with the new true metallics color aluminum that's advertised on dipyourcar.com. I masked my wheels off and went to town. I was pleasantly surprised how well it applied. I eventually stopped around 8 coats each. Turned out better than I anticipated. My only concern now is longevity and keeping them clean. The photos make them look darker than they actually are.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock